Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
keltong

Sembawang Budget Terminal

I remembered Ikea has a range of corner shelvings. Tomorrow gg there as 1st stop... Perhaps will take a look @ the shelves series and the grundel thingy. Dowan to let Ikea ppl charge me per drill hole. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a lot of thingss..... i guess hubbs & i shld forget abt ever moving.... really huge hassle...

ur lil boi very cute.. hee hee

Moving with existing furniture is a HUGE job! But it also means lots of savings coz no need to buy so many new ones. Haha...

Hi kel...wow..I'm blown away by your pics. :bow: Some pretty good ideas!

Amazed that you actually installed so many fans...they're very nice. But, am I right that you installed the fans under a false ceiling? No concerns? I'm agonising between the fan & false ceiling for my hall.

btw, is there any need to have a steel or glass backing for the k. cabinet? As the walls are tiled, what is the purpose then? To keep the tiles clean?

No...on budget, so no false ceiling, all REAL ceiling for the whole house. :D The fans really come in handy, and now wondering should I have done it for kitchen, the kitchen is so hot! Maybe its the weather now.

The stainless steel/glass backing is more for a nicer look I guess, tiles are actually already quite easy to clean (except the lines) but the glass and stainless steel make it even easier to clean and look nice too. :P

Hi Keltong,

Can I know if it was Ikea tt you got the black shelves? :)

Looks to me like those custom made shelves...?

looks like ikea billy or besta series :dunno:

FULL MARKS for sharp eye applefreak. Heehee...it's my 10years old billy bookcase. All except 1 in sizes no longer available today. :(

Plus 3 Benno CD Tower.

I remembered Ikea has a range of corner shelvings. Tomorrow gg there as 1st stop... Perhaps will take a look @ the shelves series and the grundel thingy. Dowan to let Ikea ppl charge me per drill hole. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

The BILLY bookcase on sale!!! But warning...heard the quality not as good as 10 years ago as they try to bring the prices down. Read it from IKEAFANS forum.

Also, corner unit for BILLY no longer available, what they use now is a special bracket to fit the 40cm width bookcase as a corner unit.

More IKEA items coming tomorrow...heehee...and thinking of changing my masterbedroom vanity top. The HDB one cannot make it, change one liao less than 1 month the color run again. Looking at the VATTERN series from ikea, but not decided. :dunno:

My Service Balcony

Dryer (left) and Washer (right)

newhouse_pix284.jpg

how much for the window at the service? if you do for your balcony too??

how much u spend in total??

Huh... Keltong... the corner unit no longer available ah? I saw it there last mth still! :~ :~

Any idea if other series have the corner unit? I need one with an ext for my study. :~ Btw, when you fixed yrs 10 yrs ago, was it affixed to the wall? Or you leave it there standing on its own?

hey kel, hw much did ur grilles cost u ?

how much for the window at the service? if you do for your balcony too??

how much u spend in total??

Err...I only know the total, cannot really remember the breakdown.

I did 2panel sliding window for the service balcony with grilles. Plus grilles for whole house windows, and wrought iron grilles for the balcony (no window). Total damage $1.7K.

I think the balcony wrought iron grille is around $700, so $1K for the grilles plus windows (at service balcony). The window should be $300+ and the aluminum grilles $600+. I hope my (short) memory don't fail me.

Huh... Keltong... the corner unit no longer available ah? I saw it there last mth still! :~ :~

Any idea if other series have the corner unit? I need one with an ext for my study. :~ Btw, when you fixed yrs 10 yrs ago, was it affixed to the wall? Or you leave it there standing on its own?

Hi skywolf, its not that it is not available, just they change the way they do the corner. Last time is special shape corner unit, now they use special bracket to make the 40cm width bookcase 'appear' to be a corner unit. The look will still be like a corner unit except the shelf in straight.

I left it standing without fixing to the wall. When it is filled with books, it is not movable. :D

BUT! If you get the BENNO CD tower you will realise they is this 'U' shape hook to secure it to the BILLY bookshelves. This hook is perfect to secure between bookshelves too. I have just enough to secure everything with the 'U' shape hook and so all the bookshelves are link together, so it is in my opinion, secured. I will try to post a pix here later to show you what I mean.

10years on, and after moving 3 time, the bookshelves are still going strong, guess I am blessed huh. :notti:

Err...I only know the total, cannot really remember the breakdown.

I did 2panel sliding window for the service balcony with grilles. Plus grilles for whole house windows, and wrought iron grilles for the balcony (no window). Total damage $1.7K.

I think the balcony wrought iron grille is around $700, so $1K for the grilles plus windows (at service balcony). The window should be $300+ and the aluminum grilles $600+. I hope my (short) memory don't fail me.

hmm.. my ID quote me 500+ for the service balcony windows.. :dunno:

seems ex leh.. the balcony window is also ex.. 975..

any good window contractors to recommend..:)

Hi skywolf, its not that it is not available, just they change the way they do the corner. Last time is special shape corner unit, now they use special bracket to make the 40cm width bookcase 'appear' to be a corner unit. The look will still be like a corner unit except the shelf in straight.

I left it standing without fixing to the wall. When it is filled with books, it is not movable. :D

BUT! If you get the BENNO CD tower you will realise they is this 'U' shape hook to secure it to the BILLY bookshelves. This hook is perfect to secure between bookshelves too. I have just enough to secure everything with the 'U' shape hook and so all the bookshelves are link together, so it is in my opinion, secured. I will try to post a pix here later to show you what I mean.

10years on, and after moving 3 time, the bookshelves are still going strong, guess I am blessed huh. :notti:

Yeah. I'm thinking of getting the corner unit + the extension height (to maximise the space up there)... so deliberating shd we get either ikea ppl or our id to drill the holes and fix it into the wall so tt it will not collaspe down. :jawdrop: Perhaps yours has no ext unit so you use the U-hook to secure it b/w the shelves? But i had heard that once ikea stuff are mounted on the wall, next time if want to dismantle it, the thing will be gone case. So dilemma nw also...

Yeah. I'm thinking of getting the corner unit + the extension height (to maximise the space up there)... so deliberating shd we get either ikea ppl or our id to drill the holes and fix it into the wall so tt it will not collaspe down. :jawdrop: Perhaps yours has no ext unit so you use the U-hook to secure it b/w the shelves? But i had heard that once ikea stuff are mounted on the wall, next time if want to dismantle it, the thing will be gone case. So dilemma nw also...

The extension won't fit mine. Coz mine is 3x 60cm and 1x 80cm. Now all the BILLY are 40cm and 80cm only. So cannot be 1 extend the rest don't. :(

Never use the extension before so don't know how it is secured, but I do believe it will be secured well onto the shelves. To make sure they don't collapse, they come with something to secure to the wall, not to wall mount it. If you getting IKEA to install for you, they will probably also ask you if need to secure to the wall. Think is 1 hole only. You might want to check with them first when you are down at IKEA. I usually don't bother to secure it, hate to have holes drilled, so just to minimize to those necessary. :P

hmm.. my ID quote me 500+ for the service balcony windows.. :dunno:

seems ex leh.. the balcony window is also ex.. 975..

any good window contractors to recommend..:)

Mine is Wellmax. I also cannot be sure they are good of not, but quite comfortable with the uncle so just go with them loh. I think someone else called they and feedback the price is so-so only leh. So I also don't know if they are cheap. But I got 3 quotes and they are the middle one and the uncle seems quite sincere compare to the other so just went with him. Don't know how to comment on workmanship since still new all looks good. Need time to tell if the workmanship is good.

I hope tt the extension will be secured to the bottom shelves. Coz I whd hate to know that they can collaspe front-wards if something slam at the front of the main cabinet. :bleah:

And yeah, I do not want them to secure it against the wall also. Minimise the drilling involved + possibility tt removing it in the future will be a pain. I suppose when I went down next time, have to see how the corner unit fits now and get my feeling of the ext unit collasping assuaged. :P

Mine is Wellmax. I also cannot be sure they are good of not, but quite comfortable with the uncle so just go with them loh. I think someone else called they and feedback the price is so-so only leh. So I also don't know if they are cheap. But I got 3 quotes and they are the middle one and the uncle seems quite sincere compare to the other so just went with him. Don't know how to comment on workmanship since still new all looks good. Need time to tell if the workmanship is good.

may i know all the 3 contacts..

if too sensitive.. pm ba.. :)

personally, find that securing the bookcase to the wall is a necessity

coz my sis just got one with glass doors

when the bookcase is empty, just opening the doors will coz the whole thing to collapse towards you :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

so can only put A LOT of heavy things at the bottom and nothing much on top :dunno:

I hope tt the extension will be secured to the bottom shelves. Coz I whd hate to know that they can collaspe front-wards if something slam at the front of the main cabinet. :bleah:

And yeah, I do not want them to secure it against the wall also. Minimise the drilling involved + possibility tt removing it in the future will be a pain. I suppose when I went down next time, have to see how the corner unit fits now and get my feeling of the ext unit collasping assuaged. :P

personally, find that securing the bookcase to the wall is a necessity

coz my sis just got one with glass doors

when the bookcase is empty, just opening the doors will coz the whole thing to collapse towards you :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

so can only put A LOT of heavy things at the bottom and nothing much on top :dunno:

If got door, I think it will be more necessary as the door will have added weight to pull the bookshelves forward. We wanted to get doors, again the size is different now so no way to get it. So just have to clean more often (as if I really do) coz no doors means more dust.

skywolf: a word of warning, as mentioned, the BILLY bookcase does not seems to be what it use to be. Read from IKEANFANS forum that the material use now seems to be not as good as previous (cost cutting to lower the price). But at $59 (4 days sales) for the 80cm, it's a steal anyway.

may i know all the 3 contacts..

if too sensitive.. pm ba.. :)

I try to find out, coz all those I don't use discard liao. But one of them is from a forummer and another is from classified. Will try to let you know.

Got this to hang clothes behind the door, no need to drill, just place on top and the door still can close properly. Only problem, too high! Ok for me, my wife needs to use hanger, and my sons cannot reach it. But still like it, and bought another 2 more.

$12 from Homefix.

newhouse_pix303.jpg

newhouse_pix306.jpg