1 Dog, 9 Cats & 2 Human Pets

hi frostyflake, your kitchen looks pretty good

do you foresee a storage problem?

love the textured wall at your dining area and MBR

is that wallpaper or some other thing?

and your MBR bathroom is :wub: :wub:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks apple for yr compliments!

For the kitchen, i want to keep the counter top and wall as clutter-free as possible, so i want to hide away all the cooking stuff like oil, soya sauce, spices etc.. i wanted a slim vertical pull-out where i can store those, and just need to pull out as and when i cook. But after discussing with my ID several times, we still couldn't come up with a design that can incorporate that in as he said there's no 'excess' space for it. He also mentioned the upper cabinet width and bottom cabinet width shd match if not not nice.. I'm like very vexed over it, so want to see u all hv any good suggestion?? :dunno:

ahahaha those 'textured walls' that u mention are actually......... CURTAINS! :rofl:

i like the MBR bathroom too, but there's gonna b some changes and become smaller.. becos i do a boxup of the pipes, which will occupy the basin space in the picture.. so the end result may not b as nice already :bangwall:

how about making the drawers smaller, those between the stove and the sink?

then you can fit a slim drawer there to put the condiments :notti:

the curtains are a BRILLIANT idea!!!

i wish i had thought about it before :dribble: :dribble:

bet your cats will be really happy playing hide-and-seek behind :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

The one I bought is not tempered glass, I was told tempered glass cannot be bent, but some say can :dunno: I also don't know who to believe. The clear 1 was seling at $399 measuring 120cm, tinted is $30 additional, but about 135cm.

for tables - no need tempered glass. normal glass is actually safer in the sense that you have enough time to SIAM when it cracks - tempered glass just "explode" without any warnings.

how about making the drawers smaller, those between the stove and the sink?

then you can fit a slim drawer there to put the condiments :notti:

the curtains are a BRILLIANT idea!!!

i wish i had thought about it before :dribble: :dribble:

bet your cats will be really happy playing hide-and-seek behind :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

yah! another problem is the space underneath the sink and stove (using LPG), like so wasted :( I'll miss using govt gas :D

regarding smaller drawers, is there a 'standard size' for those? I'm worried if i minimize any size or width, i'll have problem buying trays/baskets for it

for tables - no need tempered glass. normal glass is actually safer in the sense that you have enough time to SIAM when it cracks - tempered glass just "explode" without any warnings.

actually when i bought the table that time, i was only concern about the cost, the safety aspect didn't come to my mind at all.. but luckily u reassured me that for table it's better not to have tempered glass :dancingqueen:

but but tempered glass are actually stronger then normal glass. so the possibility of normal glass table breaking is higher then that if its tempered glass leh.

And hor.. normal glass breaks into shards.. got sharp edges..

tempered glass when it breaks it breaks into smaller oval pieces. wont hurt u that much.

You using gas cyclinders right? If so, then it would be hard to have space leftover underneath the stove. But sink area you screw the wall baskets on the behind of the doors or fit in a pull out basket.

You can recce out the baskets you have in mind and get the dimensions first then you can discuss with your id on how to fit in smaller drawers.

yah! another problem is the space underneath the sink and stove (using LPG), like so wasted :( I'll miss using govt gas :D

regarding smaller drawers, is there a 'standard size' for those? I'm worried if i minimize any size or width, i'll have problem buying trays/baskets for it

actually when i bought the table that time, i was only concern about the cost, the safety aspect didn't come to my mind at all.. but luckily u reassured me that for table it's better not to have tempered glass :dancingqueen:

don't think there are standard drawer size

i also just did my drawers according to my preference

the trays i think ikea got sell, got big got small :notti:

actually normal glass and tempered glass has the same strength

tempered glass is 'tempered' to withstand higher heat and break into smaller pieces nia

so it takes the same strength to break a normal glass and tempered glass :deal:

don't think there are standard drawer size

i also just did my drawers according to my preference

the trays i think ikea got sell, got big got small :notti:

actually normal glass and tempered glass has the same strength

tempered glass is 'tempered' to withstand higher heat and break into smaller pieces nia

so it takes the same strength to break a normal glass and tempered glass :deal:

isit! i always thot tempered glass was stronger. can withstand heat better, doesnt it mean its stronger? :dunno:

yar it breaks into smaller rounder pieces so it wont hurt people as easily as when a normal glass breaks.

hmm but nvrmind liao coz frostyflake already bought the table..

ahahaahaah i also donno about the glass really! but it's an interesting discussion!

all of my glass furniture all normal glass only, only staircase, kitchen, mbr bathroom door and balcony tempered glass. Keep my fingers cross we dun anyhow bang onto the glasses :notti:

well tempered glass is stronger when it comes to temperature

but it's not when it comes to impact :dunno:

yar maybe hehe i cant really remember much liao! all return to my lecturer. keke. well tempered or not as long as its still glass, must be more gentle with it :P

Doubt there are fixed sizes for drawers.

I got big ones, long (but height-wise lower) ones, small ones (standard ones), and lagi smaller ones. The lagi smaller ones are at the sides next to my sink concrete support. Because of the concrete column, the length of the drawers are smaller. But from outside, it's looks like standard sizes coz the outside piece of wood is made longer to cover the concrete support. :dancingqueen:

thanks apple n skywolf! have discussed with my ID, we'll just 'shift' the shelves inwards so it becomes smaller on the width, and i'll create an extra space for my pull-out for the condiments.

that's great

more countertop space, and convenience too

really can't wait for your place to be done up

then might get to see the beautiful cats :wub: :wub: