Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cantona7

Singapore Olympic Medal-proud?

They don have gong lao oso have gu lao ma.. not easy to get to the world stage even if they are hunted by spore when they were young.. training is tough leh.. quite please with their achievement though i think Li jia wei played badly individually(haven seen her won yet)..

btw USA n other countries also gt a lot of FT playing for them oso..

even if they don stay loyal or don recongise spore as their country in their heart.. its not our prob.. as long as the spore garment likes it.. wat can we say... lolz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I really do not have conflicting feelings for this, simply because I believe it takes alot to give up one's citizenship just to get a break in our ambition.

Li JW and her gang cannot say, oh we achieve my objective liao, we want to give up Singapore's citizenship and go back to China. China is not going to take them back just like that! This is citizenship we are talking about, not bank savings accounts that you can open/close at your whim and fancy.

Thus by virtue of that, the trio had given tremendous commitment towards our island, and we should cut them some slack, although whether they are 'Singaporean' enough or not remains debatable.

And if we are going into the issue of 'how Singaporean are you', we are spiraling into an endless black hole, debating on people from those who left Singapore at a tender age with parents but still keep the passport, to those who had to go overseas to take care of relatives, to people who are still here but hate the country, or even those who know next to nothing about Singapore because they are mentally-impaired, etc.

Are we going to have a citizenship test for everyone to determine how 'Singaporean' we are, and thus defining if we deserve to compete for the country? And what will the test be, how much do you know about the history, what colours do you wear, where are our tourist spots, etc?

In short, let's not make things too complicated. Singapore citizenship = Singaporeans. Just like you and me.

Maybe her recognition will only be accepted on the day she turns into ah mah and her grand children root here 48 years later. The press sure stated, singapore needed a cyce of 48 Years to win a medal in the Olympic. The first is from TLH and the second is LJW teams....

Anyone is following closely on the news abt TT Assoc President Lee Bee Wah?

Initially, she told the press she was sacking the TT team manager & the coach might have to leave too. Now it seems that she denies everything she says previously :o

Initially, she told the press she was sacking the TT team manager & the coach might have to leave too. Now it seems that she denies everything she says previously :o

I only know she just step on board less than 2 months.. :sport-smiley-004:

FT sacking FT

FT sacking FT

Internal dispute, conflicts among singaporean har? So FT is FT, Singaporean is Singapore, no grey area of FT also Singaporean and Singaporean is an FT? :dunno:

I would rather feel more proud if our own para-olympians won a medal. :good:

Really pity them, put in double effort to train and bring glory to our nation but instead, cash prize incentive is much lower and no much recognise by the sports association also. :bangwall: