Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kthc

New Home In Sembawang

Might even start on the 9th itself.... maybe place some picture of my mgnt on the floor and start using a hammer crack a few tiles :P

Should be a good stress reliever

Oh that's great! Hehe, so exciting! Finally can see the start of ur reno. :)

mine is going to start on the 10th, juz 1 day after urs

think our reno progress will be around the same liao loh but may be mine will be slightly delay coz in betwn i will be having hdb contractor to do repair jobs...

Hehe, no probs lar. Can always get hdb contractors to come when Yeak's workers are doing stuff that won't clash. :) So at least u won't need to b there the whole time and Yeak's workers can help u keep an eye on the hdb contractors. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
mine is going to start on the 10th, juz 1 day after urs

think our reno progress will be around the same liao loh but may be mine will be slightly delay coz in betwn i will be having hdb contractor to do repair jobs...

Think yours will be earlier, cos Yeak said we'll need to apply for renovation permit and I have the impression he'll apply after we've gotten the keys.

So yours and ours will be done more or less together :thumbs up:

Oh that's great! Hehe, so exciting! Finally can see the start of ur reno. :)

Hehe, no probs lar. Can always get hdb contractors to come when Yeak's workers are doing stuff that won't clash. :) So at least u won't need to b there the whole time and Yeak's workers can help u keep an eye on the hdb contractors. :)

Thanks, seems like so long ago but I've just checked, only late April when we first started looking for reno ideas...

are you gonna hack walls? if thats the case den need a few days....some can be approved immediately, some longer.....

Just part of the kitchen wall to make a simple counter between the kitchen and living room. He said maybe 3 days to get the permit.

Just part of the kitchen wall to make a simple counter between the kitchen and living room. He said maybe 3 days to get the permit.

once it gets started will be fast...later like me, you wished the reno will slow down abit.... :sport-smiley-018:

ya, i have checked with yeak on the date which is convenient for the HDB guys to come and work... he told me to let them come on the 18th and he will let his worker to work on other areas first... tricky situation... HDB doing flooring and yeak will be doing the wall tiles and piping... initially, i wanted to let the HDB contractor to do the work for the whole toilet but their price is too :jawdrop: liao... almost $3k to replace the wall tiles ($2.20 psf) and piping for 1 MBR toilet... daylight robber...

ya, i have checked with yeak on the date which is convenient for the HDB guys to come and work... he told me to let them come on the 18th and he will let his worker to work on other areas first... tricky situation... HDB doing flooring and yeak will be doing the wall tiles and piping... initially, i wanted to let the HDB contractor to do the work for the whole toilet but their price is too :jawdrop: liao... almost $3k to replace the wall tiles ($2.20 psf) and piping for 1 MBR toilet... daylight robber...

thought hdb supposed to be cheaper....

Tulips, how come you have HDB repairing your place? Resale flat right? Last time, when HDB's contractor did my cement screeding, they took their own sweet time to get it done, so do look out for that.

Ask for your opinions, we've more or less finalised the tiles but now having 2nd thoughts. Our bathroom wall tiles all matt type and I have the impression that it'll be harder to scrub dirt off, thus more maintenance needed. Am I right?

Tulips, how come you have HDB repairing your place? Resale flat right? Last time, when HDB's contractor did my cement screeding, they took their own sweet time to get it done, so do look out for that.

ya, mine is a resale flat. My neighbour downstair is having celling leak in their MBR toilet tat y HDB will be doing the repair work for us. They are suppose to complete work by 3 days and if they take their own sweet time I will definitely feedback to the HDB officer.

Ask for your opinions, we've more or less finalised the tiles but now having 2nd thoughts. Our bathroom wall tiles all matt type and I have the impression that it'll be harder to scrub dirt off, thus more maintenance needed. Am I right?

heard that glossy tiles easier to wipe and clean....that's what the sales person at hafary told me....

Our tile selection: MBR bathroom

3607397786_fd687c305d.jpg

the mosiac very nice...realise they have different shapes...is it in one piece or different pieces of mosiac?