Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trashley

Turning A House Into A Place We Can Call Home

1. Hope we can use CPF again to buy the 2nd home. OR do we need to use bank loan ebcause we are 2nd time buyers? Any ideas?

u can definitely use CPF to buy house, no matter your 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

u can still take HDB loan if u upgrade, meaning from a 5rm to EA/EM/EC but you will have to take a bank loan if u get a 5rm.

2. We are wondering how much it costs to renovate a flat, say EM, a standard as yours and finding a good ID company. Can you PM me your ineterior design quote or estimate of renovation cost for a EM?

PMed.

3. Is your housing agent good and can recommend? We hope to find one who is genuinely responsible and takes the effort to work with us on our financial plan and not just to seal the deal. Not sure which website is good to find reliable agents or can any other readers advise?

i cant advise u on this as i'm not really impressed with my agent's serivce to recommend him to you.

Edited by trashley

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Was checking out the forums posted by homebuyers and chanced upon yours. My wife and I are very excited when reading your postings aqnd happy for you and your family. Thank you for sharing the plans you have for your dream home.

We are staying in woodlands now and are thinking of buying a EM or 5-room unit in Yishun to be closer to my in-laws. After working out the sums, I believe if I sell my present 5-room flat and have some cash balance after repaying CPF to really renovate our next home. Although the Yishun flats are older, the layout is much better than new flats and location is a big plus. But taking this step is a big decision for both of us and we are not sure if our simplistic computations is correct. Before contacting a housing agent, we need more comments and help from you and other readers....

1. Hope we can use CPF again to buy the 2nd home. OR do we need to use bank loan ebcause we are 2nd time buyers? Any ideas?

2. We are wondering how much it costs to renovate a flat, say EM, a standard as yours and finding a good ID company. Can you PM me your ineterior design quote or estimate of renovation cost for a EM?

3. Is your housing agent good and can recommend? We hope to find one who is genuinely responsible and takes the effort to work with us on our financial plan and not just to seal the deal. Not sure which website is good to find reliable agents or can any other readers advise?

Many thanks. Looking forward to more photos from you too!!!

Cheers!

Me staying in woodlands and moving to an EA @ bukit panjang in june...

1) Guess you are doing an upgrading like me, no prob getting HDB loan...i got it...

2) so far for mine EA quotation is from 30k to 40k depending for all floorings, kitchen and toilet overhaul, false celings, doing some partition here and there....

3) My agent very self motivated and responsible one...i think the way she talk , she quite convincing....and she work out the financial planning for us as well as help to get a better valuation report.....i guess there's no 100% perfect agent or reno contractor...Its a matter of how comfy you are with the person and most important can communicate with so if there's anything that needs clarification or retification,we can talk to them....

Hope it helps you!!

Cheers!!!

Hi All,

Many thanks for the helpful information. We are quite excited to get started on our house hunting and will start a post when this happens...

Have a good week everyone.

Cheers!

OM Home

IMG_0089.jpg

Univonne

IMG_0095.jpg

short listed the above 2 choices for sofa. will definitely be taking black.

having quite a hard time deciding.

what do u guys think? which would u choose?

--------------------------------------------

Safer to go with black which hides stains and markings. But i guess it's also important to keep your choices to within your color theme for the living room so as to match the lighting/coffee table/rugs etc... Cheers!

hi there, just happened to stumble onto your thread and wow your price is fantastic for an EM! :) hoping for more pics to come for your house!

Wow your price for an EM is **** worth it... I should take sometime looking at Yishun too.. But Hubby find it inconvenient for him and I don understand leh :bangwall:

We bought our EA @ Sembawang 400k, 144sqm. I love the feeling of urs double storey.... Divide accordingly.. ours is a stretch of lane...

Wait for your lovely pics and welcome your lovely kids too.

#1 is boy or gal & #2?

I have 2 gals :) hehehe

OM Home

IMG_0089.jpg

Univonne

IMG_0095.jpg

short listed the above 2 choices for sofa. will definitely be taking black.

having quite a hard time deciding.

what do u guys think? which would u choose?

If for practical reasons, i would vote for black. but for nice and design wise, i would go for white colour. but then the other day i went down to OM furniture, happen 2 pass by, i almost got a heart attack when i looked at the price tag. $3k plus for a sofa! wana faint oredi. the black sofa how much?

If for practical reasons, i would vote for black. but for nice and design wise, i would go for white colour. but then the other day i went down to OM furniture, happen 2 pass by, i almost got a heart attack when i looked at the price tag. $3k plus for a sofa! wana faint oredi. the black sofa how much?

the one in the picture is actually brown, and its a display set on sale. priced at $1699 before GST and delivery charges.

they actually have 2 range of leather to choose from, thin and thick, both Italian leather. for new piece in thick leather, price is around $2600-2800 if i remember correctly.

dun be overwhelmed by the price tag, they are all before discount. if i'm not wrong, all their furniture have discounts from 10-30%. i like their sofa but too bad it doesnt fit my house theme. you can drop by their joo seng showroom, they have alot of display sets on sale and all in pristine condition.

we have decided to get the univonna piece in black in half leather, only considering whether to get 2.8m or 3m.

Edited by trashley

hi all, been awhile since i last updated on my reno progress. tiling is finally done, gonna start work on electrical, plumbing and plastering next week. will try to upload some pics.

settled all sanitary wares and lightings on the labour day holiday and burned a VERY VERY big hole. **** heart pain cos didnt expect to spend so much.

kitchen and bathroom wares from LOOKZ

total spent: $3,800

1 x 25L Joven storage heater

2 x W/C

2 x wash basin

2 x overflow pop up waste

1 x rainshower set

1 x set of 6 bathroom accessories

1 x set of 7 bathroom accessories

2 x spray rinser

2 x angle valve

1 x granite kitchen sink

1 x kitchen sink mixer

2 x basin bottle trap

2 x sink bottle trap

1 x Hansgrohe set (basin mixer, bath mixer, raindance air 3jet)

lighting from LICHT STUDIO

total spent: $3380

1 x dining light

29 x PLC

6 x halogen

1 x staircase spiral light

1 x small crystal light

2 x toilet round lights

4 x crestar 54" airvac

1 x kitchen light

4 x t5 tube

19 x 4ft cove light

2 x 6ft cove light

1 x utility room light (FOC)

1 x wired doorbell (FOC)

Edited by trashley

after overspending on lighting and bathroom wares, had to cut back on budget for furniture.

had to ditch the univonna sofa :~

instead, we went for the cellini flexi package for $1,998,

- L-shaped sofa

- queen bedframe

- nightingale orthopedic master mattress

- 2 x nightingale pillow (FOC)

thanks to my FIL who found this gem of a shop along maude road that does wholesale hob and hood.

i got my hard to find Rinnai 4 burner hob for $500 and Ellane hood (stainless steel, 1200m³/hr suction) for $250.

Rinnai RB-4EB

Picture1-2.png

Edited by trashley

hmmm.... tot most ple will cut back on kitchen/sanitary wares for better furnitures instead of the other way round? :P

hehe...

i didnt expect to spend so much when i bought the wares on friday :bangwall: , so bo pian have to cut back budget when i buy my furniture on sat. :P