Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
roamca

3 Room Flat @ Amk

hi roamca,

I hope this drawing is useful in deciding if your washer base is too small, nice to know that your ID is extending it.

washerbase3.jpg

Now that I drew this, I suspect my ID got the dimensions wrong. :furious:

I'm using LG 7.5kg washer, dimensions from the top is approx 600mm width, 550mm depth.

The base she gave me was 700mm wide and 600mm depth. Why did she know about having 100mm allowance for the width, but why only 50mm allowance for the depth? She might have arranged for 600mm, but the workers gave her 550mm anyway. Must test her on showdown day. I shall put this in my blog also. :D

Anyway, back to your case. There should be at least 100mm extra for the depth and width. Washers are more the less around that size unless you getting a huge 10kg washer. I'm also a bit concerned about the dustbin hidden behind the washer? There are piping and other wires behind the washer, you have to consider how much space is left and how much of the dustbin can be open after you put the washer there.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah lawry..thanks for your drawing leh...haha...paisay to have trouble you...yah...i understand what you are saying...thats why i oso buay tahan and quickly ask my contractot to extend le! 'Hopefully' after extending will be ok cos should have abt 75mm-100mm more space...My topload washer is 9kgs one leh...heehee...

hi yokine9a, i tried to bathe in cold water but really cannot leh..hahah...maybe since young my parents scared i catched cold so bathe me with warm water to bathe....so i very used to the warm warm temperature...heehee...:D

yeah i also am a hot water lover! roamca, but i need to buy 2 sets of water heater during reno, becos scare my hubby and me snatch the bathrooms. cannot tahan using cold water. unless its really really hot. aha, so you save on 1 water heater money

yeah i also am a hot water lover! roamca, but i need to buy 2 sets of water heater during reno, becos scare my hubby and me snatch the bathrooms. cannot tahan using cold water. unless its really really hot. aha, so you save on 1 water heater money

Hi pinklady...initially i oso thought of installing 2 h20 heater...but later when our toilet tiles up liao we visualise it will be very very cramp to bathe in the master toilet...so then decided not to install...its super small de lor...anyway its only 3 of us in the flat 1 heater should be enough le bah....

Very nice of Yeak to agree to extend the base for u. :) Hope that after extending, there'll be more space for u to use the rubbish chute. :)

By the way, did u tell Yeak which colour rubbish chute u wan? Or he matched it for u? Heheh... I think so far I'm the only one who asked him for a specific colour. Heng thing was that he actually got the colour I wanted before mi asking for it. :dancingqueen:

:jawdrop: 9kg is Big one lei!!!!

I also gg to buy 9kg one. To wash bedsheets & quilt covers. :)

Very nice of Yeak to agree to extend the base for u. :) Hope that after extending, there'll be more space for u to use the rubbish chute. :)

By the way, did u tell Yeak which colour rubbish chute u wan? Or he matched it for u? Heheh... I think so far I'm the only one who asked him for a specific colour. Heng thing was that he actually got the colour I wanted before mi asking for it. :dancingqueen:

I also gg to buy 9kg one. To wash bedsheets & quilt covers. :)

hi angel...i didnt change the chute cos that time yeak come to my house and said my previous owner chute still in good condition so dont need to change...so i save $ on that....coincidently its green in color..can match my kitchen cabinet....hahah...

My toshiba washing machine was sold to us by my hubby colleague at $30.00...2nd hand one cos his colleague gana lucky draw and got a new F&P one so wana get rid of his toshiba one...and its really good if wash the quilt lor...

hi angel...i didnt change the chute cos that time yeak come to my house and said my previous owner chute still in good condition so dont need to change...so i save $ on that....coincidently its green in color..can match my kitchen cabinet....hahah...

My toshiba washing machine was sold to us by my hubby colleague at $30.00...2nd hand one cos his colleague gana lucky draw and got a new F&P one so wana get rid of his toshiba one...and its really good if wash the quilt lor...

Haha! So lucky & just nice to match ur kitchen. :)

:jawdrop: $30 for a WM?! Cool.... :good:

:jawdrop: 9kg is Big one lei!!!!

Did u consult yeak any problem opening the rubbish chute?

i bet he saw your washing machine at your old place right?

So they are going to hack part of the tiles and do the extension ah?

cos i saw that the tiles are done up at the plinth already :unsure:

My 9kg one not tat big but its slightly taller then the normal ones...i have given yeak my WM dimension b4 le...and its yeak and my hubby said can opened the chute de lor...My hubby yestd somemore said if really troublesome to throw rubbish from the buttom chute...ask me to use the upper one to throw woh...majiam i have the octopus hand like that...i replied him i dun have such long hands to reach the top chute lah...hahaha....then he said ask me to buy a dustin to put near my kitchen sink area then throw whatever things i want into the dustbin...then wait for him to come back from work and he will throw for me...hahah...like tat so ma fan de...i say see how bah....maybe not tat bad after the extension....

I think yeak will not hack and redo bah!! I didnt ask him to redo leh...

Haha! So lucky & just nice to match ur kitchen. :)

:jawdrop: $30 for a WM?! Cool.... :good:

yah..initially my hubby colleage said dun need $ as he want to give away free...then i think very pai say so give him $30.00 yi si yi si...the WM already 2-3 years old le...but still can use lah...

My 9kg one not tat big but its slightly taller then the normal ones...i have given yeak my WM dimension b4 le...and its yeak and my hubby said can opened the chute de lor...My hubby yestd somemore said if really troublesome to throw rubbish from the buttom chute...ask me to use the upper one to throw woh...majiam i have the octopus hand like that...i replied him i dun have such long hands to reach the top chute lah...hahaha....then he said ask me to buy a dustin to put near my kitchen sink area then throw whatever things i want into the dustbin...then wait for him to come back from work and he will throw for me...hahah...like tat so ma fan de...i say see how bah....maybe not tat bad after the extension....

I think yeak will not hack and redo bah!! I didnt ask him to redo leh...

yah..initially my hubby colleage said dun need $ as he want to give away free...then i think very pai say so give him $30.00 yi si yi si...the WM already 2-3 years old le...but still can use lah...

Haha! Well, at least ur did not seal up the top chute then. If really hard to open even after the extension, ur can use the top chute to throw rubbish. :)

Hee.. I think Yeak will still have to ask the workers to hack away the side tiles, then put cement and retile that extension.

WM lifespan is around 5-8 yrs like that, so ur $30 will last u for a very long time. :good:

Haha! Well, at least ur did not seal up the top chute then. If really hard to open even after the extension, ur can use the top chute to throw rubbish. :)

Hee.. I think Yeak will still have to ask the workers to hack away the side tiles, then put cement and retile that extension.

WM lifespan is around 5-8 yrs like that, so ur $30 will last u for a very long time. :good:

hmm...yalor...i think still got to hack the sides of the tiles to cement and retile..hope will not be too mafan for him..actually feel quite pai say! I will go down my new house tomoro and see see look look...then will take some pictures...i think by tomoro night i will see my aircon, wc, basin all up le bah...yeak said friday start painting le...

hi roamca, you're welcome.

MMMM, one question.

Do we need a 9kg to wash quilt? I squeeze 1 queen size bedsheet, 1 queen size quilt cover, 4 pillow case into my 7.5kg front load. Another time, it was 1 queen size quilt and 1 queen size protector. :x

Did I like overload my washer?

haha...i see...my hubby does 80% of the housework....i only do the laundry and cooking.... :sport-smiley-018: he even iron and sew my clothes button for me....:P me simply useless or better say lazy!!!

Hope to see your tblog soon...and happy searching for a ID/Contractor...you doing a major overhaul like me?

hee a bit shy to put up my tblog, house very messy. i guess u can call it major i think.. just want to do flooring, install kitchen cabinets + wall tiles + redo the toilet and fresh coat of paint. my place is still original state 100%pure and natural fm HDB back in the 80's. so my current house theme will fall under "retro/vintage". :D

Is your block at queens street?the green and white block?!

downstair sell chicken rice?

how much did u pay for that 3 room flat?what is the valuation and COV? :unsure:

its the traffic coloured hdb blocks, green, white and yellow. cant miss it as its the ugliest lot of HDB flats as compared to rochor, cheng yan court and bras basah. :bleah:

yup sells the famous chicken rice and indian rojak!

my parents paid about 44k back in the 80s and valuation for the flats around my place is 280k ~ 300k. whats COV?

hi lawry...hmm...i think 7.5kgs to wash a queen size quilt and protector still okay bah...heehee...ofcos if its bigger then your quilt & protector will have more space inside to twist and turn...thus your quilt will be cleaner??? I m really not too sure about it..heehee...maybe any experts out there can advise?

Wow Aubrey...retro/vintage...must be colorful...i love colors...my current house in woodlands oso super colorful de...later post some picture and show you...initially i oso dun wana start tblog de...but after so many forumers here encourage so decided to start one and share pictures and experience...Lucky i start lor...cos you see my WM base...hahaha...if you guys didnt point out the problem i might not be noticed or bothered abt it le...so still good to start one... :good:

Edited by roamca

Wow Aubrey...retro/vintage...must be colorful...i love colors...my current house in woodlands oso super colorful de...later post some picture and show you...initially i oso dun wana start tblog de...but after so many forumers here encourage so decided to start one and share pictures and experience...Lucky i start lor...cos you see my WM base...hahaha...if you guys didnt point out the problem i might not be noticed or bothered abt it le...so still good to start one... :good:

Hee.. Aubrey and roamca, we just love to see pictures of other pple's lovely homes. Pictures speak a thousand words woh. :P

Yah, Aubrey, messy nvm.. Just post and show us please! :P I love colours as well!

hi lawry...hmm...i think 7.5kgs to wash a queen size quilt and protector still okay bah...heehee...ofcos if its bigger then your quilt & protector will have more space inside to twist and turn...thus your quilt will be cleaner??? I m really not too sure about it..heehee...maybe any experts out there can advise?

hahaha no la, retro/vintage as in the fixtures in the house is from HDB, things like metal sink, rubber vinyl tiles in living room, kitchen is plain cement only.. things like that. heh.

i will start my tblog, hopefully when i settle down with a contractor/ID. :sport-smiley-018: