Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have enaged INTRA for renovating my flat and I must say that I'm really very satisfied with her service :) . The communication has been very comfortable and relaxing. My flat is currently in the midst of renovation and so far so good, hassle free :notti: The renovation process is very smooth, I m really impressed and feel very assured to find a responsible ID especially I m working and do not have much time to monitor the reno process during weekdays.

Really looking forward for the completion. Thanks to Glady :(

Hee.. I usually sleep on it and call her up the next morning :P

Thanks :P Will certainly invite u to visit when my carpentry is up. Now the first round of paint works has finished.

sure... lookin forward to see your house design...

btw dun get furniture from home2be.. madness, service very very poor, the deliver guy send my parent bedframe and knock onto my passageway box up area, it chip off a big piece.. They still argue with my wife say is not cause by them... they say no chip off piece found on the floor, but was found underneath the bedframe... my wife was alone in the hse, so she scare and ask them to leave immediately.. i was so mad, i demand a compensate from home2be..

Normal lor.. sometime I change my mind or think of something just a hour after confirm something with Dave.. alway kanna scolding from him... hehehe.... but he is ok la.. Hope your reno will be a smooth one....

I can understand the worry and uncertain feeling... My hse had completed.. got time can visit mi or dun mind i go up visit your house... :good:

Hee.. I usually sleep on it and call her up the next morning !!

Thanks :P Will certainly invite u to visit when my carpentry is up. Now the first round of paint works has finished.

Hmm.. don't know if it's right time to share this now.. we are halfway thru our reno... all the tiles are done, and only left laminate flooring for the bedrooms. Carpentry has been confirmed and laminate, paint colors all chosen. Intra is very efficient in their work I gotta say. We confirm our carpentry, laminate, paint all in 2 hours and work is already under progress...

However, I don't feel very at ease as often my ID seems to suggest a certain range and when I ask for other variations, she tries to talk us back into using her choice. I don't know is it me being a difficult customer.. but I think we have been quite accomodating in the selections made, usually following her choices in the end. But sometimes I still call back next day to inform change of mind on some items, and she's been accomodating most of the time, but in some cases, work has been done and cannot be changed.

As much as I wish to leave everything in the ID's hands.. Im worried the end result do not turn out to be what I want.. by then too late to redo ? Maybe Intra past clients can share with me how to deal with this....

Hi Jule

I sort of agree with you on this. She will recommend the "safe" choices and will disuade you from choosing things she didn't use before or new. For us, most of the time we will follow her advice. HOWEVER, remeber that ultimately its your house, so sometimes you just have to tell her what you want. Just tell her you Must want it this way. Do consider her feedback though esp if it concerns durability, maintanence etc but no need to follow her way everytime.

And No, you are not very troublesome. Me and my wife change this and change dat even after we confirm. Like I mentioned the other time, do try to schedule MORE MEETINGS with her to allow yourself more time to decide. if not unsually on the very same meeting she will want a decision.

Overall me and my wife are quite happy with their work. Minor gripes but nothing major. Their carpentry workmanship is good.

ps:even now after handover I am still changing/adding things. Just called her today to check about plastering a wall... !!

mitevo:

i stay at blk 268 - near central there. have been staying in Tamp for the past 5 years already and i really love the place. we also considered sengkang but no extra grant. my aircon also not installed yet, think they are waiting for carpentry to be completely done first...u are at the most sian part, nothing to do but explore furnishings la. u got do ur curtain/blinds yet? dun underestimate that one hor. also ur basin becareful whether u need special adapter or whether need tall tap to fit...

hi Sharpion,

thks for your great advice bro, curtain pre-arranged with the help of Dave :notti: basin tap all matched and hv bought.. :) onli thing waiting for vanity to be up, then the basin shall sit on it...

I was a tampines residence from 1988 to 2002. n from 2002 till now, current house is also sengkang(anchorvale), b moving to sengkang also(compassvale) ..ha ha

Im not asking to change design, so far overall still satisfied with the designs and Im alright with the carpentry designs too. It's just the final touches like colours and laminates. She's been accomodating and patient in some ways and I appreciate it. I often change my mind on some details the next day after going home to think over it. I hope it's normal ?

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Will be going to see the painted walls tomorrow and am also looking forward to seeing the carpentry 2 weeks later

Normal lor.. sometime I change my mind or think of something just a hour after confirm something with Dave.. alway kanna scolding from him... hehehe.... but he is ok la.. Hope your reno will be a smooth one....

I can understand the worry and uncertain feeling... My hse had completed.. got time can visit mi or dun mind i go up visit your house... :thumbs up:

Im not asking to change design, so far overall still satisfied with the designs and Im alright with the carpentry designs too. It's just the final touches like colours and laminates. She's been accomodating and patient in some ways and I appreciate it. I often change my mind on some details the next day after going home to think over it. I hope it's normal ?

Will be going to see the painted walls tomorrow and am also looking forward to seeing the carpentry 2 weeks later

jule:

haha, its normal la - i change my mind every time also - the trick is, try to not to decide straight away and say i'll go with this first BUT i confirm 2morrow k. seeing the carpentry is very exciting, i tink the most boring part is the 2 weeks from confirmation of carpentry to installation. i'll be going to my house everyday from now to see how they install :unsure:

scrumpee:

go to their website: http://www.intradesign.com.sg/contact.htm

mitevo:

i stay at blk 268 - near central there. have been staying in Tamp for the past 5 years already and i really love the place. we also considered sengkang but no extra grant. my aircon also not installed yet, think they are waiting for carpentry to be completely done first...u are at the most sian part, nothing to do but explore furnishings la. u got do ur curtain/blinds yet? dun underestimate that one hor. also ur basin becareful whether u need special adapter or whether need tall tap to fit...

I initially feel that too, i very worry too, so i went down everyday to check and anything that i feel is not right, i report to Dave immediately. He alway tell me, the house is mine, i am staying inside not him, so he alway tell me to choose something that you like. reno is very subjective, i think you have to communicate with her often.

btw i choose my paint colour first, then laminate colour. Dave ask to go hm think of the colour that i like, i choose a few colour with my wife and he select two colour from my choice and tell mi it will be nice. i take his advice, once the house paint up, i know what laminate colour to use liao with his advice, i had hard time at intra, struggling with laminate colour but Dave very very patient with mi and my wife, he help use alot in choosing colours, but personally feeling, do something you like .. hehehe... i think too long winded liao...

I think you better talk to her, when i confirm my carpentry, Dave say cannot change liao...

Some little modification can be done, but change of design i think is impossibe..

Edited by jule

mitevo:

currently we are installing the carpentry in our place, they half finished yesterday - its quite scary coz everything is coming together and all the choices we had to make with colours etc will be seen now. so far, very happy with what we have. everything should be finished by next week - so now we'll be furnishing up the place la...curtains, sofa etc. which all haven't buy yet.

sharpion,

good news for you bro, yours be completing soon.. :good: guess mine be 2-3 weeks after your completion.. :yamseng: tell me more leh next time if completed...ha ha ...

For me, now is like 'cooling off' period...

Current state: waiting for carpentry installation scheduling (maybe after yours bah.. ;) ).

Aircon: not fully installed yet, only done with piping few weeks ago.

Both toilet: pending vanity top, basin, glass, tap, 1 rain shower...etc to go..

have fun :notti: , fyi previously i stayed in Tampines blk 871 before.... :P where ur location (which street) btw? i have been a 'Tampinesrean' from 1988 to 2002....a 'Sengkangrean' 2002 to 200_==>>>>

I initially feel that too, i very worry too, so i went down everyday to check and anything that i feel is not right, i report to Dave immediately. He alway tell me, the house is mine, i am staying inside not him, so he alway tell me to choose something that you like. reno is very subjective, i think you have to communicate with her often.

btw i choose my paint colour first, then laminate colour. Dave ask to go hm think of the colour that i like, i choose a few colour with my wife and he select two colour from my choice and tell mi it will be nice. i take his advice, once the house paint up, i know what laminate colour to use liao with his advice, i had hard time at intra, struggling with laminate colour but Dave very very patient with mi and my wife, he help use alot in choosing colours, but personally feeling, do something you like .. hehehe... i think too long winded liao...

I think you better talk to her, when i confirm my carpentry, Dave say cannot change liao...

Some little modification can be done, but change of design i think is impossibe..

i agree, communication is very very important. when you hire an ID, you definitely want some level of consultation on design etc. but you also have your own taste and preference for what you like too. the best is a balance between what you like and what he/she advises.

when we started, our balance was like 70% us and 30% dave...then after listening to him, i find his ideas always work out better than ours so now it become 10% us and 90% dave haha. i think its becoz he know our taste well enough and understand what we like/don't like so he can select for us better...also on our part, we really trust his design and taste so we are not worried.

jule, talk more with her more, im sure things will be ok la :)

some things cannot change is normal and fair as long as they tell u in advance. but no matter wat, always just be truthful and say ur true feelings if u dun like (even if cannot change) coz they might have other ideas to help.

mitevo:

currently we are installing the carpentry in our place, they half finished yesterday - its quite scary coz everything is coming together and all the choices we had to make with colours etc will be seen now. so far, very happy with what we have. everything should be finished by next week - so now we'll be furnishing up the place la...curtains, sofa etc. which all haven't buy yet.

Hmm.. don't know if it's right time to share this now.. we are halfway thru our reno... all the tiles are done, and only left laminate flooring for the bedrooms. Carpentry has been confirmed and laminate, paint colors all chosen. Intra is very efficient in their work I gotta say. We confirm our carpentry, laminate, paint all in 2 hours and work is already under progress...

However, I don't feel very at ease as often my ID seems to suggest a certain range and when I ask for other variations, she tries to talk us back into using her choice. I don't know is it me being a difficult customer.. but I think we have been quite accomodating in the selections made, usually following her choices in the end. But sometimes I still call back next day to inform change of mind on some items, and she's been accomodating most of the time, but in some cases, work has been done and cannot be changed.

As much as I wish to leave everything in the ID's hands.. Im worried the end result do not turn out to be what I want.. by then too late to redo ? Maybe Intra past clients can share with me how to deal with this....