Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

wow ivy i love your tank, did u spend a bomb? thinking of doing one for my fishy too but 1 fish.. a bit lame. :P haiyer can rear 1 fish without any air pump or filter??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ur plants look very nice, esp the one in the pic of the single tetras. What's that plant call? Thinking of asking hb to buy them, cuz a couple of our plants died. :(

Angel, the name of the plant is "rotala"

wow ivy i love your tank, did u spend a bomb? thinking of doing one for my fishy too but 1 fish.. a bit lame. :P haiyer can rear 1 fish without any air pump or filter??

aubrey, the tank was given FOC to us by hubby's colleague. The plant came with it. Ours is a mini tank. Actually it is fine to have just 1 fish since the tank is small. When the tank came, there's only 1 miserable tetra, 1 big and 1 small snail and 4 shrimps. Other than the tetra, the rest will be hiding most of the time, so you only see 1 lonely tetra swimming around.

After awhile we added in a few more tetras to give the lonely tetra some company and the shrimps and snails just multiply themselves.

I not sure about the air pump and filter. You must ask the more expert forummers.

Abit unrelated but keeping fishes, got to 'cycle' the tank for a few days. Briefly; setup the tank first, let the water, plants and such run for a few days, a week or more even better. Then slowly add snails/shrimps or your fishes.

Ammonia is poisonous to fishes and it is produced when things from your plants die off or food decomposes. When ammonia is produced, a bacteria helps to break it down into nitrite and then another bacteria breaks nitrite into nitrate, which is less harmful to your fishes. Nitrate is also used as a fertilizer for your plants and can be reduced by changing water.

Hardier fishes may survive the ammonia & nitrite spike but cardinals & neons (the cheaper version of cardinals) not very hardy.

Am keeping marine fishes but the cycling process pretty similar:)

Abit unrelated but keeping fishes, got to 'cycle' the tank for a few days. Briefly; setup the tank first, let the water, plants and such run for a few days, a week or more even better. Then slowly add snails/shrimps or your fishes.

Ammonia is poisonous to fishes and it is produced when things from your plants die off or food decomposes. When ammonia is produced, a bacteria helps to break it down into nitrite and then another bacteria breaks nitrite into nitrate, which is less harmful to your fishes. Nitrate is also used as a fertilizer for your plants and can be reduced by changing water.

Hardier fishes may survive the ammonia & nitrite spike but cardinals & neons (the cheaper version of cardinals) not very hardy.

Am keeping marine fishes but the cycling process pretty similar:)

wahhh thank you for your detailed explanation. It's a valuable lesson for idiots like me. I only know how to stare into the tank and try to spy on the baby shrimps the rest are left to the man :x but at least now i can share with him the above info.

thanks!

the fish tank is very nice. i like the plants. sometimes it's good not to maintain too many fishes, hard to maintain.

I think hor I 走火入魔了. Been renotalking too much.. Yesteday night I dreamt about uncle and a bunch of his workers at my void deck, including plumbers (who is suppose to come tomorrow). Not long after that scene flash past, I woke up and feel very 莫名奇妙... of all things, dream about uncle and his workers............ aiyoh...

No action at my place these 2 days, tomorrow plumber suppose to come, today I got the elephant brand laminate from the sales person and Ah Hock called me at 8+pm asking me about my shower screen, grilles, and gate. Will be meeting him this saturday.. Will have to bug jason to meet me to discuss my carpentry since tiling already completed last week..

To destress, I bar myself from renotalking this evening. I use the time to complete my long outstanding project for my boys :

DSC01284.jpg

Finaly it's done!!! It took me a long long time!! I will send both for framing and will be putting it above their bed :)

I'm back renotalking just right before bed... wonder whether I will dream of Jason next... since he owe me carpentry discussion... pray for me that I will not!! cos I want a peaceful sleeeeeeeeeppppppp

hello ivy.. I was spying again... saw no action in your unit leh!

Windows all closed... hmmm... was wondering what happened?

Wa.. I like your cross stitching.... I cant sew, SEW envious!

hello ivy.. I was spying again... saw no action in your unit leh!

Windows all closed... hmmm... was wondering what happened?

Wa.. I like your cross stitching.... I cant sew, SEW envious!

yah cos tiling already completed last week. I misunderstood tot plumber will come in on monday but when i call Jason today he says suppose to be tomorrow. Jason trying to arrange Ah Tan to meet me and he also trying to find time to meet me on carpentry. When he hear that I need to take leave to meet these people he become very stress, so he say he confirm with them first then tell me.

x-stitch not difficult, from the diagram just count how many crosses of each colour and sold according to the number can liao.

yah cos tiling already completed last week. I misunderstood tot plumber will come in on monday but when i call Jason today he says suppose to be tomorrow. Jason trying to arrange Ah Tan to meet me and he also trying to find time to meet me on carpentry. When he hear that I need to take leave to meet these people he become very stress, so he say he confirm with them first then tell me.

x-stitch not difficult, from the diagram just count how many crosses of each colour and sold according to the number can liao.

ivy, after plumbing works, please test the water volume.

if the outside pipes is bigger than the house pipings, the volume of water will be high (provided if there's good pressure)

else if false ceiling up, too tedious to rectify.

ivy, after plumbing works, please test the water volume.

if the outside pipes is bigger than the house pipings, the volume of water will be high (provided if there's good pressure)

else if false ceiling up, too tedious to rectify.

water volume as in the amount (quantity) or the sound?

it's the quantity. ;)

ohh ok ok. I will check it once they are done. Thanks for the tip!

aiyoh my 走火入魔 already 更上一层楼了. The day before I dream about uncle and his workers, yesterday night I dream about my TV console wor!! Images of various tv consoles hor just keeps flashing in my mind....

think i've been staring at too many pictures of different consoles trying to make up my mind what suits me and can satisfy my needs...

Just to clarify, my 走火入魔 is not caused by uncle or jason. It is probably self inflict cos I am very worried by the time I meet jason I still dunno what kinda TV console i want.... So I see pictures and I try to act ID by drawing it out myself...

As shared in Aubrey's thread... i dreamt of my TV consoles... the cause of my weird dream is probably these :

tvconsole.jpg

I 假厉害... try to play ID... DON'T LAUGH!! I know they are out of proportion and in weird angles.. I am just trying to visualise what I want.. I am a visual person... I am also very worried that if i dun somehow try to draw it down when it comes to communicating with Jason he'll get me all wrong... I drew 2 last night and 3 this morning in the office..... I was so engross in thinking abt my TV console I forgot to go for department briefing lor.....................

So out of all the rubbish that I doodled... hubby wanted to adopt this.. :

DSC01291.jpg

The location to put the woofer is suppose to have a piece of platform to bland in with the console so that it will not look too lopsided... realise i miss that piece of thing out.. but I dun want to meddle with the drawing already...

I will continue to stare at pictures of TV console till the day i meet the carpenter... and see whether I can doodle something else... wonder what other furnitures will appear in my dream? shoe cabinet maybe?

Edited by ivy

As shared in Aubrey's thread... i dreamt of my TV consoles... the cause of my weird dream is probably these :

tvconsole.jpg

I 假厉害... try to play ID... DON'T LAUGH!! I know they are out of proportion and in weird angles.. I am just trying to visualise what I want.. I am a visual person... I am also very worried that if i dun somehow try to draw it down when it comes to communicating with Jason he'll get me all wrong... I drew 2 last night and 3 this morning in the office..... I was so engross in thinking abt my TV console I forgot to go for department briefing lor.....................

So out of all the rubbish that I doodled... hubby wanted to adopt this.. :

DSC01291.jpg

The location to put the console is suppose to have a piece of platform to bland in with the console so that it will not look too lopsided... realise i miss that piece of thing out.. but I dun want to meddle with the drawing already...

I will continue to stare at pictures of TV console till the day i meet the carpenter... and see whether I can doodle something else... wonder what other furnitures will appear in my dream? shoe cabinet maybe?

nice drawings....when is your carpentary works starting?