Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
richman

Is My Quotation Ok? Got Better Recommendations?

Pls feel free to comments. Thanks

Masonry Works

Supply & lay (60x60)cm polish homogeneous floor tiles c/w skirting ****/dining. $2,640.00

Supply & lay (60x60)cm polish homogeneous floor tiles c/w skirting at household shelter. $250.00

Apply waterproofing membrane at kitchen flooring. $100.00

Supply & lay (30x30)cm homogeneous floor tiles at kitchen. $650.00

Construct cement mortar base for kitchen cabinet c/w tiles skirting. $150.00

Construct cement mortar base c/w tiles finish for fridge & washing machine. $180.00

Plumbing Works

Supply & install outlet pipe for sink & washing machine. $60.00

Provide labour to install sink & tap at kitchen. $80.00

Electrical Works

Provide labour to replace 1no of light fitting @ $10.00 each. TBA

Painting Works

Supply & labour to paint whole unit using ICI Dulux/Nippon. $1,200.00

Flooring Works - (Smooth rendering of flooring will be carry out by HDB contractor)

Supply & lay Supreme laminate flooring c/w skirting at 3 bed rms. $1,800.00

Carpentry Works

Kitchen

Design & install laminate finish c/w ABS trimming door kitchen cabinet. (App.L9.5ft) $1,045.00

Misc Works

Haulage & debris removal services. $650.00

General cleaning for whole unit. $180.00

Supply & install solid surface kitchen worktop. (App.L9.5ft) $760.00

Supply & install day & night curtain ****/dining. $920.00

Supply & install roller blind at 3 bed rms. $1,640.00

Sub total for pg 1 $12,305.00

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dunno your unit size so aga aga say what i can see ah.hope it helps in your decisions. :D

Masonry Works:

can't say much as dunno floor size and tiles range u are able to select. but can save $ by not tiling the HHS. hardly walk in there anyway.

Plumbing:

market rate ba i think.

Electrical Works:

Good price! labour doesnt come any cheaper liao ba.

Painting Works:

need confirm them if pipes/door frames etc inclusive or not. can use all-in-one paints bo? job description too vague.not in your favor.

Flooring Works:

normal ba,usually per rm about $600.

Carpentry Works

slightly ex abit. i think.usually about $90/ft i think.

Misc Works :

Roller binds too ex le.outsource your curtains and binds better i think. 2.5k outside can get some really good stuff le. if use ikea binds for all 3 rooms,will cost around 1k cheaper ba.

No hacking fee inside or it is include.. in page 2 ???

Flooring Works.

The original skirting no need to be removed. How come no hacking fee inside.. is it included the $1800 for 3 bedrooms to remove the skirting.

Your electrical points and switched lei

Agree with Double J on the curtains part. I did mine for less than $2k. Living Room & MBR- Day & Night curtain. The other 2 bedrooms - Roller Blind.

Hi All, Thanks for your reply.

Roughly noted the blind are too ex. Further info on the unit, it a new 5 room, 110 sq m. Please advise whether the quotation ok? Also I ask for homo tiles in living room and laminate in bedrooms...will it be cheaper if i ask for the same material for my flooring?.....

Also I didn't request to hack any walls, need to ? :)

Edited by richman

Bro Richman, don't get misunderstood. The hacking work doesn't mean you wall. It's your floor..

Supply & lay (60x60)cm polish homogeneous floor tiles c/w skirting ****/dining. $2,640.00

Supply & lay (60x60)cm polish homogeneous floor tiles c/w skirting at household shelter. $250.00

Supply & lay (30x30)cm homogeneous floor tiles at kitchen. $650.00

As you see the quote above,

1. the contractor is quoting you "supply and laying the tiles". But they did not charge you on

hacking the existing tiles.

2. Does it mean that there is no existing tiles in your house? If there is existing tiles they should be charging

"hacking of existing tiles" in the quotation.

3.Or does it mean that you are doing overlaying tiles in all the 3 area of your hse? Even if you are doing

overlaying of tiles there should be charges for doing chemical screed.

Construct cement mortar base for kitchen cabinet c/w tiles skirting. $150.00

Construct cement mortar base c/w tiles finish for fridge & washing machine. $180.00

1. How high are they going to built it. 10mm or 50mm mortar base.

2. Existing house got any mortar base if there are it would incur in hacking fee.

Supply & install outlet pipe for sink & washing machine. $60.00

I thought you change the whole kitchen cabinet, Do you mean you remain the same location for the sink

and washing machine. If not the same, then your inlet pipe also need to relocate. That would incur another cost too.

Provide labour to replace 1no of light fitting @ $10.00 each. TBA

For the electrical work,

1. i assume you are not going to rewire your existing wiring and you are using back the

exactly same location of the existing lighting. (Just change to different lighting only)

2. The electrician don't need to dismantle the existing lighting one ah.

3. Remember to get the breakdown on all the electrical points and lighting installation charges.

(if not thats where u become a carrot head for them to chop)

Design & install laminate finish c/w ABS trimming door kitchen cabinet. (App.L9.5ft) $1,045.00

1. Dismantling of existing kitchen cabinet?? Unless there is no existing kitchen cabinet at all.

Haulage & debris removal services. $650.00

I remember HDB is quoting a flat sum for haulage and debris removal fee. maybe you could check with HDB regarding the amount.

Are you planning to stay long in your house. If yes, do not tried to lay laminated wood for living hall.

yes should be staying for more than 10 yrs. why not for living hall? cos of water etc? just find the flooring quite ex ....total abt 5.6k :( anyone know abt those in papers like 3.2k for 5 room? reliable?

Bro Richman, don't get misunderstood. The hacking work doesn't mean you wall. It's your floor..

As you see the quote above,

1. the contractor is quoting you "supply and laying the tiles". But they did not charge you on

hacking the existing tiles.

2. Does it mean that there is no existing tiles in your house? If there is existing tiles they should be charging

"hacking of existing tiles" in the quotation.

3.Or does it mean that you are doing overlaying tiles in all the 3 area of your hse? Even if you are doing

overlaying of tiles there should be charges for doing chemical screed.

1. How high are they going to built it. 10mm or 50mm mortar base.

2. Existing house got any mortar base if there are it would incur in hacking fee.

I thought you change the whole kitchen cabinet, Do you mean you remain the same location for the sink

and washing machine. If not the same, then your inlet pipe also need to relocate. That would incur another cost too.

For the electrical work,

1. i assume you are not going to rewire your existing wiring and you are using back the

exactly same location of the existing lighting. (Just change to different lighting only)

2. The electrician don't need to dismantle the existing lighting one ah.

3. Remember to get the breakdown on all the electrical points and lighting installation charges.

(if not thats where u become a carrot head for them to chop)

1. Dismantling of existing kitchen cabinet?? Unless there is no existing kitchen cabinet at all.

I remember HDB is quoting a flat sum for haulage and debris removal fee. maybe you could check with HDB regarding the amount.

bro alan,

me do not know much abt reno. in fact, this is my first reno, i try to digest n understand your reply...

mine is a new flat from hdb, no tiles, mean no hacking needed?

no idea abt the motar base too....what the practical use of it? only during washing of floor etc?

currently my kitchen is bare too

i was told, i buy the light, they help me install....dun really know whether they will do wiring for it etc.....

hdb do haulage n removal too?...thks..will compare the prices......

thks

bro alan,

me do not know much abt reno. in fact, this is my first reno, i try to digest n understand your reply...

mine is a new flat from hdb, no tiles, mean no hacking needed?

no idea abt the motar base too....what the practical use of it? only during washing of floor etc?

currently my kitchen is bare too

i was told, i buy the light, they help me install....dun really know whether they will do wiring for it etc.....

hdb do haulage n removal too?...thks..will compare the prices......

OK understood you point. Since there u said there is no tiles.

Do u intend to install wall tiles for kitchen? As it is not in the quotation.

For mortar base is a base(made from cement) for putting your kitchen cabinet.

So that when u spray water to clean your kitchen flooring, won't ganna the cabinet.

For wiring u really need to ask them clearly.

So that when u spray water to clean your kitchen flooring, won't ganna the cabinet.

Our friend richman here is talking abt his 'newly built' HDB flat... Not resale 1s...

If i'm not wrong, its a new 5Rm flat... Tilings @ toilet's wall n floor, kitchen's wall is all done up...

Wiring for all necessary lightings is oredi there also, simply buy lightings to fixed up will do...(Unless got false ceiling works...)

yes should be staying for more than 10 yrs. why not for living hall? cos of water etc? just find the flooring quite ex ....total abt 5.6k anyone know abt those in papers like 3.2k for 5 room? reliable? -richman

Its too cheap to be true... Rem, cheap things never comes gd, gd things is never cheap...

(Imagine i can get laminate floorings @ $2.60 per sq ft from suppliers, i used them once n tads it... Tads my experience)

Edited by de_Pierre

Our friend richman here is talking abt his 'newly built' HDB flat... Not resale 1s...

If i'm not wrong, its a new 5Rm flat... Tilings @ toilet's wall n floor, kitchen's wall is all done up...

Wiring for all necessary lightings is oredi there also, simply buy lightings to fixed up will do...(Unless got false ceiling works...)

yes should be staying for more than 10 yrs. why not for living hall? cos of water etc? just find the flooring quite ex ....total abt 5.6k anyone know abt those in papers like 3.2k for 5 room? reliable? -richman

Its too cheap to be true... Rem, cheap things never comes gd, gd things is never cheap...

(Imagine i can get laminate floorings @ $2.60 per sq ft from suppliers, i used them once n tads it... Tads my experience)

Hi de_Pierre,

You are right. It a new flat. I guess what you mentions is done =) I haven't got the keys to view the unit yet :jawdrop:

Noted your comments, but sometimes u pay more may not be for the quality too..... I saw in papers this Living Design offering $3700 for 5 room homo flooring and less than $3k for laminate flooring. Too good to be true? :notti: Anyone have experience with this firm? Thanks.

Hi Alan,

U really detailed. Too much info for me to digest. Me slowly learn along the way :notti: Thanks

I just keen to know. Is it advisable to do laminated flooring for Living Hall (almost whole house accept kitchen, bathroom, laundry balcony) if we are staying in the flat, let say more than 10 years.

I am quite tempted as now Supreme Laminated Flooring only $3.60 psf, somemore grade AC5 not AC3.

http://www.supremefloor.com.sg/LaminateFlooring.html

I just keen to know. Is it advisable to do laminated flooring for Living Hall (almost whole house accept kitchen, bathroom, laundry balcony) if we are staying in the flat, let say more than 10 years.

I am quite tempted as now Supreme Laminated Flooring only $3.60 psf, somemore grade AC5 not AC3.

http://www.supremefloor.com.sg/LaminateFlooring.html

Is Supreme the best in laminated flooring? I thinking of Vornigher or sometimes which someone posted in the forum. Which is better? :yamseng:

seem like JW area leh. most recent 5rm new flat with 110 doing reno r all there :) :)

Me? Getting a leftover unit in strathmore :yamseng:

Wonder what to do with the long dining/living too......

Thinking of getting vorngiger flooring for bedrooms than get separate contractors for homo tiles in living/dining. Possible?