Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

got pic but dunno how to put leh, maybe newbie dun have the facility to do so?

:notti: my speed faster n leg longer than u bah... ha ha ha 8|

btw r u staying at compassvale as well.. :notti:

u can upload your pic at http://imageshack.us/

den just paste the direct url of your pic or use that insert pic button in the forum.

i ur neighbour leh... u 9th floor i 6th floor...but i haben reno

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
how abt showing us some pics of your reno? 5 mins meh.. i tried walking that time..took me abt 8 mins :notti:

got pic but dunno how to put leh, maybe newbie dun have the facility to do so?

:notti: my speed faster n leg longer than u bah... ha ha ha 8|

btw r u staying at compassvale as well.. :notti:

Edited by mitevo2007

hi sharpion,

how's your reno, got update boh ;) ?

some update from me, since end last week 6th nov, painting done as well as parquet floorings for master, WIW area & 2nd bedrm then left for settling down for parquet :P . as today 13th nov, even more things were done...some lightings, 2x toilet bowl, 1x rain shower (common toilet), storage heater, more to come... i guess carpentry is the toughest part of all reno. day after day more and more progressive work being done, really hope to move in soon so that i will be 5mins distance away from compass point..ha ha !!

For us & his client to hope, wait and see, but for Dave, busy, busy, busy, and backaching for him :notti: ...he dun seem to be at rest even in the evening cos when some alternative design thoughts come to his mind :notti: , he will not hesitate to call me n discuss...salute to him :bow:

Cheers....

how abt showing us some pics of your reno? 5 mins meh.. i tried walking that time..took me abt 8 mins :notti:

so far im very happy with Dave also, things are not only going smoothly but we are having quite a lot of fun as well...as someone from a similar line, i can really see the good fundamentals he has in this business...i suppose thats why he (and intra in general) is so popular. Dave went the extra way and helped me in stuff even outside his scope which saved me a lot of money...not going to say wat here wait he scold me :bow:

workmanship wise, can't really comment now coz i haven't seen finished stuff yet esp carpentry. so far so good :~

good luck to you too mitevo2007 (love the car too), anything not happy with him, we can complain to each other haha.

hi sharpion,

how's your reno, got update boh :good: ?

some update from me, since end last week 6th nov, painting done as well as parquet floorings for master, WIW area & 2nd bedrm then left for settling down for parquet :bow: . as today 13th nov, even more things were done...some lightings, 2x toilet bowl, 1x rain shower (common toilet), storage heater, more to come... i guess carpentry is the toughest part of all reno. day after day more and more progressive work being done, really hope to move in soon so that i will be 5mins distance away from compass point..ha ha :P

For us & his client to hope, wait and see, but for Dave, busy, busy, busy, and backaching for him :notti: ...he dun seem to be at rest even in the evening cos when some alternative design thoughts come to his mind :notti: , he will not hesitate to call me n discuss...salute to him :notti:

Cheers....

Edited by mitevo2007

hello everybody

finally found a place to move out. Reno work is starting tomorrow. Yes TOMORROW. It is going to b a exciting 6 weeks.

Gotto start a blog....

Hi,

welcome abroad.....have fun.... cheers

hello everybody

finally found a place to move out. Reno work is starting tomorrow. Yes TOMORROW. It is going to b a exciting 6 weeks.

Gotto start a blog....

Congrats!

hello everybody

Gotto start a blog....

though i personally feel what you written is a bit unfair, i thank you for sharing your views as this can help everyone learn more. as yours is a 2nd hand account, i fear you yourself may not know the full story or why even your friend decided to tell you things in a certain way. this is between you and your friend and will not benefit everyone here to continue talking about it.

hope my following thoughts are more helpful:

costing is a very subjective thing and its a bit unfair to just focus on it without any mention of quality. there is much more to any reno project than just cost - my wife and i don't believe in paying for things that are 'cheap and good' but rather we believe in paying what is fair for a quality standard we desire. i urge all of you not just to judge on a number but also on what you are getting. this is so that you do not misjudge those companies who really give u quality and service.

honestly when i chose intra, i already knew that their price isn't the cheapest out there but what we wanted was quality and not just low cost. we wanted creativity, initiative, reliability, good understanding of our needs, sound HONEST advice, superior workmanship, and if possible, a very nice experience.

so far, dave/intra has met all our needs and even exceeded them.

if anyone wants more detail as to the quality of intra, just let me know and i'll show you so you can see for yourself :)

hi Sharpion,

i fully agree with the costing factors :( as you've mentioned :( .. yes, in renovation, design and quality stands firmly on top of everything and renovation is all about a long term commitment and investment. If a GOOD designer can provide quality service (and uncondition initiative), with slightly higher price compare to others, WHY NOT! :dunno: Paying for what worth is rather than paying what we will regret later. I guess we both share the same 'injustice feel' when we stumble upon this defaming message by 'asiaxpat' as well as many of Dave's clients. FACTS will speak louder than words, ALL Intra customers can jolly well justify it all :good: .

Now my flat is waiting to have it's 'cosmetic' fixtures up...really can't wait to see :)

Cheers.........enjoy your weekend...

heard from a friend who used dave as their designer few yrs ago told me their price very expensive .. :yamseng:

initial price quoted a certain amount in lump sum, then when talk about

carpentry (normally make full payment) he just told my friend due to extra carpentry and added this & that hence need to pay more. :D But then again without details ask them to pay extra 20k more. (wonder how pple know what they paying for and how much is that particular item. How you guys justified?) :dunno:

He even told them that he already help them by not taking certain costs into the quotation, and he also help my friend do this & that for free, i think is just pure sales tactics. (Guess he told all his customers this! :good: ) Say no hidden cost? Of cos, cause all of that are already in your quotation.

All our friends told my friend most probably all those 'free' things already accounted for in the quotation. (which i personally think it's true! :( )

Wonder if you guys have same encounter?

Just my piece of advise to all.. beware of such sales tactics.. ;)

make sure you're being charge accordingly. :yamseng:

though i personally feel what you written is a bit unfair, i thank you for sharing your views as this can help everyone learn more. as yours is a 2nd hand account, i fear you yourself may not know the full story or why even your friend decided to tell you things in a certain way. this is between you and your friend and will not benefit everyone here to continue talking about it.

hope my following thoughts are more helpful:

costing is a very subjective thing and its a bit unfair to just focus on it without any mention of quality. there is much more to any reno project than just cost - my wife and i don't believe in paying for things that are 'cheap and good' but rather we believe in paying what is fair for a quality standard we desire. i urge all of you not just to judge on a number but also on what you are getting. this is so that you do not misjudge those companies who really give u quality and service.

honestly when i chose intra, i already knew that their price isn't the cheapest out there but what we wanted was quality and not just low cost. we wanted creativity, initiative, reliability, good understanding of our needs, sound HONEST advice, superior workmanship, and if possible, a very nice experience.

so far, dave/intra has met all our needs and even exceeded them.

if anyone wants more detail as to the quality of intra, just let me know and i'll show you so you can see for yourself :)

heard from a friend who used dave as their designer few yrs ago told me their price very expensive .. :P

carpentry (normally make full payment) he just told my friend due to extra carpentry and added this & that hence need to pay more. :notti: But then again without details ask them to pay extra 20k more. (wonder how pple know what they paying for and how much is that particular item. How you guys justified?) :(

He even told them that he already help them by not taking certain costs into the quotation, and he also help my friend do this & that for free, i think is just pure sales tactics. (Guess he told all his customers this! :jawdrop: ) Say no hidden cost? Of cos, cause all of that are already in your quotation.

All our friends told my friend most probably all those 'free' things already accounted for in the quotation. (which i personally think it's true! :help: )

Just my piece of advise to all.. beware of such sales tactics.. :curse:

make sure you're being charge accordingly. :(

For those engaged dave before will definitely know his style ! Don't think such things will happen to any of his customer. Misunderstanding?

So far the most little hiccups here and there, but so far so good for me.

Btw 20k seems alot leh, maybe your friend install gold tap? lolz..

heard from a friend who used dave as their designer few yrs ago told me their price very expensive .. :(

carpentry (normally make full payment) he just told my friend due to extra carpentry and added this & that hence need to pay more. :help: But then again without details ask them to pay extra 20k more. (wonder how pple know what they paying for and how much is that particular item. How you guys justified?) :P

He even told them that he already help them by not taking certain costs into the quotation, and he also help my friend do this & that for free, i think is just pure sales tactics. (Guess he told all his customers this! :curse: ) Say no hidden cost? Of cos, cause all of that are already in your quotation.

All our friends told my friend most probably all those 'free' things already accounted for in the quotation. (which i personally think it's true! :( )

Just my piece of advise to all.. beware of such sales tactics.. ;)

make sure you're being charge accordingly. :jawdrop:

hi asiaxpat,

i dunno where you coming from, it doesn't seem like the way you described here or have you mistaken another designer firm instead of INTRA???:( Is this the right TOPIC we are discussing here now? I dunno about the past you may have with your designer, but by reading and gaining feedback history about INTRA in this forum this have not been as bad as you have described. Our experience with Dave-INTRA so far is hassle free. His initiative and design rendered to most out here has proven much more than words can say.

Personally my wife and i don't agree with you as well as with like minded people out here. If what you have said is true enough, i will be the FIRST to 'sing bad' about INTRA, but if not pls dun make any negative comments here and stir things among us all.

Cheers....be happy...life isn't that bad afterall... :notti:

so far im very happy with Dave also, things are not only going smoothly but we are having quite a lot of fun as well...as someone from a similar line, i can really see the good fundamentals he has in this business...i suppose thats why he (and intra in general) is so popular. Dave went the extra way and helped me in stuff even outside his scope which saved me a lot of money...not going to say wat here wait he scold me :dancingqueen:

workmanship wise, can't really comment now coz i haven't seen finished stuff yet esp carpentry. so far so good !!

good luck to you too mitevo2007 (love the car too), anything not happy with him, we can complain to each other haha.

hi sharpion,

thks, glad we in the same 'boat' enjoying the nice senery....btw me just finished discussion on carpentry recently, prob start in another week... looking forward to see how it'b like.. :dunno::sport-smiley-004:

Thanks mitevo2007, i check thru alot of forums like Singaporebrides etc. All Rave abt your ID Dave Chan..

Enjoy the process and do update us on the progress! :wub:

so far im very happy with Dave also, things are not only going smoothly but we are having quite a lot of fun as well...as someone from a similar line, i can really see the good fundamentals he has in this business...i suppose thats why he (and intra in general) is so popular. Dave went the extra way and helped me in stuff even outside his scope which saved me a lot of money...not going to say wat here wait he scold me :wub:

workmanship wise, can't really comment now coz i haven't seen finished stuff yet esp carpentry. so far so good ;)

hi ssgg02,

it's been a month since reno started...really glad that we have engaged INTRA :curse: . we dunno about other designer style of work (having seen 7 of them in 2 months), but just appreciate so far that INTRA is very dynamic in design :bangwall: , even those little thoughts in detail are nicely done :bangwall: .

ours need more time as many hacking and overlaying...guess may end in another months time bah.. :curse:

Thanks mitevo2007, i check thru alot of forums like Singaporebrides etc. All Rave abt your ID Dave Chan..

Enjoy the process and do update us on the progress! :furious:

Edited by ssgg02

but so far how you find their workman ship wor

hi, workmanship so far so good and at times delighted by some detail things they did which i think is very thoughtful.... ;) can't wait to see the fully done up of my new love nest...cheers