Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Hi Pet,

Don't worry, I think the money you spent on the tickets won't go to waste cos' you can always change the dates. The pandemic is really unexpected and caught everyone by surprise. I've read that some airline companies are allowing people to cancel for free (think SIA's one of them). Airlines are already suffering from the downturn, don't think it makes sense for them to piss their customers off by being inflexible - Long term damage for them in terms of PR.

Think just give it some time and hopefully, the situation will improve. I think compared to SARS, most countries are better prepared this time. Medical science always prevails. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey Adrian! Thanks for the note. I do feel better today after all the consolation from you guys and from my bf who called from China to cheer me up. ;) I guess what you say it's right. I think the possibility of getting things postponed will be quite high :) Will update tomorrow! :)

yes.. and the speed at which it is spreading at... is quite scary. And I think lots of people are paranoid cos I see long queues at the clinics. haiz I wonder if taking a flu jab will help. mm

aiyo... dun cry already ok? Its a minor upset but better to stay cautious than to take the risk. I understand what u meant when u needed the long-overdue break. I'm feeling very drained also, but still cannot go anywhere yet! :(

Take the flu jab 1st, its always better to be vaccinated. I understand from the doctor when i took mine, that it does not prevent u from catching the bug, but makes the effect milder.. even for common flu. Anyway, was reading the papers yday and realised that common flu also got tag = H3N2. :unsure:

mm Wrote it out in my blog and was crying again but now I do feel better. It's like a release. I guess I was really looking forward to it.

When did you get your jab? How long is it effective for? This flu thing is scaring me a bit. mm

The thing I understand about flu jabs is that they actually inject the bacteria that causes the flu into your body for your body's immune system to react and build up its strength in countering the flu bug. It has different effects on different people. Bearing in mind that the particular strain of flu bacteria will be in your body, some people actually do fall sick for a couple of days. But its nothing adverse or that the flu jab didn't work, just the body's immune system responding to the influx of bacteria and building up the necessary resistance and growing anti-bodies so that the bacteria won't have an impact the next time round).

I've taken flu jabs before, the first time I took it, I feel sick with high fever and inflamation for 3 days. But the second time it was alright.

mm That's what I understand about flu jabs... in fact most vaccinations are something like that. But as of now I'm so tired I don't even have the energy to drag myself to the doctor. mmm

ya, its sort of like what adrian mentioned. So there's this numbing sore feeling in the arm for a couple of days, apart from that both of us were fine, thou the doctor warned we may end up with slight fever. I got my flu jab in a clinic near gongkia's old place. Funny thing is, we were waiting for Ah soon for the quotation then, and he went MIA. So while waiting n nothing else to do, we just went into the clinic n both of us took the jab.

Funny story... so gimme some face.. laugh a bit ok? Dun cry anymore liao... :P

heh *smiling* don't worry I think I'm ok. Anyway these few days too busy with work to think of anything else.

I do hope Uncle submitted everything for me properly though. :P

Thanks for the description on the jab. Might take it over the long weekend... :)

Edited by pinkpetter

Hi Pet,

ask you about wall decals. I ask for Decorette to quote and also Lush affairs. Realised it is DIY. Is it difficult to do up yourself? And the words one.... tough or not.

and how would you describe the material of the decal? is it like Vinyl? PVC or plastic. Just curious

thanks!

Edited by Smallboy

Hi Pet,

ask you about wall decals. I ask for Decorette to quote and also Lush affairs. Realised it is DIY. Is it difficult to do up yourself? And the words one.... tough or not.

and how would you describe the material of the decal? is it like Vinyl? PVC or plastic. Just curious

thanks!

Yup DIY! :) I'm so lucky I have my dad to put up... cos he's the fussy fussy meticulous sort.

But later on when I watched my sis put up her own, it wasn't difficult too. :) it's really quite easy.

The material ah?... very thin vinyl. If you smooth it on well it looks like it's part of the wall. :)

rdnest... sadly.. NooooOoO...now I'm waiting for HDB and CPF to slowly process... technically i have not even bought the place. URGHHHH

aiyo... property mkt still hot bah, too BZ liao :P

my fren oso sian, ah soon uncle dun want to quote him. intro him other contact.

biz too good liao, dun even wan to quote :P

I told my fren he no luck lah, miss the great deal :P

My turn to have woes....

Uncle told me that he submitted the plans and he really did.. I checked with HDB but my technical officer said she hadn't received.. Then I checked with Uncle again he said he did... then I called HDB again and they said didn't...

IN THE END... My HDB technical officer did me a favour, she checked with another dept. Uncle submitted to the normal reno dept... so that's why she didn't receive! :P

The letter didn't state where and who to submit to so I couldn't tell Uncle also... so after such a big mixup in the end, it was submitted to the wrong place.. Then my officer was very nice. She called Uncle and explained to him that the plan must be submitted to her and told him exactly what was appear on it...

Now... I have to wait for the plans to be submitted to the right person again. SIGH.

Pet, uncle must have been really busy to get all these mixed up! Hopefully this time round it'll go to the right place and chop chop approval for u :)