Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fondue_

New Home @ Yishun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

fondue, i get where u r coming from. our quotation states Nippon paint too but Uncle Jason give us ICI catalogue to choose from only... he say he ran out of Nippon paint catalogue and we were like :unsure: we had already choosen our colors from Nippon paint webbie lor, but now have to compromise wif ICI colors... hope they will really use ICI paint. U might wan to check wif Uncle tat u would prefer Nippon thru out.

fondue, i get where u r coming from. our quotation states Nippon paint too but Uncle Jason give us ICI catalogue to choose from only... he say he ran out of Nippon paint catalogue and we were like :unsure: we had already choosen our colors from Nippon paint webbie lor, but now have to compromise wif ICI colors... hope they will really use ICI paint. U might wan to check wif Uncle tat u would prefer Nippon thru out.

Hi...we hv a mixture of ICI & Nippon paints....Just gave him the paint brand and code, and they shd get them for u....Hv fun! :D

hi jesper, ashes. thank u for the replies wor. hehe we will speak to ah soon tml again :)

fondue, u managed to speak to uncle abt this issue? I also wish to knw the outcome since I am planning to use him

fondue, u managed to speak to uncle abt this issue? I also wish to knw the outcome since I am planning to use him

hi familyof4, we did speak to Jason, it is used as intermediate coat.

we saw the the tincan it is jotunplast max, an economy paint for interior walls.

For painting, there is usually a primer (sealant or base coat), followed by an intermediate coat and a top coat.

From the looks of it, ours is like an intermediate coat.

jotun have a multicolor system which have up to 2000 color codes available in the market. which means whatever paint we want say in brand A, Jotun will have it.

different brands have different properties, i'm not sure if it goes well with a top coat from other brand.

Dunno if this helps to reassure u? :)

Saw the jotun and lots of smaller ICI tins when i went up to my house just now, they were left there by the workers cos my house still pending some touch ups. i accidentally dirtied my wall w my ladder, so took a wet tissue and wipe the walls, dirt went off and the wet patch dried up after a while. I didnt specifically picked easy-clean paint, i went along with colors that matches my theme rather, so i have no idea if that was easy wash.

As for Nippon or ICI, quotation was Nippon, but i specifically told jason i wanted ICI. i have personal copies of both Nippon and ICI books, so had already been choosing my colors long b4 we came to the paint picking period. :)

thanks mrspiglet, i guess the top coat will be nippon bah. anyway we are meeting ah soon this friday to go through rectifications for the house

my hubby and i are on leave now till monday to do the last mile of shopping

Wednesday:

- Meet the wallpaper guy @ the pad

- Confirm laminate for the wardrobe

- Go to Ikea Alexandra

Thursday:

- Look for lights fixtures

Friday:

- Meet up with Ah Soon

:) Since you're on leave the next few days I'm sure you can keep a close eye. I do hope you get what you want. That's the most important. :)

aiyoh the 1 appointment that jason mentioned better be mine!!! Tomorrow is my final inspection and Ah soon promise to bring jason down to do some measurement. Am keeping my fingers cross!!

when is ur place expected to be completed?

yeah pretty excited!! though inspection is tomorrow, handing over of keys is next friday! but I've been dying to bring ah soon up cos there are some things I wanna check with him!!

end april is not too far. Since reno is coming to and end, I'm sure you will survive the 10 days!