Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
risis

Tutu's Home Sweet Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have seen the tiles for kitchen, its very light pink, but i guess no choice la.since theres really no other pink tiles around:) will post the tiles pics tonite, along with my bathrooms tiles.

Was on air con tour yesterday:) Its really really a major challenge. We went IMM, Allbest, Gain city, & Best Tech. It was war!!!!

Each was talking about each other sales tactics, and cutting each others throat..ouch...

we left the shops feeling....."????!!!????"

Very bold kitchen color choice! Salut! I realize that most of us, we prefer to choose safer colors. It helps to have 3D photos! Maybe can go for pink or red appliances.... fridge LG got one with crystals... but 4k+ la. :P

For aircon, suggest go for gain city. Read around the forum for feedback on the rest even though their price is very competitive. If willing to pay a bit more, go for Hong Tar.

Have seen the tiles for kitchen, its very light pink, but i guess no choice la.since theres really no other pink tiles around:) will post the tiles pics tonite, along with my bathrooms tiles.

Was on air con tour yesterday:) Its really really a major challenge. We went IMM, Allbest, Gain city, & Best Tech. It was war!!!!

Each was talking about each other sales tactics, and cutting each others throat..ouch...

we left the shops feeling....."????!!!????"

i will still go for gain city as i gather feedback that they are good in service and workmanship.

I'm back!

been reading up for the past days on aircon...and we went on two aircon sprees...it was a really eye opening one! To share our finds:

N.a.t.u.r.a.l C.o.o.l:

Mitsubishi Inverter starmex(Sys 2): $2460

Use 9-flex-class 0, gauge23 copper

G.a.i.n C.i.t.y:

Mitsubishi Inverter starmex(Sys 2): $2350

Use armaflex-class1, gauge23 copper

A.l.l B.e.s.t:

Mitsubishi Inverter starmex(Sys 2):$2250

Use totaline-class 0, gauge24 copper

B.e.s.t T.e.c.h:

we'll forget abt them.......

Use k-flex(so-called made in italy), gauge23 copper

Sales talk, price war blar...was we encountered in AB, GC, BT.

Every competitor seems to have each other's details & price, E.g GC has BT piping & use that as comparison. AB has GC copper and showed us, and hinted that GC could have changed the label. AB even have the invoice of GC and made us read the terms & conditions of GC, which does have much hidden clause.

Conclusion from IMM aircon visit on saturday- SCARY! Info overloaded! We'll forget abt BT-> recommendation of aircon was bad->ask us buy Mitsubshi Heavy Ind, without informing us that the warranty is not covered by Mitsubshi but the distributor themself. He also told us heavy Ind is 10 yrs more modern than Mit Electric. We dont know how true what he said was, but we prefer someone to be upfront, and tell us not only the good, but also the bad about what we are buying.

GC: sales man is presentable but he sort of like to badmouth BT, saying we cannot compare GC to BT or AB, as they have only been around for a few yrs. We asked about GC price guarrantee-> matching of the lowest price in market. But he say, we must compare apple to apple, and is only willing to compare to NC or Harvey Norman to price match. The warranty system is a bit weird. Seems we need to buy a servicing package ($250)from them, in order not to void our extended warranty. Also, AB sales warn us that there might be more tops up required from GC when we decide to purchase from GC(he showed us invoice examples). We dont know how true all these r? Maybe forummers can help us verify??? Appreciate your help

NC-> went to their warehouse at Tai seng road today. Met a sales man by the name of daniel. He did not hard sell nor talk bad (at least not much) about other competitors. Both of us find that he is not pushy and is knowledgable. His price is the highest, and he was shock to hear what competitors offer. However, he mentioned that good installation is impt and all their guys are from NC and not subcontractors. There wasnt much talk really, he also never show us any pipes or coppers of other competitors. He was unable to give any offers or discounts or vouchers. However, we are keen to purchase. I wanted to purchase immediately but was stopped by gf, as she find it risky, since we never research anyting abt NC or the 9-flex they used.

What do you guys tink abt GC & NC and also the armaflex & 9-flex that they used?

:paint:

Edited by waxus

time for tiles!

1) Kitchen pink laminate

DSC02824.jpg

2) Kitchen pink floor tiles

DSC02827.jpg

theres always diff between dreams and reality! the pink floor tile is alot lighter than i tot it be..but i guess, no choice!

DSC02827.jpg

3) Common toilet tiles

commontoilet.jpg

4) mbr toilet tiles

DSC02845.jpg

Im like 200% happier than last week, coz we met this lovely gal call joey in hafary. Shes many times better than the last guy who serve us. Shes veryvery patient, help us think of the right combination, and even help us do simple drawing on how we can place and match the tiles.

SImply love her, i cannot stop grinning like an idiot there..haha..coz shes really so nice:) Muaks muaks muaks

I think we exceeded n burst the budget for toilets;..wonder if my contractor will faint...hmmm....

Oh yah.must praise edmund again..he spend 4 hrs doing a 3d drawing for me..becoz he wanted to render the bubble chair in it...he say im really testing his skills..haha

WOW I Love your tiles!! The pink laminate is so pretty!! but I do agree on the floor tiles.. there really aren't any solid pink ones? But I guess it's really difficult to get. :) nice still!

I was served by Joey too when I was at hafary!! patient lady. :)

Edited by pinkpetter

WOW I Love your tiles!! The pink laminate is so pretty!! but I do agree on the floor tiles.. there really aren't any solid pink ones? But I guess it's really difficult to get. :) nice still!

I was served by Joey too when I was at hafary!! patient lady. :)

YES! shes so sweet:) i had a realli sian experience there last week. the guy who serve me made me waited 40 mins..n juz tell me everyting take black n white..mosaic? dunid la..juz white n black ......

fainted...i go back..think n think..and i dont tink it match the house leh....so went back to rechoose. I'm glad i did!

YES! shes so sweet:) i had a realli sian experience there last week. the guy who serve me made me waited 40 mins..n juz tell me everyting take black n white..mosaic? dunid la..juz white n black ......

fainted...i go back..think n think..and i dont tink it match the house leh....so went back to rechoose. I'm glad i did!

HUH the first guy really sounded horrid. So unhelpful! Happy for you too. Then what's going to happen for your worktop now that you've gotten your dream laminate?

HUH the first guy really sounded horrid. So unhelpful! Happy for you too. Then what's going to happen for your worktop now that you've gotten your dream laminate?

hehee..my contractor say he will mix a color for me.i need to show him the color i want..But i am still thinking. SHould i choose a light pink, bright pink (like e 3 d) or grey one?

mm If he can get a solid coloured bright pink that'll be good! but if not, if it's going to look like the tiles sort.. then I think solid grey or white will be better.. mm

mm If he can get a solid coloured bright pink that'll be good! but if not, if it's going to look like the tiles sort.. then I think solid grey or white will be better.. mm

he say better not take solid colors, else next time scratches very obvious..ask us take those with dots dots...

i am contemplating bright pink or grey

neopolitan-pink-big.jpg

I'm back!

been reading up for the past days on aircon...and we went on two aircon sprees...it was a really eye opening one! To share our finds:

N.a.t.u.r.a.l C.o.o.l:

Mitsubishi Inverter starmex(Sys 2): $2460

Use 9-flex-class 0, gauge23 copper

G.a.i.n C.i.t.y:

Mitsubishi Inverter starmex(Sys 2): $2350

Use armaflex-class1, gauge23 copper

A.l.l B.e.s.t:

Mitsubishi Inverter starmex(Sys 2):$2250

Use totaline-class 0, gauge24 copper

B.e.s.t T.e.c.h:

we'll forget abt them.......

Use k-flex(so-called made in italy), gauge23 copper

Sales talk, price war blar...was we encountered in AB, GC, BT.

Every competitor seems to have each other's details & price, E.g GC has BT piping & use that as comparison. AB has GC copper and showed us, and hinted that GC could have changed the label. AB even have the invoice of GC and made us read the terms & conditions of GC, which does have much hidden clause.

Conclusion from IMM aircon visit on saturday- SCARY! Info overloaded! We'll forget abt BT-> recommendation of aircon was bad->ask us buy Mitsubshi Heavy Ind, without informing us that the warranty is not covered by Mitsubshi but the distributor themself. He also told us heavy Ind is 10 yrs more modern than Mit Electric. We dont know how true what he said was, but we prefer someone to be upfront, and tell us not only the good, but also the bad about what we are buying.

GC: sales man is presentable but he sort of like to badmouth BT, saying we cannot compare GC to BT or AB, as they have only been around for a few yrs. We asked about GC price guarrantee-> matching of the lowest price in market. But he say, we must compare apple to apple, and is only willing to compare to NC or Harvey Norman to price match. The warranty system is a bit weird. Seems we need to buy a servicing package ($250)from them, in order not to void our extended warranty. Also, AB sales warn us that there might be more tops up required from GC when we decide to purchase from GC(he showed us invoice examples). We dont know how true all these r? Maybe forummers can help us verify??? Appreciate your help

NC-> went to their warehouse at Tai seng road today. Met a sales man by the name of daniel. He did not hard sell nor talk bad (at least not much) about other competitors. Both of us find that he is not pushy and is knowledgable. His price is the highest, and he was shock to hear what competitors offer. However, he mentioned that good installation is impt and all their guys are from NC and not subcontractors. There wasnt much talk really, he also never show us any pipes or coppers of other competitors. He was unable to give any offers or discounts or vouchers. However, we are keen to purchase. I wanted to purchase immediately but was stopped by gf, as she find it risky, since we never research anyting abt NC or the 9-flex they used.

What do you guys tink abt GC & NC and also the armaflex & 9-flex that they used?

:paint:

I've tried All best before and the service is not really great. My friend used gain city and he say their after sale service was great. This round i bought my aircon through gain city in their AMK main office. Price is $50 more than IMM but overall was quite satisfy with the works