Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
risis

Tutu's Home Sweet Home

Depending on your budget, it will be great if you are able to know what is your design concept and communicate to contractors then you will have better savings... During this time, talk to all the IDs to get concept from different prospectives and ideas... of cos, more impressive material and finishes.. more expensive ...

Hey deepwhite,

how is henry so far? probably meeting him this weekend.

tts the ting...u all are talking about materials...but in all quotes & conversations, none of the ID mentioned leh....we also wonder if they will mark up even further, after we go choose the materials...

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey deepwhite,

tts the ting...u all are talking about materials...but in all quotes & conversations, none of the ID mentioned leh....we also wonder if they will mark up even further, after we go choose the materials...

ya so when you sort out who you like.. shortlist a few liao then ask them what exactly are they giving you. then can compare properly. Like shower screens also have different kinds... at 4k i guess you're getting the tempered glass one BUT mustn't take for granted that it is. must always clarify.... :)

Hey deepwhite,

You need to know where you want glass, type of laminates and tiles suppliers that the ID or contractors are offering.. rough idea concept can obtain from magazine and ID firms as well as consideration of your lifestyle requirement. When you are talking to contractors or ID, ask them to show you the material catalogs and what are the tile company that they are engaging. After knowing the tile company, make a trip down to take a look at the price (eg $3/psf) to know what range of stuff that you can select.

End of the day, if you know what you want, you can get the renovation job without much additional VO.

Henry is happy now ... he got all my money.. :sport-smiley-004:

True..material catalogues..ok..i'll get them to do that. Thanks for the help!

hahaha..ur comment on henry very cute!hahaa.

:help: anyone has any idea on prefabricated toilets ? I was told overlaying is not recommended, because of the hollow wall tiles.which may not be durable enough to hold on the over laid tiles.....I am so sad..one ID recommended cement screeting (something like tt)..and i paint over it... anyone has experience with overlaying a prefabricated toilet?

:help: anyone has any idea on prefabricated toilets ? I was told overlaying is not recommended, because of the hollow wall tiles.which may not be durable enough to hold on the over laid tiles.....I am so sad..one ID recommended cement screeting (something like tt)..and i paint over it... anyone has experience with overlaying a prefabricated toilet?

cement screed in the toilet can la. nowadays very fashionable for cement screed look. but PAINT over in the toilet no good... cos toilet a lot of moisture will peel ba... esp if you have a habit of bathing hot water...

overlaying in toilets is never really advised but the ID can always check your walls to see how good the current tiles are.

What some contractors expressed to me is that it's best not to overlay in toilet la cos the chances of tiles popping is the higher ba due to hollow wall tiles..

cement screed in the toilet can la. nowadays very fashionable for cement screed look. but PAINT over in the toilet no good... cos toilet a lot of moisture will peel ba... esp if you have a habit of bathing hot water...

overlaying in toilets is never really advised but the ID can always check your walls to see how good the current tiles are.

What some contractors expressed to me is that it's best not to overlay in toilet la cos the chances of tiles popping is the higher ba due to hollow wall tiles..

yes..this is what the ID told me too... sigh..sum tell me can be done..challenging but ok..some tell me about the hollow wall tiles & possibility of pobbing.. Y do they give prefabricated toilets...sighhh

Hack and tile?

cant hack at all..coz its hollow, n its prefabricated..as one ID says, the whole unit was done in a factory and fixed into house.

?! mmm How old is your flat? A lot of flats are prefab now.. I think.. 10 yr and below got a lot..

.. I just very curious about this matter... cos prefab walls aren't really hollow.. they are made in a factory and put up like lego but... not hollow ma.. mmm

I just read through the HDB guidelines on building work in the toilets and they never mention about no hacking of wall tiles on prefab walls.

They only say cannot hack floor and wall toilet tiles within 3 years of newly constructed buildings la.

Edited by pinkpetter

?! mmm How old is your flat? A lot of flats are prefab now.. I think.. 10 yr and below got a lot..

think risis is my neighbour :notti:

ours r premium flat, come w prefab loo liao

tt time signed paper, officer oso said cannot touch toilet floor leh

toilet wall think got to appy permit bah, but hor, think new toilet must wait 3 yr de...

It has been built for 8 yrs.. sigh..really sian..i really like toilet with nice tiles..so dissapointing:( :bangwall:

think risis is my neighbour :notti:

ours r premium flat, come w prefab loo liao

tt time signed paper, officer oso said cannot touch toilet floor leh

toilet wall think got to appy permit bah, but hor, think new toilet must wait 3 yr de...

ahhhh :) ya.. prefab should still be able to hack tiles one.

Just that new flats cannot.

HDB ruling is that for 3 yr period for brand new flats cannot change their wall and floor tiles of the toilet.

liddat very sian hor...

*EDITED = HUH risis yours is 8 yrs ah?... ID told you cannot hack? or HDB? :dunno: really never hear of this le.

Edited by pinkpetter

our flats were built 8 yr ago, but only sold this yr

actual commence date is jun 2008, so got to wait 3 yrs after 2008 lor

our flats were built 8 yr ago, but only sold this yr

actual commence date is jun 2008, so got to wait 3 yrs after 2008 lor

after 3 yrs can hack?

i am really very confused ....not sure if prefabricated toilet is hollow.but when we knock on the walls..realli sounded hollow! One ID visited the house..n the minute he knock the tiles..he say cannt hack...relay also mus be very careful... then the next ID we went to,,..we told him it prefab toilet, and he said overlay very risky..prob will pop out...HAI

rdnest, im 677c..hehe

:dunno: Confused confused risis....