Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pebsb

Big Pipe in Balcony & Beam in LR

as for the aircon piping, managed to find a solution for the routing

heh heh... 8|

hi, think our unit layout is similar

can share what solution you have?

the aircon piping to going to go round my MBR, major headache !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just curious about the beam in the LR....

if there are 2 beams and ur living space is in between, couldnt the ceiling space be treated, like false ceiling, designed to concealed the beam, and define the liv space?..hmm..

and..yeah...overzealous engineers..always over designing our structures..:rolleyes:

hahha

m.

I've 2 big headaches

1) A big vertical pipe in my balcony (at left corner besides the window). I'm intending to hack away the balcony door provided by HDB (big ugly heavy black frame sliding doors). But that would mean the big pipe is exposted! I was contemplating boxing it up. A friend mentioned that there may be issues of pipe leaking (from upstairs) & boxing may not be advisable.... What should I do?

2) A very high 40cm horizontal beam running across the middle of my living & dining room. Was intending to put my sofa there but realize very uncomfy to sit below a beam. May have to resort putting my TV there instd (no watching tv from dining area :P Anyone's hse is like this too?

3) This is not a problem..but like to seek your advice. I wld like to hang a ratten basket/swing. It is hung from the ceiling. Not sure if this can be done? In older HDB flats, they have an existing hook (for baby sarong), but new flats dont have...

just curious about the beam in the LR....

if there are 2 beams and ur living space is in between, couldnt the ceiling space be treated, like false ceiling, designed to concealed the beam, and define the liv space?..hmm..

Unfortunately if you're living in HDB, there is a limit as to how 'low' your false ceiling can be. I had the same problem as well so instead of trying to hide it, I used the beams to partition the areas using different designs of the false ceiling and different lighting setup.

That's interesting. What is the restriction on the height of the false ceiling? More to the point, what is the rationale?

Probably some estimation on the maximum height of Singaporeans + lights / ceiling fan. My guess is that for resale HDB, the flats are 'as-is' condition, so in the event that you sell the flat, at least they guarantee that the 'tallest' person can live in it without changing anything.

me have big pipe at balcony too. most likely we're (and by we, i mean me) painting it with some patterns

me also have the big pipe

i have removed the balcony door and level up the floor

dun think will do anything to it coz the more we do, the more attention we draw to the piping !!

so now we are thinking of how to draw attention away from it

me also have the big pipe

i have removed the balcony door and level up the floor

dun think will do anything to it coz the more we do, the more attention we draw to the piping !!

so now we are thinking of how to draw attention away from it

The vertical pipe can box up, but just make sure got door opening to access the pipe if needed.

As for the aircon pipe, maybe can post a copy of your floor plan here, do draw dotted lines to show the top horizontal structure beam. Maybe some of us here can help think of a better way to run your trucking.