Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GrandPaPa

Feng Shui Tips

The house I am interested in is a corner unit, at the end of quite a long corridor. Since it is the last unit on the floor, it is located next to the staircase and the corridor in front of my house is quite dark. Is that ok or do I need to do somethingto brighten it up?

Another issue is that the house layout is in such a way that the moment we walk into the house, the kitchen is right next to the main door. My hubby quite worried about this, does it have a bad feng shui in any way?

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Sorry cant comment on anything until the compass reading is taken and chart is plotted...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sorry cant comment on anything until the compass reading is taken and chart is plotted...

It is written in the house valuation report that the the house is facing north. Does that mean that the house main entrance is in the North direction? Most of the windows are at the opposite side of the main entrance though (means windows for the bedrooms, balcony, etc)

I also would like to know what is the meaning of North-South facing?

No I dont know who is Mr Chong

Mr Chong is giving free feng shui advice right at the bottom of renotalk page.

"The weird thing is that people in a good luck period, randomly choose a house, will be more likely to choose one that has good feng shui. while one that is in bad luck will likely to choose one that is bad feng shui. People that are in good luck will be more likely to meet a good fengshui master too. while one that is in a bad luck period will meet a lousy master."

grandpapa, i especially believe in this...its like when u go to a shop and u see a cheery owner, u wil b more likely to want to buy things from them. but if the opposite, the shopowner is black face, it drives customer away even tho if it is cheaper or nicer food etc.

for us or pple ard my age (early thirties), my frens etc, i realised we are all kind of "stuck" in the job with no other skill set to change careers...hence i thk the unhappiness....it can b quite big cos afterall u spend 80% of ur waking hours at work...there are pple who fly, while the other side wil b pple who slog hard but do not get recognition...its sad but its very common..

"The weird thing is that people in a good luck period, randomly choose a house, will be more likely to choose one that has good feng shui. while one that is in bad luck will likely to choose one that is bad feng shui. People that are in good luck will be more likely to meet a good fengshui master too. while one that is in a bad luck period will meet a lousy master."

grandpapa, i especially believe in this...its like when u go to a shop and u see a cheery owner, u wil b more likely to want to buy things from them. but if the opposite, the shopowner is black face, it drives customer away even tho if it is cheaper or nicer food etc.

for us or pple ard my age (early thirties), my frens etc, i realised we are all kind of "stuck" in the job with no other skill set to change careers...hence i thk the unhappiness....it can b quite big cos afterall u spend 80% of ur waking hours at work...there are pple who fly, while the other side wil b pple who slog hard but do not get recognition...its sad but its very common..

ok, this is not fengshui related...

Most people will focus on the problems and complain, blame or justify what is wrong.

First of all, stop complaining, and figure out what is possible. i was in my early thirty when i made a career change. now i work much shorter hours then people and i believe i make more income that people of my age( i am in mid thirties now). I dropped everything i was trained to do and did something new. it was tough, i took the risk, and it took a couple if years before i succeed. even if i fail, i took action. if you have a dream, find out how people did it, learn from them. look for mentor. not gather together with complainers and negative people.. it will do u no good.

There are things that you can do. Are you willing to do it?

there are some program out there that identify your blind spots, provides coaching and show you what is possible. i have taken one which i think is very good. i benefited from it, now i am helping out with this organisation . if you are keen i can show u the website.

It is written in the house valuation report that the the house is facing north. Does that mean that the house main entrance is in the North direction? Most of the windows are at the opposite side of the main entrance though (means windows for the bedrooms, balcony, etc)

I also would like to know what is the meaning of North-South facing?

to plot the chart, there must be a degree... cos not all north south facing will have the same feng shui

ok, this is not fengshui related...

Most people will focus on the problems and complain, blame or justify what is wrong.

First of all, stop complaining, and figure out what is possible. i was in my early thirty when i made a career change. now i work much shorter hours then people and i believe i make more income that people of my age( i am in mid thirties now). I dropped everything i was trained to do and did something new. it was tough, i took the risk, and it took a couple if years before i succeed. even if i fail, i took action. if you have a dream, find out how people did it, learn from them. look for mentor. not gather together with complainers and negative people.. it will do u no good.

There are things that you can do. Are you willing to do it?

there are some program out there that identify your blind spots, provides coaching and show you what is possible. i have taken one which i think is very good. i benefited from it, now i am helping out with this organisation . if you are keen i can show u the website.

ya sure...i am keen to learn....Grandpapa....since we are only few yrs apart, how about i stop addressing you as Grandpapa?? i thk i wil jus call you bro next time la :P

ok let me PM you...xie xie

There are many people who teach. Select wisely, not just because they are popular.

Hi GrandPaPa, can recommend any good FS teacher, I keen to learn too.

hi GPP,

Thanks for sharing n for once i really thought u r a old grand papa. Just into ur mid thirties, u r few years apart fm me. Well, i always tot FS is a interesting subject which involves only bits of science n logical sense but i guess now it needs alot of understanding n proper teaching fm it.

Interestingly, as i m into my early thirties and i hv reached a stage where i'm bottle-neck (ping-jing) on my future direction. So i decided to go for zi wei dou shu reading upon a recommendation of a frd who insisted this lady FS shi fu wld not force me into buying any symbolic stuff at her shop. So busy this FS shi fu is, my appointment will be scheduled in coming aug and hopefully there wld b some enlightenment then n opens my world in FENG SHUI. :)

In the meantime GPP, i do enjoy reading ur write up n once again thanks for sharing.~!

Hi GrandPapa,

I want to ask you about burner..those oil and fragrane where I use to see pple house, they put it in the toilet and master bedroom.

Any thing related to fs?

Thanks!

Happy

Hi GrandPapa,

I want to ask you about burner..those oil and fragrane where I use to see pple house, they put it in the toilet and master bedroom.

Any thing related to fs?

Thanks!

Happy

It is fire element, can put at place that need strong fire. if you dont know then, at least dont put at the north side this year.

hi GPP,

Thanks for sharing n for once i really thought u r a old grand papa. Just into ur mid thirties, u r few years apart fm me. Well, i always tot FS is a interesting subject which involves only bits of science n logical sense but i guess now it needs alot of understanding n proper teaching fm it.

Interestingly, as i m into my early thirties and i hv reached a stage where i'm bottle-neck (ping-jing) on my future direction. So i decided to go for zi wei dou shu reading upon a recommendation of a frd who insisted this lady FS shi fu wld not force me into buying any symbolic stuff at her shop. So busy this FS shi fu is, my appointment will be scheduled in coming aug and hopefully there wld b some enlightenment then n opens my world in FENG SHUI. :)

In the meantime GPP, i do enjoy reading ur write up n once again thanks for sharing.~!

zhi wei dou shu is actually fortune reading... it is not Feng shui. feng shui is more of using the energy of the environment and premises.

thanks for you comments, sorry for not posting new stuffs, busy with organising FS talks.

Hi GrandPaPa, can recommend any good FS teacher, I keen to learn too.

Vincent koh is good for basic theory feng shui lesson.

learning feng shui is not easy, 90% of the people give up eventually.

picking up the theory is easy, but pratical. will need many years of practise or at least have a master guide you or show you while he do feng shui.

if you intend to learn feng shui from books or magazine... and if every page is about buying products. you can burn those books...:P

Edited by GrandPaPa