Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reiki

The Reiki Sanctuary

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

handsome, the black colour reminds me of the dead sea :D

so pro sia! the 'contractor' in me will definitely not try something like this dun worry ;)

handsome, the black colour reminds me of the dead sea :D

so pro sia! the 'contractor' in me will definitely not try something like this dun worry ;)

Pretty ah, exactly that was what I thought when the pics were taken during the reno. :o Plus, a little worried ler during the 48 hours.

Hehe, your house VERY swee swee liow ah .. wanna have this dead sea oso too late to do lah.

All paint shop should have. Buy the appropriate thickness. Given a choice, I would get the most thickest one to accomodate all the thick cables in one trunk. Unfortunately, the electrician brought this piece and we accepted it.

We got it nailed just like any normal electrical casing.

Hi Reiki,

We went to a hardware shop (5 jin shop), paint shop and lightings shop to ask about this trunk. But none of them have it.

Is the wire inside this trunk easily access? How do you 'open' the trunk? My hb is thinking of just using the normal casing. ;)

Is the wire inside this trunk easily access? How do you 'open' the trunk? My hb is thinking of just using the normal casing. ;)

Hi Rasp,

Err, I think I might have confused you :unsure: The trunk is the normal electrical casing [as in pic below] which is easily available.

electrical_trunking1.jpg

Perhaps, you can ask your electrician to provide you FOC :) since it is only short to cover that small length area.

Yes, the wires are easily available. You may want to label each wire/cable so it will be easily identifiable.

When it is not painted, it is easy to open it - just 'click' at the side and it pops open. After painting, I will open it from the lower end - just use a screwdriver to pop it open.

Electricalminitrunking.jpg

[The top - as in diagram, is where you nailed it to the wall]

My apologies if there was miscomm, Rasp.

Edited by Reiki

Hi Rasp,

Err, I think I might have confused you :unsure: The trunk is the normal electrical casing [as in pic below] which is easily available.

electrical_trunking1.jpg

Perhaps, you can ask your electrician to provide you FOC :) since it is only short to cover that small length area.

Yes, the wires are easily available. You may want to label each wire/cable so it will be easily identifiable.

When it is not painted, it is easy to open it - just 'click' at the side and it pops open. After painting, I will open it from the lower end - just use a screwdriver to pop it open.

Electricalminitrunking.jpg

[The top - as in diagram, is where you nailed it to the wall]

My apologies if there was miscomm, Rasp.

Hey Reiki,

Its ok. I think I was the one who got it wrong. :bangwall:

I think we will buy it ourselves cause quite cheap (around 2.80 for 2m). Hee.. thanks for the pic & diagram. :D

Err.. do you mean, you nailed the 'top' portion (as in your diagram), which is the flat piece to the wall? I think the electrician usually nail the other side (the one with sides) to the wall first and the flat piece is later put on after the wires are run. Hee.. if I didn't get it wrong, is there any reason for nailing the flat piece instead? :huh:

Hey Reiki,

Its ok. I think I was the one who got it wrong. :bangwall:

I think we will buy it ourselves cause quite cheap (around 2.80 for 2m). Hee.. thanks for the pic & diagram. :D

Err.. do you mean, you nailed the 'top' portion (as in your diagram), which is the flat piece to the wall? I think the electrician usually nail the other side (the one with sides) to the wall first and the flat piece is later put on after the wires are run. Hee.. if I didn't get it wrong, is there any reason for nailing the flat piece instead? :huh:

Rasp, LOL .. think I hit myself too :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

After your post, I closely scrutinised how the trunks were done. You are right, Rasp :bangwall: The one nailed to the wall is not the flat piece. Hahaha, so much for relying on our contractors. :rolleyes:

Rasp, LOL .. think I hit myself too :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

After your post, I closely scrutinised how the trunks were done. You are right, Rasp :bangwall: The one nailed to the wall is not the flat piece. Hahaha, so much for relying on our contractors. :rolleyes:

Hi Reiki,

Hee.. thanks for checking. Now we're left with buying and nailing the trunking. After the Tv was mounted, we realised the distance is quite short. Think we only need less than a metre for it. Will share the pic if we successfully d.i.y. the area. :D

By the way, can I also check if your hob is silicon to your top? We are not sure if we should silicon it.

Hi Reiki,

Hee.. thanks for checking. Now we're left with buying and nailing the trunking. After the Tv was mounted, we realised the distance is quite short. Think we only need less than a metre for it. Will share the pic if we successfully d.i.y. the area. :D

By the way, can I also check if your hob is silicon to your top? We are not sure if we should silicon it.

Do show the pic, Rasp. Hehe, I am already excited for you. :D

Don't think there's silicon around the hob. When I closely checked, it seems that the hob is just place on top but I do remember there's some kind of grip [screw] attached to the hob.

RinnaiHob.jpg

Do show the pic, Rasp. Hehe, I am already excited for you. :D

Don't think there's silicon around the hob. When I closely checked, it seems that the hob is just place on top but I do remember there's some kind of grip [screw] attached to the hob.

RinnaiHob.jpg

Good Morning Reiki,

Thanks for sharing the pic. hee.. just noticed that you also having the rinnai 2 inner flame hob. Our hob was installed yesterday by our contractor and hb. My poor hb cut one of his fingers while shifting it around cause the bottom is pretty sharp. You might want to take note of this if you need to move/clean it in future.

By the way, the two circle metal thingy just put on top of the black glass will do? :huh:

Good Morning Reiki,

Thanks for sharing the pic. hee.. just noticed that you also having the rinnai 2 inner flame hob. Our hob was installed yesterday by our contractor and hb. My poor hb cut one of his fingers while shifting it around cause the bottom is pretty sharp. You might want to take note of this if you need to move/clean it in future.

By the way, the two circle metal thingy just put on top of the black glass will do? :huh:

Thanks for highlighting.

Yup, you can just put the two circle metal thingy on top of the black glass. Manufacturer claimed it is Ceran Glass that supposed to stand up to the daily wear and tear.

This is for member BeeLeng. Sorry for the late reply.

The only way for us to have a spacious and a long vanity top for our MBR toilet is to extend it out. Making it an open concept takes 'gut' :rolleyes: Our ID tried to cater to our 'shyness' during renovation and had a panel fixed but it turned out ugly.

MBRToilet1forBlog.jpg

To minimise moisture and utilise full containment of the aircondition, we changed the toilet windows. You need to get a permit should you are changing your windows in toilets.

The aerial view of our MBR Toilet [split into 4 parts pictures]:

Vanity Area --- Inside Shower Area

FullView1A.jpgRacks1B.jpg

"Business" Area --- Recycle Wardrobe

TotoWCArea1A.jpgTotoWC1B.jpg