Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

u got 3.5K for all ur windows and grills???

i was quoted 3.7K for my white powder coated window fame + blue tinted windows.. no grills... :(

The white powder coated grills will set be back by another 1.9K...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u got 3.5K for all ur windows and grills???

i was quoted 3.7K for my white powder coated window fame + blue tinted windows.. no grills... :(

The white powder coated grills will set be back by another 1.9K...

yup $3.5K for all windows and grilles and the price quoted is for casement windows if i dun hear uncle wrongly. Now that I am using all sliding he'll probably dock a bit off for me again.

Your quote came from ID or direct from windows contractor?

From ID.. actually darren's window quote is the lowest already.. now i know ah soon quote even lower!!

mine is casement window too.. coz Mr J want to open ALL the window..so wind big big...

From ID.. actually darren's window quote is the lowest already.. now i know ah soon quote even lower!!

mine is casement window too.. coz Mr J want to open ALL the window..so wind big big...

if it's ID then I can understand why the price is a bit high. Cos dun forget they need to factor in the contractor's profit, the designer's cut of the profit plus the ID company's cut of the profit.

Spying from my window again.

Ivy, I can see the tiling for living room moving very fast. Now up to dining area.

I can see your tilers working hard. good progress! :)

Spying from my window again.

Ivy, I can see the tiling for living room moving very fast. Now up to dining area.

I can see your tilers working hard. good progress! :)

hahahha thanks wendy for the spying!! I'll let the tilers know I've got someone helping me watch over you guys from "above" so bette dun eat snake! hahahah

these bunch are really quite ok people. I'll hop up later to see the progress after work.

ivy, ur house reno moving real fast leh! I like the contemporary look of ur MBR toilet. Gd choice! :good:

thanks Mrs Piglet. It was my aunt who chose the tiles for me.

I taking a break from cleaning the house so I spy lor. hee..hee...

The cleaning is killing me....... so many paint marks everywhere. Some stains.. (dont know what they are).

Dying from inhaling the thinner......... :(

Uncle came over and saw me cleaning like mad... he said tomorrow he use some solution (very powerful) and help me 'suck' out the stains... hopefully will work! My finger peeling from the strong chemicals.

Die liao.... tomorrow hacking 3 tiles... will be so dusty. My 3 tiles cracked. Someone must have dropped a hammer.

Sorry to vent here.

From Wendy.

The cleaning is killing me....... so many paint marks everywhere. Some stains.. (dont know what they are).

Uncle came over and saw me cleaning like mad... he said tomorrow he use some solution (very powerful) and help me 'suck' out the stains... hopefully will work! My finger peeling from the strong chemicals.

Die liao.... tomorrow hacking 3 tiles... will be so dusty. My 3 tiles cracked. Someone must have dropped a hammer.

Sorry to vent here.

From Wendy.

aiyoh your poor fingers... did uncle do acid wash for you on your floor tiles huh?? the LSH lady told me my living room tiles cannot acid wash.

Ain't uncle's workers suppose to help u clean off the paint marks?

Just now evening I went up my tiling works are about 90% completed le. Even the front access area is done. what's left is just some small corners and the kitchen wall tiles. So far I've not heard from Jason yet, when I called uncle just now he said Jason should be contacting me soon.

Sorry to vent here.

From Wendy.

Wah.. like very jialat.

Can request Ah Soon to clean up after replacing tiles and to clean up the stains for you?

Dun get addicted to thinner leh.. haha

Anyway got a quote from Alan le which did not contain all my requests but already relatively steep as compared to your renno sum considering the amount of your works done. Hope can get cheaper after negotiation with Ah Soon. :D:rolleyes:

Tad.

Hi Ivy and Tad,

Uncle did acid wash for only areas which can take it. For cleaning up, his workers just clean the obvious. I cant stand lots of mini polka dots on the edges of the room. so got to clean it myself lor. :)

Just got back from my Mid Day check. Today the tilers are suppose to put up the kitchen wall tiles and complete the tiling works by end of the day. Unfortunately, by mid day the wall tiles are still not delivered. The tilers told me they almost fall asleep waiting for the tiles.

They've completed my front foyer tiling. Here is a peek at how the tiles look like :

IMG_0411.jpg

As the place cardboards on the tiles to protect the tiles, thus I only manage to take a corner of the whole tiling job.

Let's hope that the wall tiles arrive soon and not waste the workers' time.

How thick should wall skirting be? I think the tilers made mine too fat. When I look at it, I can't help but feel that the thickness is very "outstanding" I use my finger to measure then came back to office to use ruler to measure my finger, wahhh the thickness is about 2.5cm leh. (the slanted length on top).

I asked the tiler, he told me it's bcos my walls are not even and the walls are not plastered yet. He says after plastering, it'll look slimmer cos the plaster will be of certain thickness.

Not sure whether they are smoking me or not, plastering of wall got so thick meh? Anyway I called to feedback to uncle, told him they made my skirting "bui bui". He said he'll go up and take a look later.

DSC01236.jpg

Do you think it looks thick?

How thick should wall skirting be? I think the tilers made mine too fat. When I look at it, I can't help but feel that the thickness is very "outstanding" I use my finger to measure then came back to office to use ruler to measure my finger, wahhh the thickness is about 2.5cm leh. (the slanted length on top).

I asked the tiler, he told me it's bcos my walls are not even and the walls are not plastered yet. He says after plastering, it'll look slimmer cos the plaster will be of certain thickness.

Not sure whether they are smoking me or not, plastering of wall got so thick meh? Anyway I called to feedback to uncle, told him they made my skirting "bui bui". He said he'll go up and take a look later.

DSC01236.jpg

Do you think it looks thick?

from the picture..... it does look thick.

I remembered mine is about 1cm +/-. cos about the width of my finger....

2.5 cm too bui bui le.

actually mine also very thick. Told Jason and he says it'll trim down after painting...plastering sounds logical, but painting??? so i am asking uncle tmr when he is up there

Edited by familyof4