Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guy77

First Home

newnyew: gaincity told me no more trade in offer, then i just told my hackers to remove it lor. They even remove the compressor unit. All removed. So fast!!! :o

angel: yaya. i like to see guppies swim. the males have colourful tails. but the babies colours usually not as vibrant as their parents leh. :unsure:

need by next month bah. but i lazy to go those IT shows. if Gaincity deal is good, i just buy. hahaha. convenience matters for me. but i may still wait lah. IT show should be end of this month. see how.

rasp: the urban i intend to do in dining table there, the other urban maybe in my room under the book cabinets. the trees, on kitchen wall tiles, in living room, in my room. :dancingqueen:

rondy: Yes!!! I play mahjong!!! I am intending to buy mahjong table if my room can fit in the table. Haha... Goldfish i dunno how to keep. Always die. And the water always murky. Gave up. the french stall food heard very good. but opened so long, i also never patronise. hahaha. dun wan to be seen around my workplace. but i like going to mustafa at midnight!!! and do shopping and eat prata!!!

pinkpetter: i should be writing in chinese ;) excited about reno but also scared. visiting the house everyday. quite tiring also. haha...

familyof4: no problem. we help one another mah :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wei wei wei... yours is nearby already... don't complain. LOL ;)

But I can understand how tiring it is.. but it's also exciting to see new things up every day. :)

haha, ya lor. tat's why i can afford to "drop by" everyday. if too far, i think i will be plain lazy and visit only over the weekend. keke.

ya ya. later post pics of my reno 4th day progress!!!

Day 4 of Reno

Uncle called me in the afternoon asking me the tiles number. I am working so I asked my mum to bring the sample tiles over. But shortly, he called saying he will call Sin Lek to enquire.

Evening, I called him to ask him if I need to meet him to discuss the layout of the tiles and mosiac in the bathrooms. He said he will meet me tonight maybe. However, until now, he still is busy I think.

All the floors/ walls are hacked liao. Sand brought in liao. Tiles also brought in liao. But the tiler said won't start so fast tomorrow as they still need to do some preparation work I think. I asked them if they are working on Sat also, they said they might if the work they do is not noisy.

Pics time

DSC00207.jpg

sand in my living room

DSC00205.jpg

my tiles stacked nicely

DSC00206.jpg

my compressor unit already removed!

newnyew: gaincity told me no more trade in offer, then i just told my hackers to remove it lor. They even remove the compressor unit. All removed. So fast!!! :o

so fast no more trade in...

this weekend i must go ask le.

cos i wanna trade in mine in june. :notti:

Wah bro, ur reno's progress is very fast!! Our 2nd appointment date only 3 days apart, but ur reno started so much earlier.. Can't wait for mine to begin.. And good luck hor! :D

pink: ya ya. not yet tiling yet. still applying cement on the walls when i visited the house today

newnyew: gain city got new promos now. giving out vouchers with purchase. hmmm, good time to go buy tv liao. cos got free home theatre and $200 voucher. can consider. but i am going to ask them how about the things i ordered earlier, can i get vouchers also as i still have not pay deposit. keke. $200 more leh. enough for me to buy a microwave oven.

angel, rierie and metalsubzero: reno progress i dun noe ok or not. but everyday i will see people working in my house. i also dun bother uncle as to today the workers are doing what. but think should be ok bah. metal, ur reno will be swee swee also la. dun worry.

rondy: wah. mahjong mat. never see before. when when can have session. but i am usually free in june and dec only lah. normal times much difficult.

photos i took just now:

DSC00213.jpg

kitchen area

DSC00211.jpg

master bedroom

DSC00210.jpg

more sand and tiles.

the master tiler that growler is talking about is rather polite and obliging. still have not see his work yet.

called uncle just now. he said meet me at 11. but still no news. then i came back first. later in the afternoon then call again.

Edited by guy77

Ah How is very nice and obliging. The other uncle is a very quick worker and he will have his way of doing things. However, both are very professional and will rectify if you're not satisfied. A good example is my mosaic which was not straight for some pieces, they actually pried out some of them and replace them.

Their work is good. Hope aubrey can vouch for that when they start the tiling today.

just came back from my new house. called uncle just now and he came down from bishan at around 7.30pm. told him he ordered tiles for my rooms whereas I wanted parquet. he came and assured me he can change it without cost (if with cost, maybe i dun do parquet liao, dun wan him to lose money). bought him and his brother some bread and drinks before he went off. he told me blue_diamond has confirmed quotation. and he told me he knew i like fishes haha. my guppies story.

tiling already up. the work is done very fast lor. master bedroom bathroom tiles are up and kitchen wall tiles are up.

DSC00220.jpg

half of kitchen tiles already up

DSC00226.jpg

my master bedroom toilet's tiles also halfway up. feature wall thing up a bit only.

DSC00228.jpg

my mosaic for master bedroom.

growler: thanks for the assurance on the tilers. i agree ah how and gang is very pro. just saw their work and i must say :yeah:

pink: already some up liao. make my day better cos i really feel so sad after kena fly aeroplane for 3 days liao. keke. but seeing uncle just now makes me happy again as he assured me all will be well. told him feel bad calling him so many times and he said ok la, no problem.

Edited by guy77

ya lor. seeing him gives me the assurance. and he keep on telling me and my parents all will be good. he even told my mother no need to come everyday but my mother told him that she came everyday to buy drinks for the workers. uncle and his brother very touched.

working in their line not easy. if those engaging uncle, please remind him to eat meals la.