Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
risis

Tutu's Home Sweet Home

spam spam...

Hello neighbour, me got the same layout leh.

Yours is so so so happening de lor...

sigh... with kiddos, pattern is limited de :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
keke... future gaming neighbor =P how come behind you WIW still gt some space ? isit part of the cozy room ?

haha..gaming neighbor is waxus ..not me..he say he wana play wii with u...

Hmmm..that space..is tentatively either part of WIW or glass room..hahaha..dunno wan hack or not leh

..i am still thinking..without hacking..our room realli can fit WIW mah???

did i see a round bed in the MBR :notti: :notti:

still thinking leh...is round bed gd?? how to buy bedsheets..hmm..but its chio......

spam spam...

Hello neighbour, me got the same layout leh.

Yours is so so so happening de lor...

sigh... with kiddos, pattern is limited de :P

hmm..wants r unlimited... ideas keep running in mind..till i have to knock myself n give myself wake up call...hahahaha ...living in a small small hdb nia... shldnt do so much too...

but 1st time can play with house..xcited leh... next time got kiddos..realli cant play le..so i better play now

Just a recommendation to change entertainment area to bedroom 3 and gym area to bedroom 2.. Reason: more privacy in the MBR.. human flow will not have a chance to peek or walk in MBR.

As for the cozy room, why dun you do a platform of wood plus that hanging chair.. throw in some cushions and bean bags and a place to put magazines, newpaper plus drinks and snacks?

Interesting to see a round bed, hope to see the real picture in action soon.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

haha.entertainment room is a name nia..is like a computer /study room... but mostly used for gaming or me watching videos.. so dun tink will have much human traffic.. waxus says "live till so far..u find who visit u..." :dancingqueen:

hey deepwhite.u juz gave me an idea..im putting a mini fridge in cozy corner!!! i can store my beloved chocs n drinks...

Interesting to see the glass room; should be very cozy to chit chat or read in there. :)

Where's the fridge? Didn't see a fridge in the kitchen. Or m I too blur in the morning? :P

hehe...is i blur..forgot abt the fridge in kitchen! :rolleyes:

Edited by risis

still thinking leh...is round bed gd?? how to buy bedsheets..hmm..but its chio......

well, it reminds me of certain type of lodgings...

think you can only buy flat sheet if you really go for round bed

but hor, it's really chio de lor :wub:

mm ya think only flat sheet. But flat sheet very ma fan one.. if you move more when you sleep the sides will keep coming out. :P

Round bed is super nice lor... very romantic sorts.. :P

Can fit in WIW. there is another neighbor who did that but the space between his bed and WIW very narrow.

Edited by junxian

keke... future gaming neighbor =P how come behind you WIW still gt some space ? isit part of the cozy room ?

yeah yeah, dear risis. wake up ur idea. wan to do this do that, u think we have a bottomless budget haha. our budget so paltry that i think whoever took up our job will have the greatest challenge lol.

and junxian, yeah hope to start gaming with u real soon, once the house is up lol. since we stay in such ulu pandan place we must be united haha. :dancingqueen:

when did tt happened?? tot u usually say u king and i maria??? :bleah:

Junxian, my neighbor to be, hehe. yeah! got change in plans le....quite a complete change, though the main tings still there. Entertainment cum gaming room, his gym, my WIW...

My layout plan (with drawings)

floorplan-1.jpg

Today, a creative friend of mine gave me a new idea for the glass room.

(1)To create a cozy area in the glass room. It consist of a rattan hang chair, a english tea table, probably a sandbag and alot of cusions. It will my my cozy reading area. Or my chit chat area with my girl friends (guys will probably be gaming with waxus in the entertainment room or working out in the gym with him).

cozyarea1.jpg

diningroom.jpg

It be perfect if it has a sky painted wall/ wall paper

My creative friend also gave another brilliant idea..

(2)To put a jacuzi inside the glass room!!!!!It be perfect especialli since the WIW is juz behind the glass room.

bellavistacorner_1_MD.jpg

its brilliant, but...but..its a glass room!!! But its brilliant,....though i doubt i got the courage to do it....haha

Other thoughts for the glass room is, a dining area,

a bar counter (but we dont drink....can we eat ice cream there? )

JW-Barcounter.jpg

or the pool table...

Hmmmmmm..any suggestions??? Which would u choose if u were me?

to create a cozy corner there is a great idea but not feasible. there will be no ventilation inside the room unless u are prepared to install an aircon inside. moreover thk the area there is rather small...

it is more appropriate to locate the dining area there. :rolleyes:

The Quotes

Sigh. Today we receive the quote from A&D and also Ideal house..A&D quote has been based on our latest layout, and it cost almost 28k :bangwall: N it includes overlaying of only ONE toilet..Y do toilet cost so much???? 3.5k per toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: Need further discussion, negotiation ,..... :bow:

Ideal house layout was nice (based on our old requirement of hacking of all rooms, and resizing (yeah....we were abit haywired..) Requirements have changed greatly...but the quote they gave was abt 24k. which we thought was reasonable for tt amt of work. But... after i emailed him my changes, i begin to suspect his revised quote wont be cheap either... sobsob....n yes...changes to be added in quote include the glass room, toilet, n bar table...cross my fingers....

Was our budget impossible? :help:

So far, impress 21 gave the best quote at about 20k... Though it was also based on our old requirements of hacking everything, but it did include overlay & vanity for BOTH toilets....though i am not sure if they are strong in design, seems they are more towards contractor?

Gplan was around 23k, based on old requirements too...with toilets. Their strength would probably be in design. Probably need to re discuss again.

Its another Loooooong wkend...

:drunk:

3.5k per toilet?! I think mine was 2.4k and hack all without vanity.

3.5k and overlay too much la... even if include vanity...

Yes:( some more no hacking, only overlay!!! sigh..i got two quotes for 1 toilet is abt 4k...whats so special abt it????

hahahahah dunno? They use high end super solid wood and glass?

If you see a high quote ask them what materials they use and what alternatives there are. They'll prolly tell you they use good wood which wun rot with the moisture bleh bleh bleh but then... wood is wood and wood will still decay or grow mould with time one la.

Ask them what kind of shower screen, what is $$ psf, the kind of pipes... mmm I guess know the material liao then can compare ba. :)

The Quotes

Sigh. Today we receive the quote from A&D and also Ideal house..A&D quote has been based on our latest layout, and it cost almost 28k :bangwall: N it includes overlaying of only ONE toilet..Y do toilet cost so much???? 3.5k per toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: Need further discussion, negotiation ,..... :bow:

Ideal house layout was nice (based on our old requirement of hacking of all rooms, and resizing (yeah....we were abit haywired..) Requirements have changed greatly...but the quote they gave was abt 24k. which we thought was reasonable for tt amt of work. But... after i emailed him my changes, i begin to suspect his revised quote wont be cheap either... sobsob....n yes...changes to be added in quote include the glass room, toilet, n bar table...cross my fingers....

Was our budget impossible? :help:

So far, impress 21 gave the best quote at about 20k... Though it was also based on our old requirements of hacking everything, but it did include overlay & vanity for BOTH toilets....though i am not sure if they are strong in design, seems they are more towards contractor?

Gplan was around 23k, based on old requirements too...with toilets. Their strength would probably be in design. Probably need to re discuss again.

Its another Loooooong wkend...

:drunk:

Depending on your budget, it will be great if you are able to know what is your design concept and communicate to contractors then you will have better savings... During this time, talk to all the IDs to get concept from different prospectives and ideas... of cos, more impressive material and finishes.. more expensive ...