Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GrandPaPa

Feng Shui Tips

Water feature

Many people think that having water feature or aquarium will bring wealth into the house, that is only half true (half false).

Where to put water feature is very important, if that sector is a bad sector it will actually activate disharmony, illness, scandal and other bad things.

But if you put it at the right place it will bring wealth. It is better to seek professional advice before you decide where to place the water feature.

But then again... there are so many lousy Feng shui master out there...maybe its better not to seek their advice...haha

Some things to take note,

1) Keep the water clean!! Dirty water dont bring wealth and dirty water if place at bad sector will multiple more bad things!!

2)The size of the feature must be propotional to your house or room. Feng Shui is about balance, if the balance is upset, doesnt matter if you put it at the right place.

3) Loud water flowing/gushing sound is unfavorable to family cohesion, do not think that water sound means good for wealth.

4) You will also need to know if that area needs Yin or Yang water. If that area need moving water, placing a tank with one fighting fish does not help.

5) Of all places, DO NOT put water feature in North sector this year until 4 FEB 2010, illness and all bad things will be activated, if you dont belive, you can always put it there and share your experience here. haha

GrandPaPa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bells and wind chimes

I realise some people like to put metallic bells and wind chimes at the door, so that when people open the door they will know. especially for shops.

you will need to be very careful of metallic bells and chimes. sounds from them are strong metal elements. although it is very effective in weakening bad energies like 5 yellow that causes bad and negative things to happen. It may affect your wealth if put wrongly.

first of all from now till 2023 the wealth elements from flying stars are 8,9,1 which is earth, fire and water.

if you understand how elements react to each other,

metal attacks earth 8 (weaken 8)

fire 9 attacks metal ( 9 becomes weaker)

metal produce water 1 ( 1 become stronger)

if your door is capturing wealth star 8 and 9, having a metallic bell in front will weaken your wealth !!!

However if you house is having wealth star 1 then it might be good to have.

If after putting the bell and realising your business become worse, the best thing is to take it down.

Please let me know if you like the tips, then I will write more. :D

GrandPaPa

Edited by GrandPaPa

I thought there are ppl who put "PI CHIU" , "QILIN" , "Zhao Cai Mao" some put symbolic item "Fu Gui Wu Di Qian"

Hi. Read from a certain website that having a bronze Guan Gong statuette at the living room negates bad energy, specifically spirits and kind. How true's that and where is the right spot to put one.

Symbolic Feng Shui

In Traditional Feng Shui, it is independent of religon, it has to to with time and space and the flow of Qi.

Using the basics of forms and elements to provide remedy or enhancement. The basic elements are metal, wood, water,fire,earth.

There are colors associated with each element, and also shapes, and of cos its basic elements, e.g metallic objects or white color are metal element, real water or blue and black is water element.

Symbolic Feng Shui is something I would call new age feng shui. I gives people alot of conveniences and most people would prefer so call quick fix solution

Placing an item here and there it will bring wealth. Placing an item here and there it will suppress bad energies. But does it necessary work?

Most master that recommend buying of items will state generically everyone's house. south must put this item, north must put that item, east must put that item and so on....

The thing about fengshui is that every house has its unique energy flow and energy chart, based on the surrounding and also the direction of the house facing, whether which window and doors are use more often and also the layout of the house, the decorations in terms of colors and elements, the time the house was completed or when was the major renovation and many other factors...

With so many factors, how can a real feng shui master say that every house is generic? everyone can place certain items in certain directions? the remedy for each house will be different because everyhouse is unique. In traditional feng shui, only basic elements are necessary for remedy. you can read some feng shui classic to know this is true. in ancient times, many of these feng shui items do not exists.

You will ask, then why are there so many "FSM" recommending feng shui items then? as you know, a traditional feng shui master that practice classical fengshui will not sell feng shui items, their income is limited by the amount of clients they can serve, and there is a limit on how much they can make my giving consultation. If a FSM started to sell feng shui items he will make more money, in order to reach out to a mass market, they will say everyone's house is generic just need to buy this set of items to fix your house. And of couse every season there will be different set of items you need to buy, if not how they make more money out of you?

I believe symbolic items will help people make alot of money, only to the people that sells them.

Some people will argue that, yes, i put this item and i suddenly got alot of better luck, better business. how is it so?

Symbolic feng shui items are made of different material and colors. There is a 50% chance of placing the right material or right color at the place that needed them. as for how is what is the symolic items, it is not so important. One thing to note, different animals do have a different elements associated with it too.

The other thing is , do not underestimate the power of your own intention.

If you say, oh i bought this expensive lucky wealth thingy, it is going to bring me more business. you may be creating your own believe system, making your self more confident and optimistic started to meet more clients and in the end did achieve better business. the same effect if someone give you a piece of ordinary rock and tell you, it will bring you luck, and you started believing it.

It is harmless, placing some nice looking symbolic items in your house, sometimes, if it looks good, you feels good too. But you dont need to spend a few hundred dollars for some plastic or glass items.... that is a too much.

some people will say that their items are blessed and stuffs, well for that, it is really difficult to proof as it is going into the spiritual area with is beyong feng shui. ask yourself if you are ready to deal with this spiritual stuffs or spirits in your house....usually "FSM" that sells symbolic items will tell you it is blessed by them or some master, if not how they mark up the price many times, else you can get it from the wholesaler at a much cheaper rate.

after reading this article, some people will disagree and still continue to buy symbolic items, that is because people still want a quick fix solution that they think will solve their problems fast, others has aready developed a believe system and habits, and old habits are hard to get rid....

so if you need to get a fix on your addictions, there are wholesalers along race course road that sell feng shui items at wholesaler price. at least you dont get con to buy items that are mark up so many times.

GrandPaPa

Edited by GrandPaPa

Unscrupulous Feng Shui "Master"

Some people wants to buy a new house, so they get FSM to check the feng shui of the new place to see if it is good.

You have to be careful when the FSM start to recommend another place which is not the house you find yourself.

I have heard a few cases of this happening, the FSM keep saying that the house the buyer found is no good, and recommend them some other houses instead and said that the feng shui is very good. Some of this Unscrupulous FSM has some tie up with property agents and get a good commisson for doing so. So please becareful! Make sure you get a reliable FSM.

GrandPaPa

I only knows that FSM like to ask their client to put money plant at their corridor. They say to improve wealth luck.

GrandPapa, do u wanna tell us that when we water the plants in the morning, they are producing oxygen. When we

intake more oxygen we become happier and having clearer mind. So we feel more refresh.

Hey alan26. Be nice. I want to hear what GrandPapa has to say lei.

The water from my water feature keeps splattering out. I thought it signifies 'lou cai', so I placed 4 pots of money plant next to it so the water won't go to waste ma.

Is it advisable, Grandpapa?

Is it true that some fsm will ask you to buy items that hang at the window (due to poison arrow external) and when he walked around your new house, he point almost all the window, means all the window need to hang the things.

How true is that?

Hi GrandPa,

How about those bamboo chimps?

OK to hang at the living room window?

Happy

Bells and wind chimes

I realise some people like to put metallic bells and wind chimes at the door, so that when people open the door they will know. especially for shops.

you will need to be very careful of metallic bells and chimes. sounds from them are strong metal elements. although it is very effective in weakening bad energies like 5 yellow that causes bad and negative things to happen. It may affect your wealth if put wrongly.

first of all from now till 2023 the wealth elements from flying stars are 8,9,1 which is earth, fire and water.

if you understand how elements react to each other,

metal attacks earth 8 (weaken 8)

fire 9 attacks metal ( 9 becomes weaker)

metal produce water 1 ( 1 become stronger)

if your door is capturing wealth star 8 and 9, having a metallic bell in front will weaken your wealth !!!

However if you house is having wealth star 1 then it might be good to have.

If after putting the bell and realising your business become worse, the best thing is to take it down.

Please let me know if you like the tips, then I will write more. :D

GrandPaPa

GrandPaPa,

I read up this article and it said sofa is best to lean against a solid wall, which symbolise stability/no worries (wall along corridor not considered a solid wall) but our house layout is unable to do that. We have to put the sofa in the mid length of the hall. Dining area is behind the sofa. Is there any method to turn it in favour to us?

Edited by spoiltbabe

Hello SPOI...same as your layout....sofa middle, behind sofa, dinning table....being looking for solution too. Or rather just leave it like that?

GrandPaPa,

I read up this article and it said sofa is best to lean against a solid wall, which symbolise stability/no worries (wall along corridor not considered a solid wall) but our house layout is unable to do that. We have to put the sofa in the mid length of the hall. Dining area is behind the sofa. Is there any method to turn it in favour to us?

Plants and wood elements

As i mention in earlier post, in period 8, wealth element is 8,9 and 1 in the flying star

8 = earth

9= fire

1 = water

Wood attack earth (bad for wealth)

wood support fire (good for wealth)

Wood weaken water (bad for wealth)

if there is wealth element 8 or 1, if you put plants or wood elements there it is bad for wealth, it will minimize it

there is only a 33.333% that you put them in the right place. so it is still safer not to have too much plants or wood elements, inside or outside house.

especially outside. sometimes there is no choice, most furniture is made of wood. but plants are stronger energy.

wooden wind chime is stong wood energy. if you realise that you hang one at your window and it affects your wealth negatively, my advise is to take it down.

it is not easy to use wood elements.

dead/dried flowers or plants are very bad for fengshui