Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kthc

New Home In Sembawang

Mine is 339B, slightly west facing. We did consider hacking the wall of one of the rooms to make it MBR larger but we've decided to keep the room for now. Will only hack half of the kitchen wall to make a counter and to provide some sense of space for the tiny kitchen.

For the kitchen, to maximise the space, we'll be making a U shape cabinet with sink facing the new opening, hob opp the window and a tall cabinet & tiny workspace at the opposite wall. Leaving just sufficient space for fridge and washing machine. A little tight but since we don't cook that often, should be passable.

Am moving from Wellington Circle to there. We've considered other places but decided to stick to Sembawang for now, other places stick relatively high.

Hi kthc, Johnson here. I'm staying in a 4 rm at blk 339A.

Am thinking of upgrading to a bigger flat something like yours.

We hope to move to the same area because me & my wife really like this place very much especially it's near the Sun Plaza & MRT.

How much did you pay for your 5 room?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You can use this link to search for a rough idea of what’s available and how much, Saturday papers also helps too: http://www2.realink21.com/npp2/PL_HDB.aspx

I got mine for $360k, but from following the recent transactions, this price is still very hard to get. Btw, if you interested, my agent has a unit (which we also viewed, at 339B, high floor). I can PM you his contact if you like. Nice guy, not pushy and we were very comfortable with him & his partner and very pleasantly surprised at the prices they’ve gotten for us, both buying & selling.

wow.. 339B.. I used to stay in 339A 5 room corner house but mid low floor ... Stay for almost 8 years being the 1st owner...

But i sold n move out as it can be less bright and windy below #7.

So Johnson which floor at 339A you stay? kekeke

The 339 side facing MRT tracks and carpark can be a bit warm from the evening sun...

But I miss my old place .... my first unit with a lots of setiments esp my kids grew there and went thru many life events there.... sob sob

We also viewed 339A, a unit below #7 (maybe your unit;) but didn't like it cos the view was the carpark roof....

I share your sentiments about the old place. Now that we've sold our flat, we sort of remembered the hardwork and little events we did when starting our lives together...

We also viewed 339A, a unit below #7 (maybe your unit;) but didn't like it cos the view was the carpark roof....

I share your sentiments about the old place. Now that we've sold our flat, we sort of remembered the hardwork and little events we did when starting our lives together...

Hahaha No possible la.. I sold mine last year like June at its peak.

Spend 6 months renovating and I am now few months happily settled down in new place with "new life" liao.

Btw 339 is a good place with lots of convenience... enjoy staying there...

Yup, definitely not your unit, the reno wasn't as nice as yours.

6 months renovation, must be very nice. Show some pictures if you can. Enjoy your 'upgrade' to Bishan :D

Today, its my wife turn to harass HDB…. Left a msg last Wednesday, no reply….

Your thread setup already??? Want to see more of your designs, my wife said your foam model very nice:)

Some updates:

We when to Jln Besar to source for the bathroom fittings and kitchen hob+hood. Ordered from Royal Franco in the end, fair prices and also tired to search liao… 2 WCs, 2 sinks, 2 taps, 1 mixer, 1 shower set, 1 rain-shower set, a glass hob+hood, 1 granite sink & Smallboy’s fan for nearly $3k... Anything else we’ve missed? We’ve missed out the hose thing to wash toilets,

But if you are interested in Hoe Kee, look for Winston at Jln Besar, very pleasant and knowledgeable guy. Didn’t get from them cos the total package is more expensive but mainly because we’ve choose quality stuff like made in Italy mixers+taps and such. Also went to Asia Excel in IMM on Friday night, had the pleasure to meet with Tommy who spent lots of time with us and extended his closing time to entertain us. Didn’t get from them cos we wanted a granite sink….

Some questions:

Any recommendations for a system 4 aircon? Brand and installers too if you have. With the GSS, maybe June maybe able to get a good offer but shortlisting some brands for now.

Btw, anyone used Havey Norman for their aircon installation before? Any comments/feedback? There’s some aircon sale by them this week.

Today, its my wife turn to harass HDB…. Left a msg last Wednesday, no reply….

Your thread setup already??? Want to see more of your designs, my wife said your foam model very nice:)

Some updates:

We when to Jln Besar to source for the bathroom fittings and kitchen hob+hood. Ordered from Royal Franco in the end, fair prices and also tired to search liao… 2 WCs, 2 sinks, 2 taps, 1 mixer, 1 shower set, 1 rain-shower set, a glass hob+hood, 1 granite sink & Smallboy’s fan for nearly $3k... Anything else we’ve missed? We’ve missed out the hose thing to wash toilets,

But if you are interested in Hoe Kee, look for Winston at Jln Besar, very pleasant and knowledgeable guy. Didn’t get from them cos the total package is more expensive but mainly because we’ve choose quality stuff like made in Italy mixers+taps and such. Also went to Asia Excel in IMM on Friday night, had the pleasure to meet with Tommy who spent lots of time with us and extended his closing time to entertain us. Didn’t get from them cos we wanted a granite sink….

is the mixer what we also call the 2 way tap? coz i missed out that one....

have you confirmed on using Yeak?

Edited by preciousjam

is the mixer what we also call the 2 way tap? coz i missed out that one....

have you confirmed on using Yeak?

think mixer is the hot & cold water tap. :P

so no need to 2 way tap liao....haha ;)

Haha yah loh. Or maybe will need one for the common toilet? Cuz will need a tap to use to get water for mopping, etc. :dunno:

Haha yah loh. Or maybe will need one for the common toilet? Cuz will need a tap to use to get water for mopping, etc. :dunno:

oh ya, that's true.....hopefully kthc know which one we are talking about....

Some questions:

Any recommendations for a system 4 aircon? Brand and installers too if you have. With the GSS, maybe June maybe able to get a good offer but shortlisting some brands for now.

Btw, anyone used Havey Norman for their aircon installation before? Any comments/feedback? There’s some aircon sale by them this week.

I used All Best, IMM. Brand - Mitsubishi. Their prices seem to be slightly cheaper compared to others. Look for Mr. Teo (if I rem correctly. He's the only old gentleman there). They have their own installers, and they did a good job with mine. :)

By the way, I was looking through the items u bought. No storage heater? :P

Edited by Angel81