Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
risis

Tutu's Home Sweet Home

yup! but talking to ID does give us interesting knowledge & ideas. at first when we talk to the 1st ID, we wanted to hack 1 room & 1 living room, then ater talking to 2nd, we wanted to hack all. Then after talking to a few more, now we realise we dont need to hack anything ! Its quite amazing. I guess its also good to talk to more

yaya and now you wan to convert my pathetic gym room to a pool recreation area and shift my gym equipment to another room. In a way yes we got to thanks those ID for spending their precious time with us, i guess we did learnt quite a number of things now we know what we want.

Waiting for quote and hopefully we can confirm our destined ID and move on to furniture shopping :notti:

Wish list: xbox 360, huggie chair, osim massage chair.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yaya and now you wan to convert my pathetic gym room to a pool recreation area and shift my gym equipment to another room. In a way yes we got to thanks those ID for spending their precious time with us, i guess we did learnt quite a number of things now we know what we want.

Waiting for quote and hopefully we can confirm our destined ID and move on to furniture shopping :notti:

:P..what to do...lightings for pool area looks better in the glass room.HAHA

ID search continued...

6) A-Win

We visited them at the early stage of our search. It was nothing but a waste of time..tsk tsk... he asked us to give exact specs of the carbinet etc that we wana do...how would we noe??? Then we ask him for suggestions on the odd shape living room... he say "ohh..this one..very difficult." so he proceed to write "很难" (very difficult) in the layout plan!!! he then say, need design, u must pay $300, then we do 3 D for u...

we ask him, no quotation, why proceed to do 3D. He say "must do drawing first, then can quote. "

!!!!&!#????!!!!!

we questioned a few times, as we thought we misunderstand him..But..no..he really meant it!...ok..off we go..

7) Inside Living-Miss J

Shes highly recommended by one of our neighbor to be, whom i know thru the forum. I couldnt find anything in the forum about this company. Has anyone deal with them before?

She is really nice. She agreed to meet us at 9pm on a saturday night..and we chatted till 11+pm. It was her, that gave us the idea of not hacking the rooms, but still creating space for what we wanted. kudos to her. I was a bit concern, on the fact that most of her designs are white based. While i like white (and i drool over her white kitchen), i do prefer brighter and stronger colors. But she commented that white is a strong color. Guess we need more discussions on this:) Her quote for overlaying my toilets was the highest amg all..4 k per toilet.wonder why? Perhaps shes being upfront while others may have hide some costs? :dunno: But overall, 1st impression on her was excellent. Now awaiting for her quote, and round 2 discussion.

8) A&D -Mr J

Hes a busy man. Our appt clashed with another couple one. (we were early, they were probably late or he might have scheduled the appts too close). But he was nice enough to entertain us, and ask his collegues to talk to the other couple. He was rather professional and ideas were quick. He did a different layout for us, than most other ID did. Saw his portfolio, and he does quite a few different design themes. (though i still prefer Miss J's white kitchen) Now, we'll wait for his quote and see how it goes.

Looking forward to both of their quotes!!

:P..what to do...lightings for pool area looks better in the glass room.HAHA

haha you all very cute le! wow pool recreation area?? I wonder how that will turn out! Sounds so luxurious!

HEY after confirming ID got a lot more things to confirm before furniture wor.... :)

That A-Win ID is ridiculous. :P

Edited by pinkpetter

haha you all very cute le! wow pool recreation area?? I wonder how that will turn out! Sounds so luxurious!

HEY after confirming ID got a lot more things to confirm before furniture wor.... :)

That A-Win ID is ridiculous. :P

hehe. There is this area in the living room, beside the bomb shelter, that we want to box up using glass (becoming a show case). Initial plan was to be a gym. But recently i chance upon more photos in the forum..and saw this

f_DSC02877m_7c49a0b.jpg

(Copy right of LLLhome: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...1335&st=80)

Melted...isnt this even nice...But still at dreaming stage nia..area may be too small...if so, it will still be HIS gym.

I'll post my self drawn layout plan tml!

hoho .. gt started t-blog le. :yamseng:

looks like now you guys have a change of plan ! hmm.. so the tv will be on the slanted wall instead?

*-**n are jokers.... or maybe they like to smoke & chop young couples... :curse:

Wah the pool area is indeed nice! lol.

Work towards ur dream and achieve as far as possible within ur means!

Talking to IDs indeed "opens" up ur mind to more ideas. have a open mind and re-cap what each firm suggest and decide wat is the most comfortable design u want and ask for re-quote from a few short-listed ones. slowly kick out each ID and choose from the remaining 2-3 will be good enough.

Too many IDs will make u blur too... lol.

anyway waxus is the co-owner of this house too is it? LOL!

Wah the pool area is indeed nice! lol.

Work towards ur dream and achieve as far as possible within ur means!

Talking to IDs indeed "opens" up ur mind to more ideas. have a open mind and re-cap what each firm suggest and decide wat is the most comfortable design u want and ask for re-quote from a few short-listed ones. slowly kick out each ID and choose from the remaining 2-3 will be good enough.

Too many IDs will make u blur too... lol.

anyway waxus is the co-owner of this house too is it? LOL!

yup yup co owner, and i am force to make an appearance in this t-blog, else my ear will drop from all the pulling and screaming by the ahem!!.. lol.. :furious:

I am the slave of the house while she is the queen lol. :bow:

yup yup co owner, and i am force to make an appearance in this t-blog, else my ear will drop from all the pulling and screaming by the ahem!!.. lol.. :furious:

I am the slave of the house while she is the queen lol. :bow:

when did tt happened?? tot u usually say u king and i maria??? :bleah:

Junxian, my neighbor to be, hehe. yeah! got change in plans le....quite a complete change, though the main tings still there. Entertainment cum gaming room, his gym, my WIW...

My layout plan (with drawings)

floorplan-1.jpg

Today, a creative friend of mine gave me a new idea for the glass room.

(1)To create a cozy area in the glass room. It consist of a rattan hang chair, a english tea table, probably a sandbag and alot of cusions. It will my my cozy reading area. Or my chit chat area with my girl friends (guys will probably be gaming with waxus in the entertainment room or working out in the gym with him).

cozyarea1.jpg

diningroom.jpg

It be perfect if it has a sky painted wall/ wall paper

My creative friend also gave another brilliant idea..

(2)To put a jacuzi inside the glass room!!!!!It be perfect especialli since the WIW is juz behind the glass room.

bellavistacorner_1_MD.jpg

its brilliant, but...but..its a glass room!!! But its brilliant,....though i doubt i got the courage to do it....haha

Other thoughts for the glass room is, a dining area,

a bar counter (but we dont drink....can we eat ice cream there? )

JW-Barcounter.jpg

or the pool table...

Hmmmmmm..any suggestions??? Which would u choose if u were me?

The cozy area with the hang chair.. or the POOL!! :)

hehee...thanks! i also prefer this two.. only prob with pool is i duno how to play...but ..its pretty.hahaha

Just a recommendation to change entertainment area to bedroom 3 and gym area to bedroom 2.. Reason: more privacy in the MBR.. human flow will not have a chance to peek or walk in MBR.

As for the cozy room, why dun you do a platform of wood plus that hanging chair.. throw in some cushions and bean bags and a place to put magazines, newpaper plus drinks and snacks?

Interesting to see a round bed, hope to see the real picture in action soon.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Deepwhite

Interesting to see the glass room; should be very cozy to chit chat or read in there. :)

Where's the fridge? Didn't see a fridge in the kitchen. Or m I too blur in the morning? :P