Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Blue.. mm I was playing with your layout... then I realise.. the hardest thing to deal with is the rubbish chute...

yup.. thats the toughest place in the whole unit... still thinking of a gd way of hiding it....

yup.. thats the toughest place in the whole unit... still thinking of a gd way of hiding it....

The only way I think can of.. is to have a slim cabinet over it which opens from the top, mimicking the rubbish chute... then place your fridge a short distance away from it so that the gap doesn't look too odd. Then have your cabinets continue from your fridge onwards to the end. mmm

pinkandbluekitchen.jpg

Edited by pinkpetter

The only way I think can of.. is to have a slim cabinet over it which opens from the top, mimicking the rubbish chute... then place your fridge a short distance away from it so that the gap doesn't look too odd. Then have your cabinets continue from your fridge onwards to the end. mmm

pinkandbluekitchen.jpg

i was thinking of that as well but was thinking that it will look abit weird so i did ask Jason to drop by to take a look. he say he can solve the problem by making an opening on the table top then directly throw from table top.... not sure how its going to work but think i have no choice now....... hopefully its not going to look ugly and no "xiao qiang" will come visiting... heehee....

i was thinking of that as well but was thinking that it will look abit weird so i did ask Jason to drop by to take a look. he say he can solve the problem by making an opening on the table top then directly throw from table top.... not sure how its going to work but think i have no choice now....... hopefully its not going to look ugly and no "xiao qiang" will come visiting... heehee....

Ya will be a little weird. Hope they can have a solution for you...

mmm...we did it earlier cuz photoshoot is at taiwan...so need to give them time to scr*w up and ding dong here and there. i've a friend who held her wedding w/o photoshoot pictures cuz the BS didn't meet deadline. so we a bit kiasu..okie, i admit, a bit is an understatement. hahahahahahahah...

yup yup!!! we are going to start buying hod and hoob, air con and sink tmr. *faint*

So u got your kitchen accessories liao?:) Gto lobang to share?

Finally got time to do some update for my own blog...

15/05/09

We are suppose to meet Ah Soon at 7pm.. Pink _diamond(PD) was down with a flu...so we just prayed hard that Uncle wont play us out. Uncle called PD and told us he will be late(at least he will be meeting us.phew!!). Uncle was late but he he was nice to ask us to go for dinner.(next time think must packet for him liao. Apparently he din even eat dinner the whole nite.i think)Uncle finally turn up with his tiny green van by 7:45pm.

I feedback about him overload and that causes some concern for me also. Uncle did assure me that all will went well. I can see that he is really overwhelm with project...during our 1hr30min of meeting he hp battery went flat by all the phone calls. Some of them are forumer from here, some are worker, some are his subcontractor, some prospective customer...think whole world looking for him...wahahahaha. :)( i think someone call him abt her unit was splash with paint from loanshark, uncle even advise what to do and told her he will paint for her free!!!PD and i are totally amaze by how cool he is...wahahaha)

I did feedback n the concern that he will be asking someone to oversee my unit(like allan or etc.) which he give his promise that he will oversee mine with Jason(think due to area i stay?). That make me more assured and confident in getting him to do up our lovenest.:) He did mentioned Allan used to learn the trade from him. Allan later on move to a bigger co to work. Due to the current downturn, Uncle see that he has nothing much project on hand, therefore ask him to join and manage on some project. Uncle did mention he spoken to Allan on his pricing and etc...hopefully he will be better. :)(that what uncle said)

Uncle really offer us a v good and reasonable price...suggesting something to save cost..and give us some freebies to entice us as well. i really like his sincereity and chin chey....he will always say:"Uncle do it for u la."...not sure isit due to PD n i at till e v poor?wahahahahaa.:)

I must say meeting with him really make me feel much confident with him. As i can see that he is busy...i offer to help him with the drafting of quotation....(self service) so that we can speed up faster also...:) We felt so relieve after more or less settling who to do the reno...wahahahaha...

Now it choosing the tile time!!!(pai sey...i realise i like v lor soh...got alot of things to write....hmmm.....am i too excitied to share?wahahahah)

Edited by blue_diamond

Uncle see us around the same age as his children.. want to help us save money ba. 省省做... When he knew my sis and I were paying for the flat and the reno and everything.... and my sis has her own family he also helped us a lot. So he really is a honest person.

See! Everyone who finally manages to meet up with Uncle always feels better after. mmmm Uncle has some magic that even Jason doesn't have. :)

Where are you going to choose tiles???

Uncle see us around the same age as his children.. want to help us save money ba. 省省做... When he knew my sis and I were paying for the flat and the reno and everything.... and my sis has her own family he also helped us a lot. So he really is a honest person.

See! Everyone who finally manages to meet up with Uncle always feels better after. mmmm Uncle has some magic that even Jason doesn't have. :)

Where are you going to choose tiles???

Pet, sometimes when I thought of doing something, told uncle then ask him how much to add on, he says uncle give u lah! THen I ask him something on the pricing he quote me really cheap! He is nice and sincere....really.

I do agree thatt Jason lacks in uncle's "charisma". :rolleyes:

16/05/09

Whole morning and noon was held up at a buddy wedding lunch...still decided to go to pick some tiles to match as Uncle was telling us better start to see see look look and inform him what they want.

He recommend us a person in eunos(ah Di) and some in balestier. He did mention he prefer to work with others rather than Harfray as they are stricter in payment and etc. However, if we found at tiles we like from Harfray, he will still get from them too. :)

We decided to go LSH and Harfray in Balestier since it near my place to have some ideas.We are serve by a nice china lady in LSH,which gave us alot of ideas and help us to match some colour combination.They seem like having quite a huge range...see until we are blur....wahahaha. Decide to take some sample to do some matching.

Next, we went to Harfary, saw some unique tiles...but overall not as wide range as LSH (that was PD and my impression).....we still manage to pick up some sample....after that we realise it super heavy(cos we got really quite alot...wahahaha) :)

Here are some which we are considering...do give us yr view as well....

Seem like both shop doesnt have much of white glossy floor tile...so we choose 1 which is reasonable pricing with anti stain. Not sure if this anti stain feature is really good. Any comment?

living.jpg

PD was thinking of using this for our kitchen and balcony.Since we are tight on budget, can really afford real wood...but not too sure how it will trun ou. However i am must say i am amazed that the feel was as god as wood though

TilesforBalconyorkitchen.jpg

These are some tiles combination we are trying out for the common toilet...not sure how it will turn out?Any comments? the floor tile have those sparkle feel...it cost $5.80....sian...over budget...may have to look at some other alternative(see if uncle can give FOC...but doubt hard)

Toiletwalltile.jpg

Toiletwalltiles.jpg

another wall tile with flower print...an alternative to the pop up shown above

Whiteflowerwalltiles.jpg

This is what we choose for our master bed room..with the mix of the white version as well(out of stock).We may ahve to top up abit ...got to nego with Uncle liao

MBRToiletwall.jpg

ourfavtoo.jpg

We aslo saw some toilet wall tiles we like...still considering...

nicetile.jpg

ourfavtiles.jpg

nicetile.jpg

Something to check:

1) do we get to keep the sample or we got to return to them?

2) Is the Ah Di which Uncle mention has more choices?

Feel free to comment on the tiles....we are also trying to see what matches...all comments welcome...:)

Pet, sometimes when I thought of doing something, told uncle then ask him how much to add on, he says uncle give u lah! THen I ask him something on the pricing he quote me really cheap! He is nice and sincere....really.

I do agree thatt Jason lacks in uncle's "charisma". :rolleyes:

hehehe...they do really look alike...i must say choosing tiles is fun n challenging ley...me and pd see until our eye also blur..wahahaha

one consideration i have with motifs if it willgo passe after a while...that was the arguement hubby and i had when we were shoosing tiles. I wanted motifs but he insisted NO.

but i love the motif against white tiles. unique :)