Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

*hugs* really can't help u much gaku...can only hope everything will be over for u soon...really feels bad to hear both u and aubrey faces problems...

Don't worry about me, I am feeling much better these days after not having to talk to the contractors that often. I am actually happy that the reno is coming to an end. Now I will be busy again planning my mini herb garden.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Don't worry about me, I am feeling much better these days after not having to talk to the contractors that often. I am actually happy that the reno is coming to an end. Now I will be busy again planning my mini herb garden.

herbs garden? interesting leh...i never have green fingers whatever that i grow sure mati :(

tell u guys ar, its really all these sub con giving tons of headache. chup until like that. scratched the table (shucks, should have snapped a pic) still want to use silicon to patch. its like a case of lawry's mis-drilled holes where the ID just got the carpenters to use silicon to patch and that turned yellow over time.

uncle dropped by ytd again, i brought it up to him and even he said, aiyo how can they use silicon! and he called ah liew on the spot to tell them what to use to chup and that using silicon is wrong! -_-

yes gaku, im sick and tired of seeing the previous guy (ah mei) using his infamous liquid paper and ah liew using paint pens. u know, they way i see them patch things up with that pen? i told them, forget it, gimme the pen, i do it myself. haha on saturday, i patched the door frame as elder goh added it for me, re-painted part of the main door cos i felt it was fun and halfway i just passed it to his ah neh. :P

gaku, who is your carpenter? actually it was explained that to paste over with new laminates its easier. but since they need a machine to trim the edges, they can only do that in the factory. if u want them to paste, its easy. but problem is when u use it, and if your clothes get caught in the corner by the laminate, this will cause it to peel.

regarding hollow tiles, why did they not cut it out to paste for u again? over at my house, all uneven tiles and this 1 hollow tile was promptly cut out and replaced. maybe cos i can take the dust?

reiki, well actually my house is kinda in a stasis. no real completion yet cant call it uncompleted.

to be honest, at this point in time i am simply not in any mood to accommodate mistakes and slipshod work. so the next person who is gonna give me that kind of work, get ready to face my super black face and wrath (if they piss me off enough) i can promise heads will roll if they give me more nonsensical excuse. (its okay one, at the corner mah, then the clear glass will cover so u cannot see it! pls, its CLEAR GLASS, and it can COVER? gimme a break, your nonsense is addling my mind and slowly reducing my IQ)

If the carpenter who is an expert does not know what stuff he is suppose to use, then I really doubt their capability and expertise.

For the edges, I also told them cuttings are not even and they merely use the paint pen. Aubrey you must be an expert already after spending the sat patching the door frame. So now I know who to ask for help to patch my cabinets. :D Just kidding.

You are right about the trimmed edges. Laminate is the easy way out. I will talk to the carpenter boss to see if they can do it in the factory. I have 3 carpenters doing my carpentry. I only know the good one and his name is Ah Meng who did my MBR wardrobe. The other two I do not know their names. Usually I only talk to the carpenter boss.

If the hollow tiles are few, I will just close one eyes. But for my case, it is about 30-40%hollow. So no choice got to rectify.

I am really tired of cleaning the house again after few rounds of rectification to the tiles. They also created more problems like damaging the toilet bowl, scratching the carpentry, solid surface and the flooring and using also using my stuff w/o permission.

Remember I mentioned about them using my shower towels, floor mat, vacuum cleaning. I also do not like them to search my store room. Unfortunately at that time, I could not lock it because the floor in the storeroom also need to rectify. I told uncle how the worker can open up my present and use them (vacuum cleaner was a gift from my brother for the new flat). So now after I have shift in, I am really hesistant to let them rectify unless I am around to oversee.

Actually moving new house should be a happy event. I have given up arguing about the reno esp on money matter. As you might be aware, I have spent unneccesary money on shifting and rental due to delay in HO. So in short, we have to bear part of the responsibility for choosing our own contractor, whether it is good or bad.

yup, understand. that is why every of my weekend is burned doing all the rectifications and it seems to be dragging on forever. i refuse to waste further leave and the best thing is to get them to come in on sat so i can see them and supervise the works overall.

fyi, i also patch up my own grout!! hahaha im so DIY now. :]

even if laminates, u still got to trim it or else same problems will surface. if u want them to do it at the factory, i think its gonna be tough. that means they have to dismantle, bring back to factory, do it and come up again to fix it for u right?

i did not check on my tiles actually. did not knock all 1 by 1 to check for hollow tiles, so far all are solid. and i have had experience of scratching. my poor sink is very very scratched. initially partly scratched by the workers then after using,more scratches. i expected franke to be better and have less scratches. tsk. [bD if u are reading, any news from desmond about the inox cream for franke sink? :notti:]

and its too much that they use the towels!! i know they freshen up before leaving for the day but towels? sounds scary.. *looks at my towels*

cheer up gaku, i hope your rectifications goes well. since so much money have been poured into rental etc, can u stress uncle a little to get them to change the scratched stuff for u be it to replace or to bring to factory to redo? it is only right that we get what we paid for.

yup, understand. that is why every of my weekend is burned doing all the rectifications and it seems to be dragging on forever. i refuse to waste further leave and the best thing is to get them to come in on sat so i can see them and supervise the works overall.

even if laminates, u still got to trim it or else same problems will surface. if u want them to do it at the factory, i think its gonna be tough. that means they have to dismantle, bring back to factory, do it and come up again to fix it for u right?

i did not check on my tiles actually. did not knock all 1 by 1 to check for hollow tiles, so far all are solid. and i have had experience of scratching. my poor sink is very very scratched. initially partly scratched by the workers then after using,more scratches. i expected franke to be better and have less scratches. tsk. [bD if u are reading, any news from desmond about the inox cream for franke sink? :notti:]

and its too much that they use the towels!! i know they freshen up before leaving for the day but towels? sounds scary.. *looks at my towels*

cheer up gaku, i hope your rectifications goes well. since so much money have been poured into rental etc, can u stress uncle a little to get them to change the scratched stuff for u be it to replace or to bring to factory to redo? it is only right that we get what we paid for.

I hope your reno will complete soon and you don't have to waste anymore of your weekends. Weekend should be spent resting and enjoying quality time with your family instead of facing the workers, right.

I want to learn how to fill up the grouting as well. But mine is coloured grout, so should will ask the workers for advise how to do it and where to buy them.

On the laminates, I will ask them to bring it back to the factory to rectify and bring back when it is done. Will be meeting the carpenter boss this evening.

Talked about sink, mine also got scratches and they look like a second hand sink.

The worker didn't use my towel to freshen up. They use it for tiling work because I found my white colour towel became brown and full of cement and dirt. Went to check another towel in the common bath room and same fate. But actually it will be more scary if they use it to freshen up without you knowing... :jawdrop:

For the scratches, actually the carpenter boss ask me to talk to him direct. I will see how it goes this evening.

I am feeling much better these days. Thanks. So you also don't be too angry or upset ok cos it is bad for your health.

yes yes i am here la. :P

trying to catch up with your reading. My sink should arrive by 4th july...by then i go yr place and pass to u ookie?:)(see still got home delievery de!)

I know u are going through alot of frasturation(same goes for Gaku)...just hang in there....it coming to an end liao.Got just always tomorrow will be a better day...:)

aubrey, you need the inox cream ah? My mom bought some cream to clean SS things from Desmond when we were at Asiaexcel to buy my sink/tap/hob/hood package. Is it the one in a big white tube (like the ones for facial cleanser) with big wordings on it? if you need it maybe i try to pass you some of it this weekend bah?

Edited by stormcontrol

i also got inox cream to clean my franke sink :) heard it minimises scratches...maybe u wana try?

its only for SS? how about the bathroom sinks? don't know is it my maid scrub too hard, the one in the common toilet got 1 brown line appearing and some scratches....

where to get this cream? better get one to protect my SS sink....

its only for SS? how about the bathroom sinks? don't know is it my maid scrub too hard, the one in the common toilet got 1 brown line appearing and some scratches....

i got it at the same time at asia excel IMM. the scratches u see on your sink might be caused by your maid. i use sponge to clean my ceramic sinks :P

at least you know your maid never short-change you. really "kut lat" =p

so touched by all for their offers to pass me the cream. i was supposed to have a little get together with uncle too, that has been grossly delayed. :P maybe when its finally on, u guys can bring it along. dont wish to trouble u all for minor stuff like that. so does that remove scratches and marks?

also, i am really heng. first, elder goh brought his new polish machine to polish the floor, only finished almost 2rooms then it conked out on him. then ytd ah liew came with my glass table top and all, the hole for cables cut wrongly, so got to bring it back to cut again and he will bring it again.

i prefer the attitude of ah liew much much more.he is friendly and humorous. he has helped to clean up everything and patched those ugly scratches with some white powder thingy. so im ok with that.

he also brought me extra wooden planks for my shelves since im using the train tracks.

cant help but feel sleazy whenever i call him tho. :P (to prevent being misunderstood, its his ringtone that makes me feel that way. if u've ever called him, u WILL know what i mean)

Edited by aubrey

so touched by all for their offers to pass me the cream. i was supposed to have a little get together with uncle too, that has been grossly delayed. :P maybe when its finally on, u guys can bring it along. dont wish to trouble u all for minor stuff like that. so does that remove scratches and marks?

also, i am really heng. first, elder goh brought his new polish machine to polish the floor, only finished almost 2rooms then it conked out on him. then ytd ah liew came with my glass table top and all, the hole for cables cut wrongly, so got to bring it back to cut again and he will bring it again.

i prefer the attitude of ah liew much much more.he is friendly and humorous. he has helped to clean up everything and patched those ugly scratches with some white powder thingy. so im ok with that.

he also brought me extra wooden planks for my shelves since im using the train tracks.

cant help but feel sleazy whenever i call him tho. :P (to prevent being misunderstood, its his ringtone that makes me feel that way. if u've ever called him, u WILL know what i mean)

sexy voice! hahah! i agree with Pet that he's pretty handsome leh. :P