Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fondue_

New Home @ Yishun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
We were basically hopping around different places the whole day yesterday

In the morning was meeting up with Jason at the new pad to discuss on carpentry works, the carpentry boss was there too.

The next stop was to Harvey Norman @ Millenia Walk thinking of swooping to a condenser from a vented dryer. But we sticked to the vented dryer in the end.

Next up was to Jalan Besar looking to get a vertical storage tank and got stainless steel kitchen accessories at Song Cho.

Not forgetting to take a break at the famous beancurd stall. Reward of the day :D

pardon me but what's available @ jalan besar? it seems many pple shopping in the area.

this place is opp little india liao right?

pardon me but what's available @ jalan besar? it seems many pple shopping in the area.

this place is opp little india liao right?

Mostly bathroom & kitchen fixtures.

Bathroom

- WC,

- washbasins

- Tap mixers

- Shower headset

- Heater

Kitchen

- Cooker hob

- Hood

- Oven

- Sink

See this map for the list for the shops...

The numbers u see is the shop number. Basically, odd numbers on one stretch, even on the other.

jb.jpg

we were given nippon paint catalogue to choose our paint, however today when we went up to our unit, we were shocked :o that the paint can was Jotun

We called Jason and Ah Soon. Both of them said the base will use Jotun and 2nd with Nippon.

But doesn't make sense, both might have different properties and color difference. Fingers crossed. Really skeptical and hmm don't know what to say....

Hmm. Wonder how is the others Ah Soon customer paint like? Pls share...

`

fondue, i get where u r coming from. our quotation states Nippon paint too but Uncle Jason give us ICI catalogue to choose from only... he say he ran out of Nippon paint catalogue and we were like :unsure: we had already choosen our colors from Nippon paint webbie lor, but now have to compromise wif ICI colors... hope they will really use ICI paint. U might wan to check wif Uncle tat u would prefer Nippon thru out.

hi fondue,

Ah Soon painters do multi layers of painting. The jotun is juz the base. I noticed this when they were at work at my place too. But rest assured, they used the type of piant, be it ICI or Nippon... I happened to pop by while they were painting juz to check.

Also my place all falling in place ler. The kitchen cabinets are in place and I really love Jason's desgins. Now left the hard surface top and the bi-fold/shower doors and the rectifications. Hold yr horses, hungry now, going for breakfast 1st.

Bathroom

- WC,

- washbasins

- Tap mixers

- Shower headset

- Heater

Kitchen

- Cooker hob

- Hood

- Oven

- Sink

The numbers u see is the shop number. Basically, odd numbers on one stretch, even on the other.

jb.jpg

WAH SAY Your picture is SO USEFUL!!! IT's even better than SG Directory!!! :) Must save..

HN SALE SALE SALE!!

WAH SAY Your picture is SO USEFUL!!! IT's even better than SG Directory!!! :) Must save..

HN SALE SALE SALE!!

After 2 days over there, we went to all the shops. lol

Royal Franco -> do not have much on display, so either you've already did your homework and just buy with the negotiated price. Bad if you are a visual person. Seems like a 2 man show shop and doesn't seems to have time to serve us. It's like come in, ask what u want, they give price and period. *sweat*

Impression: 1/5

Service: 1/5

Price: I don't know, because they seems to be too busy to attend to us and we do not have any thing to see over there.

GR Link -> the lady (in specs) is very friendly and patient in explaining to us, but they do not carry many brands for cooker hob. Carries only (i think) turbo cooker hob, hood and oven. Sink is Rubine (Korean brand?) Downside, is they don't seems to carry much variety.

Impression: 4/5

Service: 4/5

Price: 3.5/5

Poh Joh -> the tap mixers are cheap (sorry I find that they look tacky). Moreover the store is too cramped to take time to see and consider. The young slender lady serving us was flirting with my hubby openly (I knew but kept quiet but when we left the shop my hubby told me she was flirting with him). She was leaning forward and stretching herself suggestively in the midst of serving us.

Impression: 1/5

Service: 0/5

Hoe Kee -> Hoe Kee offers the watson/k** brand housebrand mixers are cheap. Don't dare to buy kitchen accessories (rails, pull out basket) with the fear of rusting. Not much varieties. The only thing that entices us is Blanco sink.

Impression: 2/5

Service: 2/5

Price: 3/5

Bellari -> cooker hood, hob and oven looks dated. the professional series kitchen sink is impressive but we asked to look at the tap the assistant brought out from the stock. The tap is has corrosion already. Appalling right? Hence, don't feel comfortable dealing with them. One more thing, everything is fixed price. Wash basins are cheap.

Chuan Heng -> Bosses sits there like buddha. Haha. The servers are female. Service is ok. Reason why we chose them is because

- they carry the brands we wanted -> Rinnai, Maclarie, Deca, Franke all under one roof.

- the price offered is competitive

Impression: 2.5/5

Service: 2.5/5

Adamas -> Expensive. Cuizino cooker hob, hood and oven is impressive. The reason why we don't go back is because they don't carry Rinnai or Franke. One thing to note, their price is quoted much more expensive. We bought our bathroom 7 pcs accessories, shower set and Atrix rainshower here only.

Service: 3/5

Price: 4/5

Edited by fondue_

Bathroom

- WC,

- washbasins

- Tap mixers

- Shower headset

- Heater

Kitchen

- Cooker hob

- Hood

- Oven

- Sink

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/bunnypad/jb.jpg

BIG Thanks! very useful!

Hi...anyone went to HN warehouse sale? Worth gg?? :unsure:

Wa, very far sia.. I think the HN sale is to counter the Courts Megatex show.. But one is in the east, one is in the west.. I think price should be comparable bah.. Why don't u go megatex take a look.. :)

I love the doors and the pink pink room!! so SWEET!!

So the kitchen cabinets will be up this week? So fast!

kitchen, wardrobe, floor laminates will be up next week ;)

i wonder how they can complete in 7 days...