Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ya i understand he is straight forward...i hv no doubts in his design oso.

but juz feel that sometimes beside design,we must oso consider the future. i mean i hv 4 rooms and will be hacking away 1.so left with 3 rooms. one will be the study room,the other will reserved for my FIL when he back in spore and the other room is the master. so was thinking tat maybe next time got kids study can convert into children's room.

so i told him that i'm not going to hack the room. but yet he told me not to think so far n insisted on his design. i believe w/o hacking, an id should oso hv no problem coming up with a gd design. so kind of unhappy lah. but anyway i've already got an id n he manage to design a 10 ft WIW in my master w/o hacking.

jus sharing my thoughts here... anyway for those who starting their reno, gd luck n enjoy the process. hope tat we can hv our drean hse soon. :bangwall:

hi just wanna share my experience with intra...we hv actually look for angeline think about 1 mth ago but bcos she goin to give birth so we look for dave instead.during my meet up with him, everything went smoothly but when we talk bout the master bedroom,he suggested that it will b better to hack another room to make it bigger. but i told him i dun wish to do tat as i wan the other common rm for study n maybe when we hv children we will need to convert it to my childrens room. but he said that i will surely regret if i dun hack. n ask me not to plan for wat children room when i'm not having one now. i told him i'm not reali into his idea of hacking n he actually told me i hv no say. !!

i was like thinking huh tats my home n i hv no say? i mean he shld take note of my concerns but not pushing his ideas.

as for angeline, i feel that she's okay. as i cal her before approaching dave, she even make an effort to cal me before she give birth, telling me that soon she'll be on maternity leave.

anyway jus here to share my experience with them.

Hi Gingerbread82

The reason why we enage ID is because they are able to give us ideas and advices. Through their years of experience on renovations, they are able to tell us what is good and which are the things that are not recommendable as they do not wish to see us regret at a later stage. Ultimately, the final decision is still on us.

Dave is a very straightforward, comfortable and "know what he is doing" kind of guy. He is probably giving you his ideas through his experience from his other customers.

I have hacked one of the walls to combine the 2 rooms into 1, so that i can accommodate a WIW and the room looks so much spacious. This is also one of his ideas and I am glad that he did.

!!

Hi gingerbread82,

in the end, u defn are the biggest person coz u are paying the bills ma !! i'm sure he also knows that and didn't mean to put that point across with any other meaning.

I agree with weekeong, his pattern is like that one and maybe for some it takes a bit of getting used to !! If it helps, you can just be equally direct with him and tell him what you are thinking...so far i've been doing that with him and i feel i really like his straightforwardness.

I'm a bit kiasu one so i'm always disturbing him almost everyday with emails, smses and phonecalls...but he is ALWAYS contactable, very responsive and patient to handle all my issues. i like it when he challenges my ideas becoz thats wat i hired him for ma...his expertise and experience.

just sharing my thoughts, wish u all the best!

ya , ppl who talk and know dave, know his pattern is like that one ... A typical designer... but i can see he is confident about himself

hi just wanna share my experience with intra...we hv actually look for angeline think about 1 mth ago but bcos she goin to give birth so we look for dave instead.during my meet up with him, everything went smoothly but when we talk bout the master bedroom,he suggested that it will b better to hack another room to make it bigger. but i told him i dun wish to do tat as i wan the other common rm for study n maybe when we hv children we will need to convert it to my childrens room. but he said that i will surely regret if i dun hack. n ask me not to plan for wat children room when i'm not having one now. i told him i'm not reali into his idea of hacking n he actually told me i hv no say. :bangwall:

i was like thinking huh tats my home n i hv no say? i mean he shld take note of my concerns but not pushing his ideas.

as for angeline, i feel that she's okay. as i cal her before approaching dave, she even make an effort to cal me before she give birth, telling me that soon she'll be on maternity leave.

Hi gingerbread82,

in the end, u defn are the biggest person coz u are paying the bills ma :bangwall: i'm sure he also knows that and didn't mean to put that point across with any other meaning.

I agree with weekeong, his pattern is like that one and maybe for some it takes a bit of getting used to :~ If it helps, you can just be equally direct with him and tell him what you are thinking...so far i've been doing that with him and i feel i really like his straightforwardness.

I'm a bit kiasu one so i'm always disturbing him almost everyday with emails, smses and phonecalls...but he is ALWAYS contactable, very responsive and patient to handle all my issues. i like it when he challenges my ideas becoz thats wat i hired him for ma...his expertise and experience.

just sharing my thoughts, wish u all the best!

Edited by Sharpion

hi just wanna share my experience with intra...we hv actually look for angeline think about 1 mth ago but bcos she goin to give birth so we look for dave instead.during my meet up with him, everything went smoothly but when we talk bout the master bedroom,he suggested that it will b better to hack another room to make it bigger. but i told him i dun wish to do tat as i wan the other common rm for study n maybe when we hv children we will need to convert it to my childrens room. but he said that i will surely regret if i dun hack. n ask me not to plan for wat children room when i'm not having one now. i told him i'm not reali into his idea of hacking n he actually told me i hv no say. :bangwall:

Hi gingerbread82,

well dave is this kind of pattern wan.... he onli will suggest ideas that suit best to the reno and design, but of cos u have the final say to hack or not.... he hack one of my common rm connecting to mrb for a WIW, and turn the hacked rm into a AV rm, and the result is really wat i wanted....

to be frank, he is a very direct kind of ppl, but sure is a trust worthy kind of ppl... my exp with him is gd... thumbs up...

Hi Hi... I have not contributed to this site for a while. At last my long awaited reno going to start next tue. My experience with Dave so far has been good. He is a pretty straight guy and sometime very direct with his comment but I think he is defintely an honest chap. Can't wait to see the result of his work.

hi just wanna share my experience with intra...we hv actually look for angeline think about 1 mth ago but bcos she goin to give birth so we look for dave instead.during my meet up with him, everything went smoothly but when we talk bout the master bedroom,he suggested that it will b better to hack another room to make it bigger. but i told him i dun wish to do tat as i wan the other common rm for study n maybe when we hv children we will need to convert it to my childrens room. but he said that i will surely regret if i dun hack. n ask me not to plan for wat children room when i'm not having one now. i told him i'm not reali into his idea of hacking n he actually told me i hv no say. :notti:

i think that its impossible to have zero problems during reno. If nothing major, can count ourselves lucky.We went through renos a few times already and so far our experience with intra has been the most trouble free. Although prices are market rate to the high side, we felt that it was worth it for peace of mind :D

And, if angeline reads this... Congrats on ur baby boy! Won't sms you since you are on confinement now. :bleah:

Hi all,

my hand-over by intradesign will be next week! so happy. Do give them a chance to speak to u lor. their team is actually a very bz team. I actually asked my id at the point of doing my reno, how many other projects is he handling at the moment and he told me he alone is handling 6. So, i guess their business must be quite gd!:dancingqueen: indeed their quote is on the high side, but they gave me lots of freebies, so i think the price will be "comparable" to other designer firms in the long run. Generally, the entire process was rather smooth with small hiccups along the way, but i thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. another thing is he does not charge me extra if i wanted to add a shelf or two and gave me a cabinet for the rubbish chute area with sold top free... he he

Hi Silver88

Just found out that Dave is on reservist for 2 weeks! And i think he will only be back to office next week. It could be this reason that he is not able to follow up on the quotations.

And I do agreed with Jule that he may be very busy as he also need to take care of Angeline's projects since she is on maternity now.

Why not give him a call or drop him a sms instead ? Dont think you should give up like that. :(

OK . If he is on reservist , ok.... Give him chance ...

Hmm... I felt he should follow up loh ... at least with the quote ... just feel he may not interested in my deal.

Hi Silver88

Just found out that Dave is on reservist for 2 weeks! And i think he will only be back to office next week. It could be this reason that he is not able to follow up on the quotations.

And I do agreed with Jule that he may be very busy as he also need to take care of Angeline's projects since she is on maternity now.

Why not give him a call or drop him a sms instead ? Dont think you should give up like that. :thumbs up: