Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

For me, I'll suggest that you list down the items that you wana keep in the kitchen and how you would like to keep them. That will tell you the amount of cabinets that you'll need. Then decide if you need only bottom cabinets or top and bottom, and whether you'll need cabinets throughout ur kitchen, or just a portion of it. :)

Thanks everyone for your advice....i will go and consider...i will be meeting Uncle soon later to discuss on somethings....anyone need me to pass info?I am meeting hin either before or after he go to Guy77 plc..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

huh? he got come my place meh? hahaha. maybe he just come and see then go liao.

nothing much to tell him at this moment. and i am super duper busy these days. but still make it a point to visit the house everyday to just see.

I have bottom only!! and one full height one at the corner...

I suggest you take stock of the cupboards you need. REMEMBER if you take bottom cabinets... you will lose one for the sink cabinet (which you can probably only put detergents) AND you will lose one for the gas if you use cylinder.

You will need a drawer unit, one (or 2) for crockery... one (or 2) for dried stuff... another for sauces and rice... Must plan then see if you have enough. :) No point having made a beautiful kitchen that is not functional. :)

rondy, this weekend need to supervise my lights, fans, air con and stuff. If the timing is right, then i will come with them. if not, no choice le. PM u and blue my number.

huh? he got come my place meh? hahaha. maybe he just come and see then go liao.

nothing much to tell him at this moment. and i am super duper busy these days. but still make it a point to visit the house everyday to just see.

never go yr place la...dun dare to...wait u cant reconginse me...tot how come i am sneaky how?wahahaha

i

no lah, i dun mean u, blue. i mean uncle... hahaha.

u come my place, i not ard, u also can see much.

but now also nothing much to see. when tiling all completed, u can drop by.

I have bottom only!! and one full height one at the corner...

I suggest you take stock of the cupboards you need. REMEMBER if you take bottom cabinets... you will lose one for the sink cabinet (which you can probably only put detergents) AND you will lose one for the gas if you use cylinder.

You will need a drawer unit, one (or 2) for crockery... one (or 2) for dried stuff... another for sauces and rice... Must plan then see if you have enough. :) No point having made a beautiful kitchen that is not functional. :)

thanks Pink...

i totally agree with u...think need to do some thinking.......but most likely going with th lower choice since i dun forsee we will be doing much cooking as well...since my mum was just 2 block away...wahahaha

no lah, i dun mean u, blue. i mean uncle... hahaha.

u come my place, i not ard, u also can see much.

but now also nothing much to see. when tiling all completed, u can drop by.

i sure will de...since i almost pass by yr area everyday?always can help u to do part time supervision if needed?

wahahahaha

hahaha. ya ya. but we already make it a habit to go everyday to look see look see. after dinner, treat it like a walk like tat. the best thing is that it is nearby to the current place i am staying. so it's convenient. if not, also cannot everyday go.

Finally, having sometime to write something on my own blog..

Suppose to meet Uncle tomorrow, but decide to check if he is going to Guy77 plc....so it will be easier to catch him rather than to let him fly Boeing 747 again. To my surprise, he readily agree to meet and set the time at 7pm. Ard 5pm, PD call n asy that Uncle call her to change to 7:30pm...

Just when we arrive 7:30pm, PD gave Uncle a call and realise he is still at WEst Coast!!! (actually, i am already glad that he still remebered our meeting and say he will speed up). We went around and finally Uncle arrive at 8pm.

I went through some feedback of what i have seen from this forum (eg like Fondue and Smallboy). In fact Uncle told me that he also aware the consistency of worker is not there...so he may decide to fire some who really cant make it. he is well aware all these will eventually hurt his business and reputation. He know that this forum has given him lots of business, thay why he told me he welcome direct feedback...rather than we keep it to ourself and not let him know.I also relate some message for Familyof4 and apple for some issue.

We went through the list...i prepare english(chinese subtitle) quotation for him...so it easier for him as well as to speed up the process rather than wait for him(after all feedback on the forum).

All i can sum up is that he is v accomdating and sincere. giving and heping us with alot of suggestion to save as well.It a feeling which i dun get from others. Knowing that he service may have some lag...i still decide to be defiant(pray hard) or maybe stubborn to put my trust in him.If all fail..i blame no one...just that i make the wrong choice.

In fact thread/advice from smallboy, gakun some others has somehow manage my expectation as well. I know PD n I will have to be very involve for our home. On postive note...at least i get to know my place better(rather not knowing) which is also a learning journey for me. :) With that, i am offically a uncle soon club member liao.

Pay him $50 deposit( cos din expect need to pay on the spot, **** malu sia), he keep saying nvm. :) I am offically going to start mine on 08/06/09 and handover will be 08/08/09. I know from now on...it will be a chaotic time for PD and me....especially when it our 1st home. I must say for a person who hate technical things( that me!!), somehow this reno has make me to be much more proactive. I have make more friends, leant alot from friendly people here.:)

I know Uncle may not be the best..but i am sure he is the best, given what i can do. N i am really move on the way he deal with things and also on some other stuff he share. I put my trust in him also managing my own expectation. hopefully all things will tunr well in the end. Especially he specifcally told me he will oversee my place.

Guess it going to be a busy time for me. i appreciate any help render from anyone in advance or past help given. Hopefully i wont be too troublsome to explain to. :)

must be excited for ur new home to be.

u can do ur "footwork" to source for stuff for the home already :)

In fact we have start to choose some tile...but going to look for more...:)

i did share some of the recitifcation of what need to do for yr plc to ah soon...he told me he will get someone to go yr plc to do up what need to be done next week...sorry if i am abit kpo...just tot wanted to help cos saw something u mention on other thread....

Glad that you got the quote done on the spot. The final price is negotiated on the spot as well right? That's great :)

One hurdle cleared :) Next one will be the masonry works once your tiles and other stuffs are selected / bought.

Glad that you got the quote done on the spot. The final price is negotiated on the spot as well right? That's great :)

One hurdle cleared :) Next one will be the masonry works once your tiles and other stuffs are selected / bought.

in fact we got our final price last fri...just that i v kiasu...want black n white...so volunteer to draft out the quotation myself and let uncle have a copy too.

of cos there something which we want as well...that will have to be seaperate billing liao. :)

In fact we have start to choose some tile...but going to look for more...:)

i did share some of the recitifcation of what need to do for yr plc to ah soon...he told me he will get someone to go yr plc to do up what need to be done next week...sorry if i am abit kpo...just tot wanted to help cos saw something u mention on other thread....

i think ah soon will think doing my unit is the worst :P

maybe he will feel we "yim chim" (particular) people.

we tested almost every inch in the house and cast doubts on reasons given for some things by google around, ask friends in this line...

LOL