Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angel81

Angel's Heaven

Hi angel!how are u?!have u bot any new items for your house?hehe :D

Yoz! Bought a little fish tank for balcony. :) Currently keeping the water and plants for one week before adding fishes in. Still searching for paintings/posters for living room and also a water feature for the foyer thought. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
thanx angel for your help...he has come back with a revised quote and tomorrow showing us one of the house he did.....

Oh cool! Let us know how it goes. hehehe :D

Yoz! Bought a little fish tank for balcony. :) Currently keeping the water and plants for one week before adding fishes in. Still searching for paintings/posters for living room and also a water feature for the foyer thought. :)

same same...we also thought of having a water feature but is in the balcony area.....

sure will update on the latest development...

preciousjam, we are also getting a water feature...Hubby wanted it since our first house...My bro-in-law offered to bring us find some good buys...see if i can find something really cheap.

preciousjam, we are also getting a water feature...Hubby wanted it since our first house...My bro-in-law offered to bring us find some good buys...see if i can find something really cheap.

great!! update me...maybe if buy more can get more disount...;)

Hee.. Yesterday I went to CCK/Lim Chu Kang area to look at fishes and water features. Came across this place at Farmart. Can take a look for the water features there. The price is quite reasonable, but the one we like the most is about $1k... So still tinking about it, and waiting for more shipment to come in before deciding. :)

http://www.taikwang.com.sg/index.html

Hi Angel,

Am Ziggy from the other forum, you gave me Yeak's contact sometime back. Just called and sent him my floorplan today for his quotation.

Noticed you are still looking for a water feature, can try these places which we also went before 2-3 years back. I got my from natureco in the end.

http://www.gardenasia.com/20061/templates/products.php?id=2

http://www.fukai.com.sg/index.htm

Hi Angel,

Am Ziggy from the other forum, you gave me Yeak's contact sometime back. Just called and sent him my floorplan today for his quotation.

Noticed you are still looking for a water feature, can try these places which we also went before 2-3 years back. I got my from natureco in the end.

http://www.gardenasia.com/20061/templates/products.php?id=2

http://www.fukai.com.sg/index.htm

Hi kthc/ziggy! thanks for the links! I'll go check them out. :D How's ur water feature from natureco so far? Is it easy to maintain? The pax from Tai Kwang told us that it's very easy to maintain, but just like to hear it from someone who has one. :)

Hope u get a good quote from Yeak! :P

Edited by Angel81

hi angel,

we were looking for water feature also, have called taikwang from your link, they said maintenance is quite easy.

but yeah the cost could be up to 1K.....

have you gotten yours liao? any pictures of your fishtank? hehe

I have yet to go and check out the water feature. if u guys had not gotten, probably i can share my findings when I go and check it out in about 2 weeks' time?

I have one ‘normal’ size and another desktop water feature. Very easy to maintain IMO, basically its just a water pump sending water through a rubber hose and sprouting out from a rock feature. What you’ll need is a lining (the plastic tub), rocks to cover the lining, a rock feature, a pump, rubber hose + lights and you are good to go. They’ll probably suggest the mist maker and other stuff, its up to your preference. You may like to have pebbles too but someone told me in fengshui, too many pebbles in the house is not good, can’t really remember the reason but I took mine out anyway…

Anyway, my personal suggestion, get the pump, lights and hose from a fish shop if you know what you are looking for, usually cheaper and the same as the one you’ll find from the water feature seller. If your hands get itchy like mine…and you want to keep some small fishes, just added a simple filter and change the water once in awhile. Maintenance wise is very simple, just change the water once in a while (dust + dead insects), clean the plastic lining because of the algae and it should be enough.

Also, depends on your preference, I suggest you don’t get a pump which is too strong, the water will splash out and you’ll get rushing water sound rather then a soft soothing stream type. Talk to the seller and highlight this. I’ve just sold mine cos don’t think it’ll suit our new place but will definitely buy another one once we’ve settled in. The water sound can be very calming.

Let me know if you have other questions, will pop in here once in awhile, trying to follow quite a few threads, so many things to re-learn about renovation… Still waiting for Yeak’s quote.

I have one ‘normal’ size and another desktop water feature. Very easy to maintain IMO, basically its just a water pump sending water through a rubber hose and sprouting out from a rock feature. What you’ll need is a lining (the plastic tub), rocks to cover the lining, a rock feature, a pump, rubber hose + lights and you are good to go. They’ll probably suggest the mist maker and other stuff, its up to your preference. You may like to have pebbles too but someone told me in fengshui, too many pebbles in the house is not good, can’t really remember the reason but I took mine out anyway…

Anyway, my personal suggestion, get the pump, lights and hose from a fish shop if you know what you are looking for, usually cheaper and the same as the one you’ll find from the water feature seller. If your hands get itchy like mine…and you want to keep some small fishes, just added a simple filter and change the water once in awhile. Maintenance wise is very simple, just change the water once in a while (dust + dead insects), clean the plastic lining because of the algae and it should be enough.

Also, depends on your preference, I suggest you don’t get a pump which is too strong, the water will splash out and you’ll get rushing water sound rather then a soft soothing stream type. Talk to the seller and highlight this. I’ve just sold mine cos don’t think it’ll suit our new place but will definitely buy another one once we’ve settled in. The water sound can be very calming.

Let me know if you have other questions, will pop in here once in awhile, trying to follow quite a few threads, so many things to re-learn about renovation… Still waiting for Yeak’s quote.

Very informative!! I also like the sound of water in the house....hubby wanted to put small fishes inside it....

Seems like Yeak gonna be bz....will be starting my reno on Monday.....

xherion

Yupz, the lady told me that it's very easy to maintain when we were there. But scare tat it's just their tactics to sell more. hehehehe.. Signz, the water features are expensive rite? But it's really nice and soothing. heheh.. Nope, we've not gotten ours yet, cuz the lady told us that there'll be some new shipment coming in a few wks time. So we intend to wait for that loh. :) Moreover, we're busy with our coming housewarming on this Sat. :P

Haha, my hb redid his fish tank. So now we're still stabilizing the water and plants, before putting fishes in. Think we'll be buying the fishes tml bah. I'll post pics after we've put fishes in. :)

Oh, our balcony got 2 new orchid plants too! We bought them when we went to Qian Hu to look at fishes, at one of the nearby nurseries. Hehe.. Now lots of greenery at the balcony!

familyof4

Hehe, like tat u'll sure get ur water feature b4 me liao. Cuz we intend to search around and also wait for the new shipment to arrive at Tai Kwang. :) Where will u be putting ur water feature?

kthc

Thanks for the info! The seller at Tai Kwang also told us similar stuff, but we didn't think of getting the pumps from fish shops. Good idea, sure save lots that way. :D Hmm, since u kept fish inside ur water feature, that means u didn't put any chlorine tablets in to prevent algae from growing?

Hee.. yeah yeah mi too love the sound of the water trickling/splashing/flowing. Imagine opening the doors and be greeted by such a calming sound.. Hehehee.. Can't wait for my water feature!

preciousjam

Wah! Ur reno very efficient! Today get keys and Monday start work! :good: