Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Hmmmm should I really top up for solid surface on the vanity top in MBR Toilet that has shower screen?

It will help to protect your cabinet from some water.. So better top up..

Is it better to leave a gap behind the basin or in front or both?

btw how tall is the vanity top from floor? + basin?

It looks nicer to leave some gap in front of the basin.. As for the gap behind the basin, it depends if your basin is wall mount or not...

I see. Hasn't thought of a towel holder. Nice nice. :D

It's a towel holder indeed.. Funny to have toilet paper hanging above.. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

everytime, I see this holder. It remind me of the ID who did my parent's house. She put the holder just like what was in the pic....and she say..."Is for the toilet paper!" I end up asking her to sit on the toilet bowl....okie..imagine u just finish your business.. You turn to your right or left to take toilet paper from the back? Or do you stand up first, turn to the holder...tear some pieces; turn back sit on the bowl again..then u wipe your back side..

everytime, I see this holder. It remind me of the ID who did my parent's house. She put the holder just like what was in the pic....and she say..."Is for the toilet paper!" I end up asking her to sit on the toilet bowl....okie..imagine u just finish your business.. You turn to your right or left to take toilet paper from the back? Or do you stand up first, turn to the holder...tear some pieces; turn back sit on the bowl again..then u wipe your back side..

haha this is hilarious. ID no brainer.

It will help to protect your cabinet from some water.. So better top up..

It looks nicer to leave some gap in front of the basin.. As for the gap behind the basin, it depends if your basin is wall mount or not...

~ $ $ ~ Height of vanity top let me know ya =)

MBR Toilet is tabletop mount ...however the idea of leaving a gap behind the basin...is to allow drying opportunity. Moisture + Hard to reach = Mouldy?

One of ID also told me to leave enough gap between shower screen and top...so that you can reach across to wipe.

hello smartie,

Can I check if you're using a one piece toilet bowl?

Went to check around the toilet bowls and the salegirl say there's 1-piece and those HDB type.

The salesgirl told us 1-piece nicer but price more ex.

That's all.

But actually what is the difference?

I'm new to this forum. My friend told me I can learn alot here.

And indeed, I can also see alot VERY BEAUTIFUL renovation.

Your toilet is one very nice piece. Earthy tone type. Just the type of colour I want for my toilets.

The ID is really really dumb.. :D

MBR Toilet is tabletop mount ...however the idea of leaving a gap behind the basin...is to allow drying opportunity. Moisture + Hard to reach = Mouldy?

One of ID also told me to leave enough gap between shower screen and top...so that you can reach across to wipe.

Ooppss.. Missed your earlier post.. Go back to measure and let you know tomorrow.. Yup, it's impt to leave enough gap between the shower screen and top.. At least 2 to 3" bah.. So far I dun have problems with wall mount basin, never heard of the mouldy part so far.. Think it depends on how big your toilet is, if the cabinet cannot be make bigger, no point having gaps in front and behind..

hello smartie,

Went to check around the toilet bowls and the salegirl say there's 1-piece and those HDB type.

That's all.

Your toilet is one very nice piece. Earthy tone type. Just the type of colour I want for my toilets.

Yes.. Ours is 1 piece toilet bowl.. It's usually more expensive than the 2 piece ones.. Ours costs around $450 if i rem correctly.. Besides the fact that 1 piece ones are nicer, I find that it's easier to wipe.. It does not have as many corners as the 2 piece ones.. Other than that, I dun see much difference... :)

Have fun here.. There's a lot of experienced forumers here who can give very good advice..

hello booy,

noticed that you're also using

Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 Inverter.

What is the BTU?

How much you pay for it?

Today was going around to ask, they say next month aircon price going to increase again.

they also say the price just adjusted 2 weeks ago.

hello booy,

What is the BTU?

How much you pay for it?

Today was going around to ask, they say next month aircon price going to increase again.

Hee.. This kind of technical qn have to wait for Smartie to answer.. Smartie, where are you?

Officially locked the door today.. Now the home is ours!

Spent half the day cleaning up, now our home is sparkling clean.. Still a bit more cleaning to go tomorrow.. But at least it's ready for the furnitures tomorrow.. hooray.. More pictures coming.. :)

Spent half the day cleaning up, now our home is sparkling clean.. Still a bit more cleaning to go tomorrow.. But at least it's ready for the furnitures tomorrow.. hooray.. More pictures coming.. :)

Ohhhhhh this is so exciting!!! I also can't wait to experience that too!!! Hee

hello booy,

What is the BTU?

How much you pay for it?

Compressor is MXY-4A28VA. Around 30k BTU/hr.

Living room fancoil 22k BTU, the 3 rooms 9k each.

Paid around 4k with bracket, Armaflex 1/2-inch insulation and 5-year extended warranty.

Edited by smartie

hello smartie,

That's all.

... for 2 piece toilet bowls, there are two joint lines. one from the bowl to the floor where the pipe is and the other is from the flush thing and the base. there is a higher chance of it leaking (most will leak from the second joint line) Sometimes you see it happening in public toilets? ;)

SO for one-piece toilet bowls you lessen the chance of that happening. But then if you think about it if the two piece ones are cheap enough... then when it's spoilt you just change it lor. :P

My one piece toilet bowl costs $299 and comes with a small sink. :)

YAY CONGRATULATIONS! wow half day only and it's clean?? That's good!

Looking forward to pictures!! I love that toilet pic!

Compressor is MXY-4A28VA. Around 30k BTU/hr.

Living room fancoil 22k BTU, the 3 rooms 9k each.

Paid around 4k with bracket, Armaflex 1/2-inch insulation and 5-year extended warranty.

thanks smartie.

erm... normally insulation comes with 3/8 inch. (if i'm not wrong)

you used 1/2 inch insulation, is it better to reduce sweating?

The height of the vanity from floor is 200mm.. Height of entire vanity (excluding corian top is 440mm).. Corian top is 80mm.. In total, 720mm from the floor..