Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zeegi

D&d's T Blog

wow your kitchen really looks spacious and plastered walls really look good!!

Why the person at MGL like that??? mm but at least they tell you directly.. better than if they tell you they can do and they delay... that'll be worse...

Hope to see nice nice pictures of your curtains!! :)

pinkpetter: Actually i only plaster the groove lines in between the walls... if i plaster whole walls it'll cost me a bomb at least 2k ar! :jawdrop:

Sigh the MGL really make me so pek chek loh... purposely make a trip there then they say this type of things.. 8|

I choose very simple curtains only due to budget constraint.. living rooms wan made from Europe while the bedrooms all from Korea *cheap cheap wan* :dunno: will post pics once it's ready :)

Esther_ng: my kitchen is the size of my MBR so it's really big but it eat up into my MBR and study room space though... but still ok i guess :D

wow your kitchen really looks spacious and plastered walls really look good!!

Why the person at MGL like that??? mm but at least they tell you directly.. better than if they tell you they can do and they delay... that'll be worse...

Hope to see nice nice pictures of your curtains!! :)

pinkpetter: Actually i only plaster the groove lines in between the walls... if i plaster whole walls it'll cost me a bomb at least 2k ar! :jawdrop:

Sigh the MGL really make me so pek chek loh... purposely make a trip there then they say this type of things.. 8|

I choose very simple curtains only due to budget constraint.. living rooms wan made from Europe while the bedrooms all from Korea *cheap cheap wan* :dunno: will post pics once it's ready :)

Esther_ng: my kitchen is the size of my MBR so it's really big but it eat up into my MBR and study room space though... but still ok i guess :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I was looking around for curtains and after read sooo many positive reviews on MGL curtains, I went down and was TOTALLY disappointed by their zero service! 8|

so sorry to read about your negative experience. The first time I went, I found the sales consultant May's attitude a bit brusque, so I ddn't commit to anything; when I went back 1 week later becos they offered the best price & they had a fabric I liked, May was v friendly & helpful, and she even remembered our earlier discussion. And I'm not even getting all the window dressing in my 4 room flat done by them.

I think they must be very stressed out rushing orders.

so sorry to read about your negative experience. The first time I went, I found the sales consultant May's attitude a bit brusque, so I ddn't commit to anything; when I went back 1 week later becos they offered the best price & they had a fabric I liked, May was v friendly & helpful, and she even remembered our earlier discussion. And I'm not even getting all the window dressing in my 4 room flat done by them.

I think they must be very stressed out rushing orders.

My ID recommended May to me too.. I think it's just an unfortunate experience for me =( But anyway give some other curtain shops a chance also good :)

Hi!how much did they quote u for the curtain overall?

do u have a break down cost?

did u do roller blind? :unsure:

Sorry I don't have a breakdown... maybe because i did the normal day & night curtains (full length) for the whole house. So i didn't do roller or roman blinds as I'm afraid that the pully mechanism will spoil easily and roman blinds are more expensive & difficult to maintain too.

My living curtains are $26psf (i think) and is from europe. The rest of the night curtains are from Korea so it's cheaper. My day curtains also simple and cheap ones. Total cost $1750, including installation, track and hooks.

The guy also very nice... he told me he ran out of stock of the original day curtains so let brought down other sample for me to choose which cost slightly more but looks nicer hee hee :notti:

sigh i'm sssooooo happy with my beautiful home! Darren's workers rushed to complete some minor works on friday night til 9pm+ (hope neighbours never complain..) and finished cleaning today!

Then he brought 2 couples to see my home and I bumped into the 2nd couple while I was bringing my barang barang to the house... extremely happy that my home is good enough for people to see :dancingqueen:

Monday is delivery of furniture and Tue is moving in day! Curtains arriving either on Tue/ Wed :sport-smiley-004:

Only sian thing is that my Lorenzo sofa is delayed til mid Feb due to constraint in time.. but they're giving us a temporary sofa first so i guess it's still alright.

I'll put up pictures of my home soon.. so stay tune for the before and after pictures!

ps: I'm really enjoying looking at my home! It's really dream come true :yamseng:

erms.. at least mgl bothered to tell u they are unable to commit for ur proj, rather than to pretend they can, n can't produce work later. guess it's cny, dey're all msian, so probably closed.

anyway my experience with them was pretty good. as i was trying to qualify for some credit card promotion, i paid in full before dey make a visit to my place to do de measurements. but becos my bedroom laminate floorings were not laid yet, dey came down another time to do measurements for bedroom.

n another time to install when everything is completed. very good service in fact even after i paid =)

Haha.. yeah so true about being such a happy moment that our homes are "worthy" of positive comments and viewing by other house owners who are going to also renovate :yamseng:

Then he brought 2 couples to see my home and I bumped into the 2nd couple while I was bringing my barang barang to the house... extremely happy that my home is good enough for people to see :dancingqueen:

ps: I'm really enjoying looking at my home! It's really dream come true :yamseng:

My house is 90% completed yipee!! :sport-smiley-004: and my ID manage to let us move in before CNY... but defects to be done after CNY. My furniture have also all come in except for my permanent sofa.. Lorenza loan me a temporary new sofa because they couldn't make mine on time. 8|

Pictures time! (of my empty house) :dancingqueen:

Foyer:

Before :

3221952347_d4df709c78.jpg

After:

3216808837_e4f631ffd5.jpg

Brown leather lamintae with brown tinted mirror shoe cabinet & seatee

3217662068_ca92a6c266.jpg

Close up on brown tinted mirrors:

3216809641_86ef7d8ec0.jpg

New wrought iron gate with some wooden blocks for design & foyer light:

3217661188_fcdb5264d7.jpg

Living room before:

2678647769_6b072636d9.jpg

2678647769_6b072636d9.jpg

Living room after:

3217668024_9fc4ec662f.jpg

* the light on the ceiling is 1m x 1m and is very bright yet cosy as we're using warm white bulb

Mini Balcony Before:

3042408195_2a90a78d71.jpg

Mini balcony After:

3216815695_32e6ce050e.jpg

Balcony windows are 'blurry' so that people can't look into our house. Balcony pipe is also boxed up. :good:

Dining area After (didn't take before)

and a glimpse of my solid veneer door with stainless steel strip though not very clear cos it's a night shot... :dunno:

and my simple dining light while i lurrvv :D

and my sliding kitchen door *my ultimate favourite!* :sport-smiley-004:

3217670510_91fb8362d2.jpg

WAH SAY! the foyer SUPER NICE!!!!! I love your doors and bench and the laminates on the shoe cabinet!!

wah your response is lightening speed man! More to come... :)

Master bedroom before:

3043242724_a723a77c8f.jpg

Master bedroom after... cupboard same concept as foyer cupboard but is a rose metallic laminate:

3216811059_da1a1cda8a.jpg

Close up of my cosy light (with dimmer switch) so save $$ on bedside lamp:

3216810591_9676a68f63.jpg

My 6 door casement wardrobe with internal lighting using T5:

3217667602_ca093db177.jpg

The light is hidden at the back of the wardrobe, colour used is daylight white.

3216814287_f0e2d34064.jpg

Oh and you will notice a tempered glass shelf and some loose wires.. it's a false wall for me to hang my future TV (if someone can sponsor!! :notti: )

MBR toilet Before:

3043255914_f45410f62d.jpg

3042415189_a3ca376b57.jpg

MBR toilet After: (look at the mirror for the rain shower, shelving and white power coated windows & PD door)

3217666696_be4cf52e65.jpg

Very shiok rain shower.. :bath:

3216811907_e4a27f4ce1.jpg

3217664430_fec864e9fd.jpg

I use stainless steel pipes for all piping, including the piping below the sink for a more sleek look :good:

3216813321_e1cc8749d8.jpg

And my favourite part of the house... the kitchen!

Before:

3042411367_505a8d7bcf.jpg

3043787870_1e3f578568.jpg

2678647909_1cf737a4c9.jpg

New kitchen:

3217671372_4a7ef970df.jpg

*** the tiles i selected for the kitchen and living is blending so that it feels spacious

3216821023_d58a906065.jpg

*** originally suppose to have 2 ceiling mounted lights but the light at back can't be installed on ceiling else no place hang clothes. Luckily it can be wall mounted so this is how it looks...

3216819695_500c2f582e.jpg

3216821379_6be68a5ac8.jpg

*** all glass are tempered for safety reasons

Close up on the kitchen laminate colour... i fell instantly in lurv with it once i saw it!

:dribble:

3217674440_18546c1825.jpg

*** 180 degrees turn basket for the L-shape kitchen. Solid surface is by Montelli (same brand as corian) and only costs $80 psft :good:

3217672732_24d800ab1c.jpg

*** all drawers and cupboards come with anti-slam hinges *courtesy of my ID* :sport-smiley-018: & he also help me buy the 180-degree basket.

Kitchen toilet Before:

3042409777_1d59ee29de.jpg

3042407059_0136f5390d.jpg

Kitchen toilet After:

3216816133_a6140d973b.jpg

3217669226_ebe63e1bdf.jpg

Storage heater:

3217669656_c55be1f163.jpg

WAH I KNow why your kitchen is your favourite! SUPER NICE! and I really have to agree that the sliding door fits perfectly.

Wish can see your furniture too!

Study room (Before);

3043245502_922a1fa7e3.jpg

Study room After (painted baby blue walls.. nothing else done):

3217662892_5bdc9f1649.jpg

Ok that's all for now. Will take pictures of my fully furnished house after CNY... in the mean time

:yamseng: GONG XI FA CAI! :yamseng:

MBR toilet After: (look at the mirror for the rain shower, shelving and white power coated windows & PD door)

3217666696_be4cf52e65.jpg

I use stainless steel pipes for all piping, including the piping below the sink for a more sleek look :good:

3216813321_e1cc8749d8.jpg

Woo....where you got your taps & Basins?

whoa nice place! I like the leather laminate you use for your shoe cabinet. I've gotten a quote from Sky (Plush Living). Is it convenient to share with me your quote? Wanna make a comparison if possible.

My experience with Sky so far is pleasant. He is nice and service is good so far. However, i am still awaiting other quotes to come back before I decide who to appoint.