Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

seems like alot of people facing problems with starhub, i had called and checked that my point is ok for cable tv liao, so hopefully nothing goes wrong, when i apply for it, for me, i only want to apply cable tv as i still think the red sector broadband is definetly better....

hiak hiak... :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
still think the red sector broadband is definetly better....

No matter which color (red,green,orange) umbrella you are under. You are under BIG BROTHER's umbrella. hahaha...

got la.. but no top local talent at ping pong leh.. haha

Singapore VS Vietnam! Go Go Go!! :D

seems like alot of people facing problems with starhub, i had called and checked that my point is ok for cable tv liao, so hopefully nothing goes wrong, when i apply for it, for me, i only want to apply cable tv as i still think the red sector broadband is definetly better....

hiak hiak... :sport-smiley-004:

u apply cable tv.. sound gd... :notti: .. haha.. hintng* can save a lot of kopitiam $$...

No matter which color (red,green,orange) umbrella you are under. You are under BIG BROTHER's umbrella. hahaha...

Singapore VS Vietnam! Go Go Go!! :D

Spore?? (with half of the squad diff skins?) hmmm...

there was a mass activation on 22-Oct for the whole block........ He also mentioned that the person doing the mass activation was from HDB not Starhub, could be a cheena do it lor.

Smoke bombs, Take cover!

those guys doing the signal testing are from SH, not HDB and the cable infrastructure belongs entirely to SH. HDB doesn't have the authority to touch, not to mention perform the testing. Basically the guy will test the signal strength, if ok, will paste a sticker. They will give u a piece of report on the spot to tell u recorded signal strength. Maybe your case is someone shift the cable point and cut the wires :notti:

u apply cable tv.. sound gd... :notti: .. haha.. hintng* can save a lot of kopitiam $$...

Spore?? (with half of the squad diff skins?) hmmm...

hahaha,u r welcome to come and watch, or we can also go to kopitiam and la a kopi till cow come home lah...kekekeke :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by darcbleu

Smoke bombs, Take cover!

those guys doing the signal testing are from SH, not HDB and the cable infrastructure belongs entirely to SH. HDB doesn't have the authority to touch, not to mention perform the testing. Basically the guy will test the signal strength, if ok, will paste a sticker. They will give u a piece of report on the spot to tell u recorded signal strength. Maybe your case is someone shift the cable point and cut the wires :notti:

No leh, they din give us the report leh. The technical guy keeps saying its the HDB pple doing the testing leh. We did called up Jovi to check on this issue. And we gets kicked around like a ball. HDB say not their pple, its SH pple. SH say not their pple is subcontract to HDB contractor... Sian.

Our cable point only got shift one of it. The rest remains the same. The shifting was completed when they came up for the activation and testing. The SH also went downstairs to chekc on the signal strength. Came back and told us the same thing. The strength is very weak. As such, this should be the problem for the entire block. But one weird thing, is my neighbour still can watch the sports channel on the TV (believed to be from SCV lor).....

Edited by happyhouseowner

For those who are facing problems with their cable point signal strength, can write in David Storrie, Head, Integrated Network Engineering.

David is responsible for the day-to-day operations of StarHub's fixed, mobile and cable networks, and charts the division's strategic technology directions. He also heads International Carrier Relations and Domestic Wholesale services which focus on the provision of communications infrastructure, facilities and services with other carriers and service providers.

His email is either david_storrie@starhub.com or david_storrie@starhub.com.sg

hahaha,u r welcome to come and watch, or we can also go to kopitiam and la a kopi till cow come home lah...kekekeke :sport-smiley-003:

wow.. so on ah... haha.. just joking la... anyway thanks.. at least gt 1 on soccer kakis found..

my revised drawing.

Should be using this.

cant wait to c the real pics! :)

Edited by yokoyoko

Any idea where can I get those karang guni who can come up and see if they want some items I have in my old place? 1 is a rosewood altar and another is a solid teak wood cabinet which I seriously have no idea on how to dispose of even if the karang guni man doesn't want.

U can call the town council which manages the estate in which your old place is located.

The Town Council will provide a free-of-charge removal service for up to 3 items per month. Additional items to be removed will be charged at $5 per item.

Edited by DSA

Any idea where can I get those karang guni who can come up and see if they want some items I have in my old place? 1 is a rosewood altar and another is a solid teak wood cabinet which I seriously have no idea on how to dispose of even if the karang guni man doesn't want.

these woods can still fetch prices. post pic to sell in forum. Or look into your letterbox, there're pamplets of karang guni's number. I got my previous numbers this way, but no longer around. last method, give FOC away :notti:

Yah, called the karang guni contact I have but he dun want the rosewood altar and also he only wants cupboards with 2 doors.

Thing is, Town Council will come carry the stuff from my place to downstairs, right? But what about dismantling the stuff? I've got alot of things which are all rusty and perhaps take a bull to unscrew it, and also a Cellini display shelf which needs dismantling.. Does the Town Council help in dismantling as well?

Yah, called the karang guni contact I have but he dun want the rosewood altar and also he only wants cupboards with 2 doors.

Thing is, Town Council will come carry the stuff from my place to downstairs, right? But what about dismantling the stuff? I've got alot of things which are all rusty and perhaps take a bull to unscrew it, and also a Cellini display shelf which needs dismantling.. Does the Town Council help in dismantling as well?

If I never remember wrongly, I think there is a limit of only 2 or 3 items that Town Council will help to dispose for you to prevent people abusing them. You should call them to enquire.