Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks patsy for sharing with us. Much, much appreciated. I hope you are recovering well from the asthma attack that you had to endure! Also hope that your hubby is okay too!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Patsy~ thanks for sharing!

was abit speechless to hear abt the mishap! hope u and ur hb are recovering well!!

guess we need to monitor them abit more closely to ensure that things go on schedule. and hopefully they are able to manage their workers/sub-con better..

Thanks, we are better.

And in hindsight it was our fault for going in, knowing ful well the fumes would be bad...... The price we had to pay for wanting to "protect" our home, I guess.

we definitely understand! how to look upon the mess and not want to do something about it! plus, if you had left it, maybe the parquet would have been damaged too!

met up with willy to view out first set of 3D draft drawings. i am very, very disappointed. they left out my wardrobe and toilet drawings. we also requested two drawings for the MBR (alternative designs for us to choose from) - one of it is entirely missing. color schemes wrong. cabinet design for our study room, they produced the exact one which i emphasized i DO NOT want (just one slab of horizontal line cabinet). are they even listening? today's meeting was a complete waste of my time. unproductive and it made me really angry. if i go into details i'd prob get pissed off all over again.

update: claimed a few of my 3D drawings landed in spam folder. not sure how some images can land in inbox, some in spam. as for toilet drawing, at first say will provide for my vanity top, mirror n cabinet now will no longer provide becos i m not overlaying my tiles. instead, showed me photos of other ppl's toilets instead of a customized drawing of mine. i'll be ok if they are be upfront abt not providing rather than give false expectations.

Edited by andsoitgoes

didnt quite catch u there, so did u see all ur drawings or did u not see?

met up with willy to view out first set of 3D draft drawings. i am very, very disappointed. they left out my wardrobe and toilet drawings. we also requested two drawings for the MBR (alternative designs for us to choose from) - one of it is entirely missing. color schemes wrong. cabinet design for our study room, they produced the exact one which i emphasized i DO NOT want (just one slab of horizontal line cabinet). are they even listening? today's meeting was a complete waste of my time. unproductive and it made me really angry. if i go into details i'd prob get pissed off all over again.

update: claimed a few of my 3D drawings landed in spam folder. not sure how some images can land in inbox, some in spam. as for toilet drawing, at first say will provide for my vanity top, mirror n cabinet now will no longer provide becos i m not overlaying my tiles. instead, showed me photos of other ppl's toilets instead of a customized drawing of mine. i'll be ok if they are be upfront abt not providing rather than give false expectations.

I was abit taken back by the comment that patsy_sg and andsoitgoes, met Willy last week to discuss about the drawing, we pass him a list of items that we wanted and the description, everything turn out perfectly as what we expected. Maybe this is not the first time we do reno therefore no issue. Haven start my project, will commence only in Oct so cant comment on the project handling and stuff. But so far it had been a pleasant experience with Leslie and Willy.

i did not see all my drawings. things were missing. many things were wrong. toilet drawing at first clc say will provide. then later say that they wont be giving it to us becos we will not be changing our tiles.

From my past experience, all my previous IDs also never provide me 3D of toilet cause no point they provide me the drawing of my toilet as it will not be the same, because it is impossible to create the same look with the ugly wall tiles HDB provides unless i hack away my existing toilet wall and floor tiles which will be very expensive :(

in that case, CLC should tell me from the start that it will not be providing rather than tell me yes only to say no later when i ask why is this and that missing from my first set of 3D drawings. i've been upfront about not changing my toilet tiles right at the beginning.

For our case, we were told no 3Ds for toilet as well though we are redoing both toilets. We requested for drawings of the vanity at least to be shown to us, but that's the least of our worries now.

Not happy with the initial draft 3D back in late Jun. After meeting up and once again going through in details (with our own research pictures) to communicate what we are looking for. Colors say will get back to us a month later. Now into mid Aug. After asking them on the status, told us will be ready in late Aug.

My Fiancee is extrememly worried with this. Our project though only starting nxt year, have to be finish on time as its part of our wedding plan. And Colors is showing sign of not meeting up with promised dates... or at least till now, don't seems to be taking our project seriously enough.

i was abit taken back to see post of clc, so decided to join in to do some sharing. i am on the final stage of confirming my id and clc is on our top list. having talk to them find that they are upfront and not the pushy type. they told us that they are currently busy and will not give us empty promises till they have confirm their schedule to take our job anot. which to me and my hubby we feel that they are somehow very upfront and not scare of losing us as client if we cant wait. that is why they are on our top listing. another reason or maybe the main reason for them to be at our top listing is because they did a good job for my brother's nest. so we also hope that they can help handle our nest...

->goldfisheye

i think now all ids do provide 3d drawings as long as u do up the bathroom cabinet. if not how is one going to know what it looks like before construction?

->pearl

you should talk to ur id in charge about this cause my brother did get the drawings for bathroom cabinet but only didnt get its for common bathroom because no cabinets done. and u should also rush your id since u have a deadline. chinese new year period will be coming early jan. u dont want to crush up with it.

just my 1cent advice.

*by the way anyone knows where can i find cheap and good teak furniture?

<!--quoteo(post=449848:date=Sep 21 2009, 11:35 AM:name=red_bull79)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (red_bull79 @ Sep 21 2009, 11:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=449848"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->sori busy wit work. will post the pics.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/redbullworld/1_446322554l.jpg" target="_blank">http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/r..._446322554l.jpg</a>

The top is my living area.

<a href="http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/redbullworld/1_572430896l.jpg" target="_blank">http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/r..._572430896l.jpg</a>

same my living b4 the sticker

<a href="http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/redbullworld/1_281194523l.jpg" target="_blank">http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/r..._281194523l.jpg</a>

my counter area

<a href="http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/redbullworld/1_986011364l.jpg" target="_blank">http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/r..._986011364l.jpg</a>

counter area finish

<a href="http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/redbullworld/1_597967409l.jpg" target="_blank">http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx335/r..._597967409l.jpg</a>

home sweet home

i love your stickers. do they cost you a lot??

you got it from your ID?

walkingdead, clc simply sent me photos of other ppl's toilets and i pretty much had to visualize myself how the vanity top and cabinets would look like in my own bathroom. not very happy with that. was told it would look like that so i had to make do with samples from other homes. to be honest, i was very impressed with their service prior to formally engaging them (i.e. sign on the dotted line). however, many things happened along the way in such a short duration of time which made me a little disheartened and also lost some confidence.

YKnPearl, i guess they're putting you on hold since you will not be commencing on your reno this year? i am supposed to start on the first week of Sept yet my 3Ds have not even been finalized, laminates and colors selection not even started on. i am even more gan chiong! they take pretty long to revise and the 'revised' product is only half of what i want.

walkingdead, clc simply sent me photos of other ppl's toilets and i pretty much had to visualize myself how the vanity top and cabinets would look like in my own bathroom. not very happy with that. was told it would look like that so i had to make do with samples from other homes. to be honest, i was very impressed with their service prior to formally engaging them (i.e. sign on the dotted line). however, many things happened along the way in such a short duration of time which made me a little disheartened and also lost some confidence.

YKnPearl, i guess they're putting you on hold since you will not be commencing on your reno this year? i am supposed to start on the first week of Sept yet my 3Ds have not even been finalized, laminates and colors selection not even started on. i am even more gan chiong! they take pretty long to revise and the 'revised' product is only half of what i want.

i was told new 3D will take 10 working days and revised 3D to be 5 working days...

But i don't know what happen to YKnPearl though...

A fair word from me, i must say, from the start till now, they had been meeting me at my place at 10.30pm due to our tight and odd working hours, had discussion till between 12.45 to 1.30am and usually all my request are all met. I mean, if for other ID company, will they go the extra mile to provide their service. The other IDs that im comparing with before confirming with CLC, i had to take leave just to meet them during their working hours at their shop whereas CLC are willing to meet me at my preferred time and location. And for the price we are paying for the carpentry works and the quality stuff and the high standard of workmanship we are getting, i believe it is worth every single cent that we are paying.

Look at all their past review, even though there are some problems here and there like incident from patsy_sg, patsy_sg also gave good words about their workmanship and quality. and when i went to see their workmanship at one of the bungalow, the owner is full of praises from them.

andsoitgoes, i did mention to them about the toilet drawing they say they will do for me and i told them about you, they will be doing for you too.

had seen all my 3Ds, was better than what i had expected less toilet design but they are going to do for me. actually all in all i can say that so far, their service had been nothing less than great.

Edited by goldfisheye