Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TroPIcaL

List Of Ids Who Are Cheap And Good

I see so many complaints from owners here who badmouth ID's and firms... I do agree with them that some of the ID's are actually irresponsible, unscrupulous, dishonest and cheaters. And there are some happy owners who sing prasies of their IDs.

But spare a thoought for those ID who actually put in hard work, sincerity, time and effort to bring customers who show their customers around to see their works... prepare 3D drawings which is not cheap to draw. Crack their heads to design your house, drive their customers around to see tiles before finalising on the quote. Stay up late discussion about the designs and layout... (PETROL IS NOT CHEAP YOU KNOW???)

BUT in the end, the customers just sms this to their IDs and say " Hi xxxxx, we have already decided on another ID to do our house. So we will not meet toml. Really sorry about that".

HELLO YOU REQUEST PEOPLE TO SEE THEIR PERSPECTIVE DESIGNS AND YOU SIMPLY WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME AND EFFORT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

Some even dont pick up the follow up calls, nor have they gotten back to their ID. Is it so hard to pick up the call?

I would say customers have alot of choices now to pick. Not about the designs, price and whether to click or not. Which i myself am a consumer, i would up to my feeling also to whether to engage your service. BUT DONT BE SO CRUEL TO US, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS ALSO!!! Dont go around interviewing 10 IDs for quotations and designs.

But to let you owners know our job is not that easy to serve you whole heartedly, our time is precious. And most important of all, DONT WASTE OUR TIME AND EFFORT. If you want cheap, go and be a contractor yourself and co-ordinate your own renovation at your own time.

If you want design, go learn from it on your own.

If you want to hear assurance stuff from a sales person whether anot they have any knowledge about ID. Go to your friends who are doing it, i bet they give the BEST ASSURANCES since they are your friends. Dont go to strangers and get awe by the shopfront designs and their prices. What for???

And to those annoying customers, there is a balance to everything. You have wasted other's, for you will be wasted also.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I see so many complaints from owners here who badmouth ID's and firms... I do agree with them that some of the ID's are actually irresponsible, unscrupulous, dishonest and cheaters. And there are some happy owners who sing prasies of their IDs.

But spare a thoought for those ID who actually put in hard work, sincerity, time and effort to bring customers who show their customers around to see their works... prepare 3D drawings which is not cheap to draw. Crack their heads to design your house, drive their customers around to see tiles before finalising on the quote. Stay up late discussion about the designs and layout... (PETROL IS NOT CHEAP YOU KNOW???)

BUT in the end, the customers just sms this to their IDs and say " Hi xxxxx, we have already decided on another ID to do our house. So we will not meet toml. Really sorry about that".

HELLO YOU REQUEST PEOPLE TO SEE THEIR PERSPECTIVE DESIGNS AND YOU SIMPLY WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME AND EFFORT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

Some even dont pick up the follow up calls, nor have they gotten back to their ID. Is it so hard to pick up the call?

I would say customers have alot of choices now to pick. Not about the designs, price and whether to click or not. Which i myself am a consumer, i would up to my feeling also to whether to engage your service. BUT DONT BE SO CRUEL TO US, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS ALSO!!! Dont go around interviewing 10 IDs for quotations and designs.

But to let you owners know our job is not that easy to serve you whole heartedly, our time is precious. And most important of all, DONT WASTE OUR TIME AND EFFORT. If you want cheap, go and be a contractor yourself and co-ordinate your own renovation at your own time.

If you want to hear assurance stuff from a sales person whether anot they have any knowledge about ID. Go to your friends who are doing it, i bet they give the BEST ASSURANCES since they are your friends. Dont go to strangers and get awe by the shopfront designs and their prices. What for???

And to those annoying customers, there is a balance to everything. You have wasted other's, for you will be wasted also.

Hi,

I do agree that some owners are wasting the IDs time but then there are also IDs who is not serious in their job and is cheating on the owners and trying to earn as much (one-time) from the owner and provide a bad after sales services or even no sales services. Yeah i myself do appreciate IDs who sincerely prepare drawings and drive owners around to look for tiles but so far I never ever come across this kind of ID. Usually I came across one is prepare quotes and that's it. Ask them for a proposed design also difficult. Furthermore the quote is more of a template n not prepared according to the customer's request. So therefore there are pros and cons of IDs side as well as owners side. If ID can give assurance to owner, u think the owner will play the ID out? If the ID is good, he/she wont be rejected by customers and definitely the happy owners will recommend their friends to him/her.

Hi,

I do agree that some owners are wasting the IDs time but then there are also IDs who is not serious in their job and is cheating on the owners and trying to earn as much (one-time) from the owner and provide a bad after sales services or even no sales services. Yeah i myself do appreciate IDs who sincerely prepare drawings and drive owners around to look for tiles but so far I never ever come across this kind of ID. Usually I came across one is prepare quotes and that's it. Ask them for a proposed design also difficult. Furthermore the quote is more of a template n not prepared according to the customer's request. So therefore there are pros and cons of IDs side as well as owners side. If ID can give assurance to owner, u think the owner will play the ID out? If the ID is good, he/she wont be rejected by customers and definitely the happy owners will recommend their friends to him/her.

hi guys,

well, there are 2 perspectives to look at;

as a consumer, i will sure want to have the best deal in town, nobody want to be a robert for sure. therefore, of coz will have to hunt around for good deal. with influences from family, friends & forum postings, expectation tend to rasie and go wild. to us, the magic word is CHEAP & GOOD.

as a id or contractor, getting new business with profit is basically what they want. in the business world is very straight forward, once they screwed thing up, their repution will be at state, via versa. with the reference from family, friends and forum postings, it can easily to identify who are the good one and who are the bad one.

as for "wasting time" issue or whoever is taking advantage on whoever, it is very subjective. in chinese we alway say: 1 plam can't make a clap, which mean both partied must agreed to the event else the event will not be happened. therefore, no party should be blamed as there are not forced to do what they have did. so, whoever is not willing to accept the event, then just reject it. but if die die want to accept it then dun complaint. that simple.

Edited by bigmoney

Hi Tropical,

Well read from ur posting u might be an ID. I can feel the feeling of serving some unconsiderate customers. BUT there is the BEAUTY part of front line, u definitely will meet all kind of ppls coming in. :notti:

Well I agreed customers want everything cheap & good including me, however at the mean time they forget to respect the others profession and started all kind of abuse in the forum just because they think they got the right to criticize every ID. I had seen one forumer who had been to 16th ID and that poor ID whose happen to be the No. 17th kenna bombard so badly in this forum (eg.Quoting she nvr use her brain and said she would be an insult to all ID in Spore.) :( I really don’t think any ID should deserve such comment cos they are only in the mid of sourcing quotation just unfair to that ID as she havent start doing the job, actually I am thinking that forumer budget could be $100k? :sport-smiley-004: End of the day I think is her blessing not to sign with this difficult customer cos they will only COMPLAIN & COMPLAIN non-stop. :sport-smiley-004:

Bro don’t give up so easily ur hard work will pay off one day. :sport-smiley-003:Wasting time is better than nobody to waste ur time. Cherish all opportunity that come along and build up ur reputation. :yamseng:

...HELLO YOU REQUEST PEOPLE TO SEE THEIR PERSPECTIVE DESIGNS AND YOU SIMPLY WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME AND EFFORT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

Some even dont pick up the follow up calls, nor have they gotten back to their ID. Is it so hard to pick up the call? ...

wow, so much anger in this thread, true true a significant number of us, including myself have bad mouth many IDs, but we only speak hw we really feel towards a service, and there is freedom of speech in forum right?

in every job, ur bound to meet some difficult customers as for the perspective drawing, u can change change a bit and use it to present to ur next client also mah?

regarding follow up calls, meself also had missed a number of calls frm various IDs and i didnt call back. but i tot any service providers should knw enough not to hang on to just 1 single customer - not true?

it is true that every ID we choose, we hav take this 'risk and be 'responsible' for wat we get, since we are the ones 'who asked for it' (their service).

why not think of it this way: maybe the customer that you lost is a blessing in disguise for urself? coz he/she could be very hard to please/serve.

it is disturbing to knw there are these kind of ppl who has taken up a lot of their ID's time and in the end didnt even respond to their follow up calls, did it ever occur to u, they might be fake customers/ even ur competitors? (just like we have a lot of fake forummers in here as well, btw, u know who u r)

everyone of us here has had their fair share of bad luck, just shrugg it off and move on bah.

HAHA SO TRUE

seriously if u owners wish to see more than just standard space planning go look for an id who really have too much time on hand, else pay for a design fee to see image board, perspective, 3d drawings etc.

do u all know how **** busy we are

just imagine we have to run sites in the morning, by the time reach office very late, then still have to draw new floorplans type new quote, detail drawing, site planning, meet clients choose materials, buy this buy that, speak to contractors, phones call come in and out and alot of other stuff

for the past 2 weeks i been staying in office till the wee mornings

u know how it can be ******* ****** is it when we still have to meet those irriating clients or cocky or typical or watever clients.

[Phantom : Profanities Excluded]

Edited by Phantom

Sorry but I think you guys look the wrong way.

So far from all the IDs i met, we only talked about 2d layout and qoute. anything beyond involve payment/confirmation.

Also instead of blaming owner go find 10 IDs and wasting their time, why not think more opportunity to IDs to win more projects ? :P

As an ID , I supposed you have passion for creativity and enjoy talking to people. IF you hate to meet customer, hate to draw alot .. then high chance you are not even a good ID.

Although we did garner some ideas through meeting up with various IDs, it is mainly verbal and based on floor plan. Anything beyond floor plan, will have to incur charges. Only one ID company offer to do 3D drawings on our 2nd meeting but that is because the ID company is one of our final shortlisted companies. And we appreciated that.

Before deciding on who to engage, we have emailed for quotation from at least 10 ID firms. We dun do renovation often, as newbies, we need to source for a number of quotation in order to ascertain what is considered a fair quotation. For each ID firm that reverted, we also make an effort to go down to their office to meet them and discuss their quotation and reno idea. During the meetup, we assessed the ID for his creativity, professionalism and most importantly attitude/character. Cause we are looking for someone we can trust.

For many of the IDs out there, the renovation of our homes is perhaps just another job/project out of the many which they are dealing everyday. But for many of us, the home owners, the renovation is a single BIG thing as it concerns our first home. I applaude to all the IDs who are as enthusiastic and passionate as their clients over their home renovation.

As home owners, we wanted the best for our homes but we have limited resources and knowledge. As such, careful selection of ID firms and research on the renovation process/materials became very important. The presence of this forum allows exchanges of experience and knowledge which have made our life much easier.

Bro don’t give up so easily ur hard work will pay off one day. :sport-smiley-003:Wasting time is better than nobody to waste ur time. Cherish all opportunity that come along and build up ur reputation. :yamseng:

:good::dancingqueen::good:

HAHA SO TRUE

seriously if u owners wish to see more than just standard space planning go look for an id who really have too much time on hand, else pay for a design fee to see image board, perspective, 3d drawings etc.

do u all know how **** busy we are

just imagine we have to run sites in the morning, by the time reach office very late, then still have to draw new floorplans type new quote, detail drawing, site planning, meet clients choose materials, buy this buy that, speak to contractors, phones call come in and out and alot of other stuff

for the past 2 weeks i been staying in office till the wee mornings

u know how it can be f**king sh*tty is it when we still have to meet those irriating clients or cocky or typical or watever clients.

Pls do share which ID firm you work for so I make it a point not to waste my time or money setting foot in your set-up. What a poor service attitude. You think your customers owe you a living? reno is highly competitive. It's a big ticket item in terms of investment. Customers have a right to explore and choose who the want to spend their dollar on. If you are not interested in the business many other IDs are hungry for it. I know a few IDs who are willing to do color 3D drawing, quotations etc wihout obligation. Obviously these are ID who have skills to pay the bill.

If you want office hour work, go get a 9-6pm job at the office, stay away from services.

Don't be so dramatic. Comes with the territory. If you can't deal with it then change career. You expect people to sign up with you without you putting in time and effort? Someone's gonna blow 30-50K without expecting to see 'life' projects, drawings etc?

Pls dun look down on contractors. Some IDs I have met can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Most design ideas anyway in mags, forums etc. Nothing special. Pls come down from your high horse.

Folks. Please exercise restrain. If this continues. I will have to close this thread.

The forum is meant for sharing information. Please considered yourselves warned.

Maybe Tropical just needs to ventilate on a bad day. At any rate there aren't many easy jobs out there today so let's live and let live. Willing parties willing deal.

At any rate there aren't many easy jobs out there today so let's live and let live.

Everyone in their own position might feel that their job is the toughest job around.

The grass is never greener on the other side.

The lack of people complaining about their jobs doesn't mean that everyone else has it easy.

Its ok for ppl to release a little stress sometimes. Just don't make it into a witchhunt.

As mentioned above, seem like it is not right for home owners go around asking for quotes.

If ask quote from a ID, die die must engaged him to renovation. Am i right to say this

1)Tell me, who will only go to one agency and book for holiday?

Of course pple will shop around and look at their itenary right?

2)Or when you go shopping for jeans or cloths, of course you will shop around right?

Chicken and egg issue. Nobody is right or wrong.

Anyway, just move on and I am sure, at the end of the day, both parties will be happy.

Cheers!!!

As mentioned above, seem like it is not right for home owners go around asking for quotes.

If ask quote from a ID, die die must engaged him to renovation. Am i right to say this