Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I'm another client of theirs. Decided to go with them after reading up quite a few feedbacks on these forums, and going to see their work. Marcus is handling most stuff and is a nice guy. Leslie set the tone of the project when we went to look at tiles, and I've only just met Jeremy today as they were looking over my place.

So far so good. Hopefully they can start work soon as we're waiting for the permit.

Still waiting on JCase to update his TBlog with pics!

Edited by fahad

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm another client of theirs. Decided to go with them after reading up quite a few feedbacks on these forums, and going to see their work. Marcus is handling most stuff and is a nice guy. Leslie set the tone of the project when we went to look at tiles, and I've only just met Jeremy today as they were looking over my place.

So far so good. Hopefully they can start work soon as we're waiting for the permit.

Still waiting on JCase to update his TBlog with pics!

Ha ha. The place is in a mess as we're still unpacking and organizing. Expect things to settle down inabout 2-weeks. Will surely post pics then :yamseng:

hi jcase, i believe CLC are done with the renovation for your unit... sorry to trouble you but can you describe their workmanship of their work???

thanks alot

Ha ha. The place is in a mess as we're still unpacking and organizing. Expect things to settle down inabout 2-weeks. Will surely post pics then :yamseng:

hi jcase, i believe CLC are done with the renovation for your unit... sorry to trouble you but can you describe their workmanship of their work???

thanks alot

Leslie is a good designer so he has many ideas. Basically I had an idea of what I wanted but I gave him enough free play for design. Basically the criteria was functionality coupled with some form.

The carpentry and wet works is of good quality. All carpentry comes with soft closing hinges and coloured internal laminates. Given the odd shape and limitation of the MBR, he managed to work around it and create something which both of us really like. Very cosy and there is compliance to FS requirementsto 'remove slanted wall in MBR).

Their painters are so-so but the quality of finsihed work is really dependant on how smooth the wall is. Mine isn't but I canlive with it as we have a lot of paintings on the walls.

Their electrician is a gem. Really nice guy and very accommodating. Helpful and always smiling. As I type he's still at my place doing some minor stuff. He helped drill and install all my paintings - about 10 pieces. Gave him a red packet for that.

Project management wise - very good. Marcus is very dedicated and on the ball. Still some teething issues and he is responsive in getting it rectified without too much fuss.

Hope this helps.

thank you Jcase for the detailed feedback of your project!

i bet Colours must be happy with their client praising for their work!

"The carpentry and wet works is of good quality. All carpentry comes with soft closing hinges and coloured internal laminates" i believe this is the most important part of whole project and this is what set a so-so ID and a quality ID apart. sometimes even big companies are not match for smaller company.

I met up with Leslie n Willy last week, spent 2hr standing in my new house and what i can say is that both of them had alot of ideas and was very knowledgeable when i was questioning about design and materials. they also told me about the pro & con of things that i suggested to do and it really give me more in depth knowledge towards the design functionality.

Will be meeting up with them soon and hope the quotation will be within my budget...

Leslie is a good designer so he has many ideas. Basically I had an idea of what I wanted but I gave him enough free play for design. Basically the criteria was functionality coupled with some form.

The carpentry and wet works is of good quality. All carpentry comes with soft closing hinges and coloured internal laminates. Given the odd shape and limitation of the MBR, he managed to work around it and create something which both of us really like. Very cosy and there is compliance to FS requirementsto 'remove slanted wall in MBR).

Their painters are so-so but the quality of finsihed work is really dependant on how smooth the wall is. Mine isn't but I canlive with it as we have a lot of paintings on the walls.

Their electrician is a gem. Really nice guy and very accommodating. Helpful and always smiling. As I type he's still at my place doing some minor stuff. He helped drill and install all my paintings - about 10 pieces. Gave him a red packet for that.

Project management wise - very good. Marcus is very dedicated and on the ball. Still some teething issues and he is responsive in getting it rectified without too much fuss.

Hope this helps.

They are able to give inernal colored laminates for all their carpentry because their overheads are low. The don't advertise or take part in trade shows. According to them all their work is via referral.

Good luck with your reno. Keep in mind that all reno has some flaws. It's a matter of how it's handled that makes a difference.

Hi,

i'm new to this forum and have shortlisted CLC for our 4room renovation. have met up with Leslie and Willy twice, including tonight. first time was on-site at our flat. generally comfortable with their approach. practical in helping us to meet our budget. really appreciated that they were not only on time, but also early for the appointments (especially today). we requested to view one of the recently completed homes. Willy mentioned Jcase so I think he will help us ask! :P

just that it's still a little out of our budget. sigh.

Edited by andsoitgoes

thanks for the advise...

i do understand that nothing is perfect. so i will still be able to accept some minor flaws here and there...

seriously speaking, they dont advertise??? wow, able to substain just by referrals are quite impressive...

They are able to give inernal colored laminates for all their carpentry because their overheads are low. The don't advertise or take part in trade shows. According to them all their work is via referral.

Good luck with your reno. Keep in mind that all reno has some flaws. It's a matter of how it's handled that makes a difference.

hi andsoitgoes, is your quote too expensive?? im still waiting to meet them to discuss on our quotation. but for my past experience with reno for my parents and siblings house, cheapest / expensive things doesnt always be the best. its whether the materials and design are worth paying or not. i dont mind paying slightly higher if i feel that i like e design and end result is good. but if the quote is way out of my budget, then of course its another different factor altogether

you are viewing Jcase unit? i thought the reno had been completed? will Jcase allow, wont we like bothering them? that will be great if i can visit too. but im still confuse! Jcase finish the renovation and they are still arranging for you to view? wow Jcase must be a very friendly person and proud of the end result. :yamseng:

Hi,

i'm new to this forum and have shortlisted CLC for our 4room renovation. have met up with Leslie and Willy twice, including tonight. first time was on-site at our flat. generally comfortable with their approach. practical in helping us to meet our budget. really appreciated that they were not only on time, but also early for the appointments (especially today). we requested to view one of the recently completed homes. Willy mentioned Jcase so I think he will help us ask! :P

just that it's still a little out of our budget. sigh.

hi andsoitgoes, is your quote too expensive?? im still waiting to meet them to discuss on our quotation. but for my past experience with reno for my parents and siblings house, cheapest / expensive things doesnt always be the best. its whether the materials and design are worth paying or not. i dont mind paying slightly higher if i feel that i like e design and end result is good. but if the quote is way out of my budget, then of course its another different factor altogether

you are viewing Jcase unit? i thought the reno had been completed? will Jcase allow, wont we like bothering them? that will be great if i can visit too. but im still confuse! Jcase finish the renovation and they are still arranging for you to view? wow Jcase must be a very friendly person and proud of the end result. :yamseng:

my quote is a few k off what we budgeted. difficult to negotiate. however, we like leslie's design ideas. so we're still thinking over very carefully. as a young couple, we're definitely trying to make every dollar count. we also have to take into consideration the cost of add-ons such as furniture and aircon. we requested to view a few homes to look at the workmanship (as you said, we want to be certain that we're paying for quality). ideally, one completed, and one in progress. Willy mentioned that Jcase is very nice and he will help us put forth the request. however, we're also open to rejection should it be inconvenient for him!

a few k off your budget? did you let them know about your budget before they give you the quotation?

omg hope mine will be within my budget, sometimes some $ cant help but had to spend cause renovation is about living with the design for e next XX years. But if they are able to achieve the things that i had requested, i think i will bite the bullet, go for the things i want to achieve than to regret not doing in the next few years

my quote is a few k off what we budgeted. difficult to negotiate. however, we like leslie's design ideas. so we're still thinking over very carefully. as a young couple, we're definitely trying to make every dollar count. we also have to take into consideration the cost of add-ons such as furniture and aircon. we requested to view a few homes to look at the workmanship (as you said, we want to be certain that we're paying for quality). ideally, one completed, and one in progress. Willy mentioned that Jcase is very nice and he will help us put forth the request. however, we're also open to rejection should it be inconvenient for him!

a few k off your budget? did you let them know about your budget before they give you the quotation?

omg hope mine will be within my budget, sometimes some $ cant help but had to spend cause renovation is about living with the design for e next XX years. But if they are able to achieve the things that i had requested, i think i will bite the bullet, go for the things i want to achieve than to regret not doing in the next few years

i guess partly we are trying to avoid taking up yet another loan so we took out or replaced some items listed in the preliminary quotation but the budget is still a little off. leslie suggested that we take out some things that are not too necessary or review design ideas that may cost more. when would you be meeting them for your quotation? however i must say, my interaction with them has been nothing short of pleasant so far. we will decide again after viewing on-site workmanship and further discussion. there was a quotation i received from a contractor (not ID) which was significantly lower than CLC but included fewer customized features.we've shortlisted the two.

Is ok to come by for viewing or visit in the next few weeks. Willy is free to contact me to arrange.

He has brought some foks by on 25 June was was not the smartest thing to do as we had movers all over the place. So was messy like anything a quite dusty as the floors were not clean. We are settling in at the minute and things are slowly getting into place.

The kitchen is quite a disaster zone but that due to my wife's doing. A whole lot of appliances and crap all over the limited counter top :furious:

I keep quiet as I hardly venture into the kitchen in fear of knocking some of appliances over.

Still a few more touch ups required. The electrician is still at my place on and off to handle small issues.

Is ok to come by for viewing or visit in the next few weeks. Willy is free to contact me to arrange.

He has brought some foks by on 25 June was was not the smartest thing to do as we had movers all over the place. So was messy like anything a quite dusty as the floors were not clean. We are settling in at the minute and things are slowly getting into place.

The kitchen is quite a disaster zone but that due to my wife's doing. A whole lot of appliances and crap all over the limited counter top :furious:

I keep quiet as I hardly venture into the kitchen in fear of knocking some of appliances over.

Still a few more touch ups required. The electrician is still at my place on and off to handle small issues.

Thanks for replying JCase :) Actually, we wanted to view before deciding but Leslie pressing for us to sign this week because the discount at the start of the month is only valid for this week. Either that or we wait till August to sign but he said it's tight if we want to handover in Dec because must take into consideration the preparation period. But we feel more secure committing after viewing workmanship.

p/s: think your wife must be very excited about her kitchen. maybe i am like that next time also :blink:

Edited by andsoitgoes