Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

Can undrstand what u mean....i must say the last price he quoted was attractive...i have seen alot of issue been raises recently from other thread about issue with the standard of work...that set me back abit also....but no budget...what to do?

I wanted to do feature wall...but now start to have my hesistation....this is my 1st home...1st reno....i really know nuts about it....just worry even if they do wrong...i amy not be able to spot it...sigh...

reno sure more siong than wedding....

on the QC part got a simple solution. Host open house!! just like Smallboy. Visitors will help you spot the defects hahahah

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Can undrstand what u mean....i must say the last price he quoted was attractive...i have seen alot of issue been raises recently from other thread about issue with the standard of work...that set me back abit also....but no budget...what to do?

I wanted to do feature wall...but now start to have my hesistation....this is my 1st home...1st reno....i really know nuts about it....just worry even if they do wrong...i amy not be able to spot it...sigh...

Re: Feature wall. It would be the best if you could buy some reno magazines and take a look. Once you know what you like, you just tear out the page, scan it, etc and pass a copy to uncle to replicate it. If you've a flair in drawing, you can also do a 3D for Uncle and he'll just get his carpenter to build. Of course it would be better if you have the exact measurements to the T. Mistakes will then be easier to spot :)

Mine's an old flat that we bought 8 years ago. Then, feature walls are expensive and we've no budget so we just ditched the idea altogether

Re: Feature wall. It would be the best if you could buy some reno magazines and take a look. Once you know what you like, you just tear out the page, scan it, etc and pass a copy to uncle to replicate it. If you've a flair in drawing, you can also do a 3D for Uncle and he'll just get his carpenter to build. Of course it would be better if you have the exact measurements to the T. Mistakes will then be easier to spot :)

Mine's an old flat that we bought 8 years ago. Then, feature walls are expensive and we've no budget so we just ditched the idea altogether

actually was thinking of feature wall as well...just cant seem to find nice idea ...we also worry that the feature wall will take up walking space...which may leave us narrow pathway .....(wifey thinking)...which i sort of agree also...

on the QC part got a simple solution. Host open house!! just like Smallboy. Visitors will help you spot the defects hahahah

Wahaha...i sure will do that lor.....epecially when Guy77 and Rondy also live nearby....need alot of your expertise help in this....:)

yeah, agree that reno more siong than wedding. we are aly putting our wedding preparation to a stall because of reno..haiz..

yeah, agree that reno more siong than wedding. we are aly putting our wedding preparation to a stall because of reno..haiz..

Me and wifey also...alreday thorw wedding preparation out of our mind...it all the reno now.

When youre wedding? Mine luckily will be next year Jan, n we already got the hotel n bridal ready since last year.....think we really v kiasu...cant help laughing at myself also...:P

Me and wifey also...alreday thorw wedding preparation out of our mind...it all the reno now.

When youre wedding? Mine luckily will be next year Jan, n we already got the hotel n bridal ready since last year.....think we really v kiasu...cant help laughing at myself also...:P

ours is 1 nov :) no worries, we also got our hotel and bridal studio done. in fact, we took our pre-wedding photoshoot aly..so hor..you aren't that kiasu..hahahah..

ours is 1 nov :) no worries, we also got our hotel and bridal studio done. in fact, we took our pre-wedding photoshoot aly..so hor..you aren't that kiasu..hahahah..

wah....u **** fast hand fast leg ley...we are thinking of taking the photshoot in August.:)

Now we can share wedding and reno ideas/lobang together liao. :)

blue_diamond: haha. me no expert leh. first time renovating also. rondy seems experienced. but nonetheless, can help to see if all is alright. just seek our assistance when u need. keke

initially when i saw ashes' unhappiness about her reno, it did affect me a little. FOr my house till now, a fair statement for uncle is...he really values all his work and ensures quality is delivered.

I have to agree that he sub his works out and he having too many projects to handle is pretty tough and his time is always not enough. Once he calls or even manage to meet me up, i will be very happy!

Frankly, till now i have no complains. anything that i feel it is not right, i call uncle and tell him. like one inciden, my balony was sorta level up...it now has smaller step and i am beginning to think it is really better this way. and tho tiring...i enjoy being so hands on in my reno too :)

More importantly, u need to be comfortable with the contractor/ID u choose. Not just the pricing,comfort level and trust is very impt.

wah....u **** fast hand fast leg ley...we are thinking of taking the photshoot in August.:)

Now we can share wedding and reno ideas/lobang together liao. :)

mmm...we did it earlier cuz photoshoot is at taiwan...so need to give them time to scr*w up and ding dong here and there. i've a friend who held her wedding w/o photoshoot pictures cuz the BS didn't meet deadline. so we a bit kiasu..okie, i admit, a bit is an understatement. hahahahahahahah...

yup yup!!! we are going to start buying hod and hoob, air con and sink tmr. *faint*