Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi Daphn,

I also waited about 4 to 5 weeks to do cement screed. If you push faster, then it maybe 3 weeks. The reason for the contractor to do with such a delay is because they want to do as a batch with other units. Never the less it will be good if you can e-mail to the Technical officer who is incharge of out units together with the documenation of the application for cement screed. Just incase if they did not take note of your application. Just use the e-mail as a feedback to the HQ HDB. By the way, If you bang the table harder they can finish the job in 1 weeks. ( 1 day to lay the cement screed and 1 week for the cement screed to dry and they will level the flooring) Just ensure that your door is in good condition after they have lay it. Last time they splash some cement on my door and i have to ask then to clean them off.

A tot of advise, you need to push HDB (Technical Officer) faster if you want to start your renov faster.This group off people is different from Jovi team.

Ya it is so hard to contact him, i have been trying to call his extension today , he was not at the desk. Then i called the Branch office service, get the colleague to send sms to him to return my call since morning. Till now no calls from him at all lo. What u mean use the email as feedback to the HQ HDB?

anyway tHankz so much for the advice!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ya it is so hard to contact him, i have been trying to call his extension today , he was not at the desk.

anyway tHankz so much for the advice!

I went to the red building @ bedok interchange and tell them to help me push thru. Anyway things to note are

1) dun give them your house key. buy a temp lock and give them the key instead and

2) just screed the room that you want to parquet or laminate. those u want to tile, leave it as it is.

3) ask your own contractor to talk to them when they come regarding the leveling of the floor.

Hi i guess i'm probably the last one to collect keys for my Flat here.

Hi Daphn3, which is your block? I can add you to the family tree at post #1.

I manage to get my cement screeding done at a fast pace. You must be firm and strong both in speech and writing. If it is their delay/fault, dun give in.

Mr Woo Kok Seng - Technical Officer in charge.

Tel: 64247330

Email: wks2@hdb.gov.sg

Drop a email, leave a voice mail. If he dun reply... it cannot be your fault.. right :P

Hi Daphn3, which is your block? I can add you to the family tree at post #1.

I manage to get my cement screeding done at a fast pace. You must be firm and strong both in speech and writing. If it is their delay/fault, dun give in.

Mr Woo Kok Seng - Technical Officer in charge.

Tel: 64247330

Email: wks2@hdb.gov.sg

Drop a email, leave a voice mail. If he dun reply... it cannot be your fault.. right :P

I'm fr Blk 221A

I managed to get hold of him, he said he will try to call the jackson the guy doing the cement screed. I find it ridiculous that he need me to scan the application form to him lo, HDB HQ and branch office dun lias with them one. He didnt promise me any timing but i told him i want to shift in before CNY cause we are getting married.. Hope he is nice to expedite the process

I'm fr Blk 221A

I managed to get hold of him, he said he will try to call the jackson the guy doing the cement screed. I find it ridiculous that he need me to scan the application form to him lo, HDB HQ and branch office dun lias with them one. He didnt promise me any timing but i told him i want to shift in before CNY cause we are getting married.. Hope he is nice to expedite the process

It will be gd that a timeline is given. Tell them yr ID/contractor applied the reno permit and you need to move in asap due to sell hse or watever reasons u can think of.. if not they otot.. cement screeding can be done within a day... Bedok don have so much flat to screed until u need to wait for 1-2months..

Btw they will tend to dirty yr unit walls, doors and etc and might damage yr doors n etc.. please take note.. cos i exprienced before..

gd thing is free.. :)

It will be gd that a timeline is given. Tell them yr ID/contractor applied the reno permit and you need to move in asap due to sell hse or watever reasons u can think of.. if not they otot.. cement screeding can be done within a day... Bedok don have so much flat to screed until u need to wait for 1-2months..

Btw they will tend to dirty yr unit walls, doors and etc and might damage yr doors n etc.. please take note.. cos i exprienced before..

gd thing is free.. :)

For my case, the cement screeding is done by my ID. Your ID just need to get the free materials (cement, sand).

Haha.. good thing is NOT free ba.

:)

gt la... yr free Wm lo.. haha

For my case, the cement screeding is done by my ID. Your ID just need to get the free materials (cement, sand).

Yeah.. if ID/contractor can provide free screeding den it will be great!!

Err... I didn't try this before because I jumped at my ID for not informing me to apply for screeding earlier so they did it for me free.

Anyway, heard from my colleague that you can ask HDB for the contacts of the contractors doing the screeding and call them directly. My colleague asked the contractors when are they coming down and they said XX weeks later and asked her why, and she told them that she wanted to be around cos want to give them red packet for helping out. They came 3 days later. Am not too sure if this works not though.

Anyway, heard from my colleague that you can ask HDB for the contacts of the contractors doing the screeding and call them directly. My colleague asked the contractors when are they coming down and they said XX weeks later and asked her why, and she told them that she wanted to be around cos want to give them red packet for helping out. They came 3 days later. Am not too sure if this works not though.

wah! like that also can... keke... worth a try though. :P

I had a similar crap from SH as well. SH says cannot turn on for entire block coz haven't reached a certian level of occupancy. If want them to come activate, then need to pay XX$. They're not HDB, how would they know block haven't reached XX% occupancy. Then I shoot to HDB, HDB shoot to SH. Then both play ping pong then somehow my point gets activated eventually.

I encountered the same problem too. When Starhub came on last sat to install the Maxonline and the Cable TV for us, he actually tried to detect whether the signal is ok. To our surprise, we were informed that, no doubt the points were turned on, but the signal were very weak / no signal at all.

We had received a notice from Starhub that there was a mass activation on 22-Oct for the whole block and we are suppose to arrange for someone to be around otherwise charges will be imposed if we rescheduled for the activation. So we "followed the instructions" to have someone around during the time of activation. So we told the technical support guy that all the cable points in the house had been activated, yet we are told that due to weak or no signal, we can't install the Maxonline and the cableTV on 13-Dec. He mentioned that even though the points were turned on, the person did not check whether was there any signal in the unit and was supposed to correct this problem on the spot. That was a problem for the entire block not just our unit. This is so irresponsible of the person doing the activation! He also mentioned that the person doing the mass activation was from HDB not Starhub, could be a cheena do it lor. Not sure how true is it... Wasted everybody's time! The points were even labeled as ready for use! We had waited so long for the installation yet cannot use the service.

Fortunately, we had requested for the technical support for the installation. We will not know if there is a problem if we were to do the installation ourselves! We did a complain to both the HDB and Starhub since last weekend. They are coming to do the installtion on this evening again. See how it goes ba.

ping pong game between 2 gover sectors?... spore just won the table tennis grandpro tournament... guess wat.. by foreign talent(china) leh... think spore are really gd at it... :P

Edited by yokoyoko

gt la... yr free Wm lo.. haha

Free, that why not good. :(

I saw your label the other time. It is label using "STARHUB" label. So how can HDB push to Starhub? Anyway tell starhub simple! It their label and it their responsibility. Dun expect us HDB dweller to pay more for your crap service!

Similar problem i encountered

1 telecom bill me wrongly and try to offer me rebate to close case. I ask what happen - then got 2 story. 1st, she told me by right is like that loh. Out of good will, rebate for me. Told her i dun wan rebate, Black and white... then i pay that telecom lah! Then cannot produced, in the end told me again - it because of their system limitation. feel they are alway looking for a easy way out :(

I called so i got my rebate, how about many that doesn't know at all.

Responsible .... ok?

think spore are really gd at it... :P

Good at PingPong or good with China people? :)

I think singapore got alot of our own talent.....

Edited by big orange

Good at PingPong or good with China people? :)

I think singapore got alot of our own talent.....

got la.. but no top local talent at ping pong leh.. haha