Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MoreOrLess007

Deleted

Yeah will definitely take photos, but currently still in a mess haha. Tomoro I'll check on my unit progress again before I go for my night shift.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi wakzool,

excited for u (& for myself hee) cos i wish to see the outcome of your MBR toilets cos we selected the same wall tiles!

I am oso doing roller blinds for 3 bedrooms and i got them at Choice Curtains @ Furniture Mall, Level 3. They have a promotion now, 20% off any material selected wif 5 years' warranty for their mechanism.

Hi wakzool,

excited for u (& for myself hee) cos i wish to see the outcome of your MBR toilets cos we selected the same wall tiles!

I am oso doing roller blinds for 3 bedrooms and i got them at Choice Curtains @ Furniture Mall, Level 3. They have a promotion now, 20% off any material selected wif 5 years' warranty for their mechanism.

Hey, may i know how much they quote u for the 3 bedrooms rollerblinds?

Hi Wakzool

we have not confirmed the material and designs of the blinds with them yet cos the salespersons told us need not decide so early cos we will only be renovating in Jul and moreover they might have new designs by then.

Anyway, we have asked them to make a rough estimate on the cost. If i remember correctly, their material cost start from $7/ft. We saw some nice ones for the $12/ft range and ask him for the estimate for 5 panels, it came out to about $1,000 after discount and if we select the $9/ft, after discount about $800.

Maybe u can pop by their showroom and take a look, rather impressive as it gives us the high-end look. We were hestitated to go in at first but after talking to the sales person we placed a deposit of $200 with them.

Few days ago, met up with my contractor, together with the electrician, carpenter & painter, all at one go. That day decided on most of the things, such as choice of laminates, paint colours etc. Very eventful and all of them are very friendly and easy going.

Anyway I chose the following paint colours (Dulux Pentalite),

Living Room: Orchid White & Black

Kitchen: Orchid White

Master Bedroom: Stone Cave

Bedroom 2: Mulberry

Bedroom 3: Moss Green

Main Door: White

Bedroom Doors: Black

Laminates...

Kitchen Cabinets: Piano White

Master Bedroom Wardrobe: Regency Cherry (I think)

Bedroom Floors: Congo Ape (Supreme)

Electrical will start tomorrow i believe. And the plumber will install all the toilet accessories tomorrow too.

wow... everything sounds good.

What is orchid black I wonder... do take pictures when you can? I like the sounds of your paint! :)

Oh it's just black. my living room mostly will be in Orchid White and one part of the walls will be in black.

Hello people,

I've been loitering around this forum since last year and how thankful I am that this forum gives me hints/tips/advices on renovation matters. To cut the story short, I've already received by keys on my new home on 06/03/09 and most probably will start my renovations on 07/04/09. Anyway, I've engaged the services of Impress21 Build & Design for the renovation works. Nothing fancy in mind for my home (no feature wall/console and stuff), going for modern contemporary. Colour themes will be white, black and grey. Tiles are already chosen and most furniture and electrical appliances are already purchased (will post the photos in due time).

In the mean time, here is my floor plan.

Floorplan.jpg

The unit is valued at $300k and I managed to purchased it at S$290k. I'll be staying in the unit with my wifey and soon with 2 babies (twins!! :sport-smiley-018: )

My in-laws are just staying at the 2nd block in-front of my flat and my parents are residing one street away. Yeah hope everything will go smoothly. Exciting times ahead!

Congratulation on the twins. When expecting?

Some photos of my common toilet, just installed.

1240817363123.jpg

1240817341908.jpg

1240817378186.jpg

Anyway, whole house piping was done and the electrical wiring was also being done. On 30/04/09, Gain City personnels will come down to fix the air-con.

Earlier on, I also managed to get my blinds. Lazy to source for the blinds all over Singapore, so, I went to nearby curtain shops and got two quotations from two different shops. Chose the one with cheaper quotes (the other shop quote about $1300/-). Intially it is $960+ for blinds for my living area and Bedroom 3, but i change the blinds (Pay extra) for Bedroom 3 to a 'Total Blackout' blinds, meaning 100% block sunlight. For the living area i think it blocks 65% or 75% of sunlight. I chose Black fabric for the living area blinds and Metallic Grey for Bedroom 3. Total price including installation is S$1100. Paid S$100/- as deposit. They will come down to my place on Wednesday for further measurements.

Two days ago, also bought all the necessary lights from nearby Bright House Lightings. Again, didn't bother to go a distance to get the lights. All these while, I did the shopping alone. With my wife pregnancy (Now 7 mths!), I do not want to tire her out. And since she trusts my design tastes (haha!), she allowed me to go shopping on my own. Haha, so I decided to buy all the items in Tampines, save time, and importantly my energy, but money not really saved hehe.

well actually sometimes if you run around a lot and waste petrol/cab fare comparing prices you might spend more than you save eventually? I think what's impt is that you get what you like. :)

Congratulation on the twins. When expecting?

Mid July, but i believe should be earlier since its a twin pregnancy. My wife also tomorrow will start her hospitalization leave, so can rest at home. She is a primary school teacher by the way.

well actually sometimes if you run around a lot and waste petrol/cab fare comparing prices you might spend more than you save eventually? I think what's impt is that you get what you like. :)

Yeah, and with the weather we've been having these days, make me to decide not to run around too much.

Mid July, but i believe should be earlier since its a twin pregnancy. My wife also tomorrow will start her hospitalization leave, so can rest at home. She is a primary school teacher by the way.

That's wonderful. :thumbs up: The house is just in time to greet the 2 little ones... :sport-smiley-004:

Hey,

Earlier today, the aircon guys from Gain City came to install the aircon for my 3 rooms. They did a good job in my opinion. No complaint.

My Aircon.

20090430164220.jpg

Aircon in MBR

20090430163806.jpg

Aircon in Bedroom 2

1241081172810.jpg

Aircon in Bedroom 3

20090430164022.jpg

Aircon piping in MBR Toilet

1241081142283.jpg

Electrical wiring all done, just left to install the switches. My lights will come this Saturday. The L-box are also up.

Also went to Singapore expo today, there's this New Mum Exhibition. Initially, just wanted to look look see see, but ended up purchasing quite a number of things. Main buy of the day are 2 baby cots (4 in 1 type). So exciting buying baby stuff haha.