Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
limlim

Timber Shop At Jurong East

Hey people,I was recommended to a shop at Jurong East that sells all types of wood. They have plywood, solid wood and all types of wood cut to size. Hahah. Just a small secret that i have found. The nice uncle will even cut for you and he really has all tpes of wood. I found a Acrylic Sheet for my project from there last week. Was shocked and will be going there to but metal for my shelf. Address is blk 348 Jurong east street 31. its the shop with alot of birds. Not sure about the shop number. anyone knows the exact number?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey people,I was recommended to a shop at Jurong East that sells all types of wood. They have plywood, solid wood and all types of wood cut to size. Hahah. Just a small secret that i have found. The nice uncle will even cut for you and he really has all tpes of wood. I found a Acrylic Sheet for my project from there last week. Was shocked and will be going there to but metal for my shelf. Address is blk 348 Jurong east street 31. its the shop with alot of birds. Not sure about the shop number. anyone knows the exact number?

Hi4p H1n Tim8er M3rch4nts & Tr4din8

348 Jurong East Avenue 1 #01-1245,

Singapore 600348

Phone: 65653634

Hi4p H1n Tim8er M3rch4nts & Tr4din8

348 Jurong East Avenue 1 #01-1245,

Singapore 600348

Phone: 65653634

Do they help to do laminate?

I am looking for carpenter that can help to redo my kitchen cabinet laminate.

just decided to add the price of timber after getting the price for some materials.

For the 1/4 inch plywood is $26 for a 4ft*8ft

For the half inch plywood, it is $44 for a large piece of 4ft*8ft. all wood is sold in this dimension

for the 5/8 inch plywood with one side laminated is $54 for the large piece of 4ft*8ft.

So after seeing the prices listed here, i realised they are selling it quite reasonably. if you are buying more than 2 piece, you can negotiate the price abit. haha. and yes, i bought a makita jigsaw to saw my kitchen top for $100 if i didnt remember wrongly. So yah. if you got any enquires, i can pass you all the phone number to call.

Hi Lim Lim, do you have a picture of the one side laminated wood? Do they sell laminating sheets? Tks.

hi,

I think what he meant is 1 side laminated white... like those wood used for the interior of cabinet.... there are those that are 2 side laminated as well... like those that are used as the divider of the cabinet...

yes, price is pretty okay..... but not the cheapest.....

if the lamination is actually formica laminating, wow, then I stand corrected, they are cheap..... I was enquiring over the weekend, a piece of formica is $30+.

Teck Chye

wonder if they have outdoor wood like balau? Looking for wood to DIY my balcony deck.

wonder if they have outdoor wood like balau? Looking for wood to DIY my balcony deck.

Okie one thread to reply all.

Yes, they have one side laminated and 2 side laminated. Got sprayed white laminated plywood too. Not paper stick ones. more durable and dont peel off so quickly.

Yes they got outdoor wood like chengai.

And they can cut round, but use jigsaw law. so is not the super round type. Straight they use bench saw so sure very straight. haha

Hi,

U can try another shop in Defu Lane 10, Blk 7. Yee Heng Teak Products. They supply timber of all types. U can call to ask if they have Balau wood.

Cheers

actually many furniture shops can cut timber. but will be quite expensive. that day i bought a new cupboard and wanted to add a piece of plywood to partition the cupboard. 1 feet by 3 feet. the guy said can, will cost me 40. thats the price of a whole piece of wood at the timber shop i frequent. geesh. I said never mind, you send to my place i will find my own plywood. the boss even said his is the cheapest in town. the whole cupboard cost me 180 only. imagine the wood is so expensive compared to it.

up my findings. going to fix a store room shelve, the going market price is at 9 dollars for angle iron 10 feet long. but this shop is selling 8 dollars for above 20. so those who doing shelfing and know what is an angle iron, you all can try.

Do they really have different kinds of woods including plywoods with a high quality.

Our house need some a little reconstruction and I need some different woods to work on it.

Do you think this shop is best solution for my problem?

eerm u got to ask dude, cause we only use normal plywood. they have waterproof ones though not sure if good enough for you. i ever ordered some solid wood which is waterproof from a timber factory in Sungei road. you have to buy in bulk as i was redoing the garden, so needed alot. they could import all sorts of wood then plane to specification. I remembered the 2 by 3 inch solid wood with a length of 10 feet cost me about 40 dollars a length. they promised me could even deep in to water a year and not spoil. but i really have not tried it. i used the wood for my garden and that was it.

Pool Repair