Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sheila Ong

^^home For The Beans^^

Thanks! I love the idea too.. :P The washing machine will actually be next to the toilet door. See from my floorplanner plan below.. Actually i should show the back of the washer but was trying to be funny let you all see the model i'm buying.. :D Heex..

Is it clearer now? :notti:

Much clearer... I understand now. :) :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks! I love the idea too.. :P The washing machine will actually be next to the toilet door. See from my floorplanner plan below.. Actually i should show the back of the washer but was trying to be funny let you all see the model i'm buying.. :D Heex..

kitchenfloorplanner.jpg

Is it clearer now? :notti:

Hi iluvmybeans,

I noticed that you intend to have your stove on the island. Did you check with your fengshui master on this? Because for fengshui, they usually advise that the stove have a sturdy backing/support as stove is one of the important area in the house.

Good to see your kitchen layout and don't worry about being early. I also change my layout several times when I re-think about the concept again. :P

hi beans..than have u started sourcing for IDs and quotation?

Hi skymars

Thanks for visiting my reno blog. I'm lucky in the sense my dad is a contractor. Hee.. I dun have to source for any ID..

I'm saving up for my reno so most likely & hopefully i can start renovating around November... :dancingqueen:

When's your reno starting? Hopefully HDB approve of us hacking the wall between the MBR & other room so that we can make our plans work!! :yamseng:

Hi skymars

Thanks for visiting my reno blog. I'm lucky in the sense my dad is a contractor. Hee.. I dun have to source for any ID..

I'm saving up for my reno so most likely & hopefully i can start renovating around November... :dancingqueen:

When's your reno starting? Hopefully HDB approve of us hacking the wall between the MBR & other room so that we can make our plans work!! :yamseng:

haha, your dad is a contractor? can give us good quotations? :P

Hi iluvmybeans,

I noticed that you intend to have your stove on the island. Did you check with your fengshui master on this? Because for fengshui, they usually advise that the stove have a sturdy backing/support as stove is one of the important area in the house.

Good to see your kitchen layout and don't worry about being early. I also change my layout several times when I re-think about the concept again. :P

Oh no.. I totally didn't think abt this.. I feel sad now.. :~ Not your fault k.. All i thought of was the 3 parts thing didn't think abt whether the stove can be placed on an island in terms of feng shui.. I will ask him next time.. Thanks for the reminder.. :yamseng:

You are right.. I keep changing my design.. Haha sometimes i console myself by thinking that it is a good thing to have more time to plan for reno.. Haha.. Self deceiving.. Actually i would love to start my reno asap but no money.. :bangwall:

haha, your dad is a contractor? can give us good quotations? :P

Hi merryman

I see that you have not found your contractor.. Actually i also dunno how much my dad charges other ppl.. Haha.. if you want his quotation to compare can pm me for his contact k? My dad takes pride in his work so no worries abt quality.. :yamseng:

Hi merryman

I see that you have not found your contractor.. Actually i also dunno how much my dad charges other ppl.. Haha.. if you want his quotation to compare can pm me for his contact k? My dad takes pride in his work so no worries abt quality.. :yamseng:

ok, sure :D

Oh no.. I totally didn't think abt this.. I feel sad now.. :~ Not your fault k.. All i thought of was the 3 parts thing didn't think abt whether the stove can be placed on an island in terms of feng shui.. I will ask him next time.. Thanks for the reminder.. :yamseng:

You are right.. I keep changing my design.. Haha sometimes i console myself by thinking that it is a good thing to have more time to plan for reno.. Haha.. Self deceiving.. Actually i would love to start my reno asap but no money.. :bangwall:

Ooops.. sorry.. don't meant to make you sad.

Its good to plan early, at least you are aware of what you want and won't get tempted easily when you come across new stuff. Read that your father's a contractor... wow.. so good... at least you skip the one of the most headache part of the reno (renovator search & confirmation). :thumbs up:

Hi skymars

i m still comparing quotes n considering a number of factors...hope to start reno end July if possible else aug is also ok...juz feel anxious abt this whole process so hope can start asap :) but at the same cannot rush into deciding cos the fate of my house will be more or less fix after this decision :)

Edited by skymars

Hi iluvmybeans,

Hmm, mine is a different concern altogether. My home's kitchen is the same width as yours, and I also originally intended to do an island kitchen (with my stove, like yours, also located on the island). But when I did the math, assuming that the width of the cabinetry and island are the standard 60cm each, that would leave you with about 1.6m of space to negotiate around the kitchen, which might be a little tight. Maybe you might want to try a galley kitchen format?

i m still comparing quotes n considering a number of factors...hope to start reno end July if possible else aug is also ok...juz feel anxious abt this whole process so hope can start asap :) but at the same cannot rush into deciding cos the fate of my house will be more or less fix after this decision :)

Ya loh you are right.. Must think carefully rather than doing something you might regret and risk having to look at it for many years down the road or spend money to rectify it.. It's normal to feel anxious.. i have been reading everyone's blog in this forum since last year & collecting all reno mags though i will only be renovating my flat this yr end.. haha.. So Kiasu right.. :D

Edited by iluvmybeans

Hi.. It's been a long time since i update my blog liao.. Finally going to start my renovation around 1st week of November. So excited!!! :dancingqueen: Hopefully everything will go smoothly and i'll be able to live in my dream home soon..

Bought many things over these few weeks. Wanna share with you all. Hee hee.. I know i'm super KS but really cannot resist la!!

Arison 9kg Washer AQXGL 109

aristonwasheraqxgl10911.jpg

My com so slow.. Arrgh! to be continued.. :P

Hi.. It's been a long time since i update my blog liao.. Finally going to start my renovation around 1st week of November. So excited!!! :dancingqueen: Hopefully everything will go smoothly and i'll be able to live in my dream home soon..

Bought many things over these few weeks. Wanna share with you all. Hee hee.. I know i'm super KS but really cannot resist la!!

Arison 9kg Washer AQXGL 109

aristonwasheraqxgl10911.jpg

My com so slow.. Arrgh! to be continued.. :P

congrats. my reno also starting around 2nd week of nov :)

congrats. my reno also starting around 2nd week of nov :)

Hi momo13

Congrats to you too!

Ok going to continue sharing about my purchases..

Ariston Dryer ASL70

aristondryerasl70799.jpg

50" Samsung Plasma PS-50B450B1

samsungplasmaps50b450b1.jpg