Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zeegi

D&d's T Blog

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wah hacking has begun! Your house layout really nice but you hacking everything? the toilet tiles look a little old.. mm

Ya the toilet is very old already.. window is rusty and door frame has totally corroded that you can see the inside of the frame. The kitchen entrance is spoilt- can't slide properly, kitchen sink and toilet bowls are leaking. Didn't spot all these until the house was handed over but it doesnt matter since i'm doing a over-haul.

Ya the toilet is very old already.. window is rusty and door frame has totally corroded that you can see the inside of the frame. The kitchen entrance is spoilt- can't slide properly, kitchen sink and toilet bowls are leaking. Didn't spot all these until the house was handed over but it doesnt matter since i'm doing a over-haul.

The hacking works shd be completed by now rite. What are the works u intend to do? Any 3D drawings to look at??? :dribble:

The hacking works shd be completed by now rite. What are the works u intend to do? Any 3D drawings to look at??? :dribble:

Yup today went to see and hacking all done. My ID say my house cement is thicker than the standard 50mm so they had a hard time drilling it. :disturb: 3D drawings not ready yet cos i always change my layout and was rushing him to start ASAP so drawing probably out next wk or so.

Oh i doing not much stuff due to budget constraint... I'm laying whole house with homogeneous tiles, cabinets for kitchen, wardrobe for MBR, toilets, air con, main gate, and the typical electrical and plumbing works.

Yup today went to see and hacking all done. My ID say my house cement is thicker than the standard 50mm so they had a hard time drilling it. :disturb: 3D drawings not ready yet cos i always change my layout and was rushing him to start ASAP so drawing probably out next wk or so.

Oh i doing not much stuff due to budget constraint... I'm laying whole house with homogeneous tiles, cabinets for kitchen, wardrobe for MBR, toilets, air con, main gate, and the typical electrical and plumbing works.

hehe I also waiting to oogle at 3D pictures. :P

Wah I think I'm doing all the same things as you except the MBR wardrobe and air con :P

Coooll

hehe I also waiting to oogle at 3D pictures. :P

Wah I think I'm doing all the same things as you except the MBR wardrobe and air con :P

Coooll

Oh so you're reusing the existing aircon? I saw your move-in date is x-mas which is only 1mth later cool :good:

Some pictures of the hacking works done last week... tiling already started this week but i'm abit lagging on the photos..

MBR:

3052537025_dd6fb9ff9e.jpg

Study Room:

3053370392_7bd737de42.jpg

Kitchen.. looking good :notti: :

3052535923_ae8b3eecbf.jpg

Balcony... looks even better woohoo!

3052535291_cca5d3df97.jpg

More pictures!

My ID says that the concrete is thicker than the standard 50mm HDB requirements so it took them slightly longer to hack everything away...

3053364686_fd945a4d26.jpg

Bye bye veri veri OLD room doors :good:

3048214812_b531164f4f.jpg

Sand going up up and away... :disturb:

3052534067_0e64bf8c63.jpg

View from main door.. the workers already clean up the hacking mess after a couple a days. Nice! :good:

3052531085_c4db855b42.jpg

Oh so you're reusing the existing aircon? I saw your move-in date is x-mas which is only 1mth later cool :good:

Yup cos the air con units are quite new.. and my family don't turn on the air con. so we didn't see any point in changing them

Wah tiling liao... so fast... how I wish I can be so fast also... *envious*

Good for u!since ur place is located at central,come 2010 there is a mega mall over there!!!sure will appreciate the house value!!!! :notti:

Rondy: Ya i'm so excited about the mall! :dancingqueen: No need to go Bishan to watch movie.. and in future it's just 5min from my new home yeah! I hope the mall as cold storage... currently Serangoon Ctrl already got NTUC and Shop & Save....

Baguana: Thanks! :yamseng:

Some updates on my home... last checked yesterday and the tiling is 90% completed except for the grouting for the living and a bedroom. I must say I'm very pleased with the tiling workmanship.. very smooth despite numerous warnings that homogenous tiles warp quite a bit.. so I told my ID to help me thanks his tilers.

Selection of tiles style:

I told me ID i didn't want the mosiac and the 'feature wall' type of design and want something cosy. Black and dark colours are a No No! I showed him a few pictures from living etc:

3085883285_ca407eb03d.jpg

3085883183_639cb705f1.jpg

These are the tiles selected (colours abit inaccurate due to lighting):

MBR Toilet:

3086715314_6ce27c8768.jpg

Common toilet:

3085876505_296fa42e95.jpg

Living & Kitchen (Kitchen tiles are rectangular with faint greyish stripes):

3086715050_aec5ee684c.jpg

Ya got it from Livingetc.com. I like their stuff there but our HDB flats are too small to copy the ideas... but at least get some good inspiration :good:

My common and MBR toilet have the same consistant layout:

3086330405_07e8d7f7a7.jpg

And here is the result:

Common toilet (will take better pics in the day time next time):

3071151752_e2b96f8a62.jpg

MBR toilet:

Toilet entrance shifted to the left to give my hubby a bigger shower area

3085773063_303f519ff3.jpg

My 90cm wide shower area:

3086609734_6503660a98.jpg

White power coated windows:

3085773567_f9e5746750.jpg

Stay tune for more... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Zeegi,

it's my turn to visit your blog... Very good selection of colours! hope to see more pics! I also same ID as you...

And here is the result:

Common toilet (will take better pics in the day time next time):

3071151752_e2b96f8a62.jpg

MBR toilet:

Toilet entrance shifted to the left to give my hubby a bigger shower area

3085773063_303f519ff3.jpg

Stay tune for more... :sport-smiley-004:

A consistent layout is nice... just a change of pattern tiles... :) Good choice!

More photos!!