Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

Diamonds! *bling bling* We were also previously looking around McNair area because it's in the middle of both our parent's house.. But didn't manage to find any house we like.. So in the end, we explored further and further till we reached Bishan...

Congrats on your home sweet home.. Ah Soon will definitely be much cheaper than ID, but you need to project manage yourself and ID shall be the wifey...

Oh...din know mcnair area so poular...thought it like abit ulu place...hehehehe. I got it at a reasonable price, 30k under COV ...so no complain. :) I was desperate then also looking at tpy n bishan too...but still like mcnair area...guess i am stubborn ba... :)

I have good impression of Ah soon and Jason, in fact was chatting away with them when we meet up the last few rounds....so i am just waiting what best price he can offer for me....:P keep my finger cross...

I know the hind side of it is that i will need to do regular check....but just worry i am not a techincally incline person...(blur blur...pink_diamond better in this)...But think there no perfect in everything...as long as they are prompt to action...i think i am ok with it...i am not in a rush to move in also... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hahaha..that what i just told pink_diamond...i told her"uncle improve liao...no more boeing 747...this time round has informed flight cancel before take off...already improve liao" Think i am lucky...weekend must buy 4d...huat ah...wahahahaha

lol I think after passing some projects on (by the area) He feels a little more relaxed.. though I think he really needs to learn to use a PDA. mmm AND have his phone bills paid by giro.

hehehehe Can you upload a bigger floorplan? What I did was to open the document in PDF format, do a print screen, paste into Paint program, crop off the parts I dun like then I upload into photobucket. hehe then it's bigger... then some of us can help you plan? :)

I love your lights too. Saw them when I was shopping for lights.. but dad insisted they were too plain for his taste. :P I always get outvoted

Edited by pinkpetter

congrats on starting the blog!!! yeah, u r on!

your sofa is very nice!! how much huh? 50% discount very good deal :good:

ur house layout longish type. 5 room more things to do. ur layout plan copied from photobucket? why so small. u copied the IMG tag? tried copy that again. may be bigger.

the lights also very nice. for me, not buying anything fanciful for my dining as my dining area is in kitchen, dun wan to clean the lights everyday

Thanks Guy....thanks for yr encouragement and guidance..if not dun think i will start the blog also....:)

me bought it $1840...dunno if it too ex anot...hmm...

My wifey love these lights...so just let her buy lor.....but since it fabric...so must also maintain abit...:)

let see if this is better...:)

Floorplan-1-1.jpg

Floorplan-1.jpg

Oh...din know mcnair area so poular...thought it like abit ulu place...hehehehe. I got it at a reasonable price, 30k under COV ...so no complain. :) I was desperate then also looking at tpy n bishan too...but still like mcnair area...guess i am stubborn ba... :)

I have good impression of Ah soon and Jason, in fact was chatting away with them when we meet up the last few rounds....so i am just waiting what best price he can offer for me....:P keep my finger cross...

I know the hind side of it is that i will need to do regular check....but just worry i am not a techincally incline person...(blur blur...pink_diamond better in this)...But think there no perfect in everything...as long as they are prompt to action...i think i am ok with it...i am not in a rush to move in also... :)

With Boon Keng MRT, it's not that ulu anymore.. Intially, we saw something that we liked, and they want 20+K above valuation.. It's a house that I will hack almost everything.. So we gave up...

I find Uncle Soon really very nice.. but he's really too busy now.. The checking has to be everyday on our part I think.. Or else certain mistakes are hard to rectify...

With Boon Keng MRT, it's not that ulu anymore.. Intially, we saw something that we liked, and they want 20+K above valuation.. It's a house that I will hack almost everything.. So we gave up...

I find Uncle Soon really very nice.. but he's really too busy now.. The checking has to be everyday on our part I think.. Or else certain mistakes are hard to rectify...

I think the area was hot due to the City view...that y it became very expensive over night...hehehehe. Mine also hack everything....sianz...

I will agree...in fact me an pink_diamond thinking of taking 1/2 day leave daily to do that...but like also siong ley...wahahahaha

lol I think after passing some projects on (by the area) He feels a little more relaxed.. though I think he really needs to learn to use a PDA. mmm AND have his phone bills paid by giro.

hehehehe Can you upload a bigger floorplan? What I did was to open the document in PDF format, do a print screen, paste into Paint program, crop off the parts I dun like then I upload into photobucket. hehe then it's bigger... then some of us can help you plan? :)

I love your lights too. Saw them when I was shopping for lights.. but dad insisted they were too plain for his taste. :P I always get outvoted

i think we should get him a PDA as a gift liao...and conduct lesson for him...hehehehe. :)

Not sure who will be in charge of my area ley...i will prefer ah soon to be in charge.....

let me try again...hope it turn up well....so u all can advise me...hehe

FloorplaninPaint.jpg

Juat a quick question,

For those using uncle soon, do uncle give u any drawing to confirm before reno?Cos jason say that he will.

For feature wall, cabinet design n colour...do u tell them what colour n design or they will suggest n help?

If you want your reno to turn out well, you have to be on the ball especially when the tiling starts. I think it's ok to take a break once a section of the correct wall tiles and mosaics have been laid. As well, when the tiling of the floor tiles, commenced. I took leave for the entire stretch from hacking till 3 days before tiling was completed to ensure that any errors can be rectified on the spot. Especially when they lay the mosaics. 10 / 10 times, you'll definitely spot some mosaics being laid in the wrong way.

If you want your reno to turn out well, you have to be on the ball especially when the tiling starts. I think it's ok to take a break once a section of the correct wall tiles and mosaics have been laid. As well, when the tiling of the floor tiles, commenced. I took leave for the entire stretch from hacking till 3 days before tiling was completed to ensure that any errors can be rectified on the spot. Especially when they lay the mosaics. 10 / 10 times, you'll definitely spot some mosaics being laid in the wrong way.

Yup...my biggest concern is that Uncle has his hands too full...which the standard will drop...sigh...but guess that the price to pay ba

Yup...my biggest concern is that Uncle has his hands too full...which the standard will drop...sigh...but guess that the price to pay ba

Yes. I concur x 100. No doubt uncle is very sui bian, not calculative and has high quality standards, his workers are of varied standards because he subcontract most of the works (just like my group of tilers ... there's actually 1 group of 2 and another lone ranger). The tiling stage is very critical because once tiling starts, it's very difficult to turn back and retile. The other milestones are the lighting/ electrical and carpentry (if you're doing alot of feature walls, wardrobes, etc). Plumbing is quite standard.

On hind sight, I always wonder if it's worth it to pay say 1-2k more just to ensure that the project management aspect is properly managed. The conclusion is, we'll stick with Uncle Ah Soon because his price is too good to beat.

Yes. I concur x 100. No doubt uncle is very sui bian, not calculative and has high quality standards, his workers are of varied standards because he subcontract most of the works (just like my group of tilers ... there's actually 1 group of 2 and another lone ranger). The tiling stage is very critical because once tiling starts, it's very difficult to turn back and retile. The other milestones are the lighting/ electrical and carpentry (if you're doing alot of feature walls, wardrobes, etc). Plumbing is quite standard.

On hind sight, I always wonder if it's worth it to pay say 1-2k more just to ensure that the project management aspect is properly managed. The conclusion is, we'll stick with Uncle Ah Soon because his price is too good to beat.

Can undrstand what u mean....i must say the last price he quoted was attractive...i have seen alot of issue been raises recently from other thread about issue with the standard of work...that set me back abit also....but no budget...what to do?

I wanted to do feature wall...but now start to have my hesistation....this is my 1st home...1st reno....i really know nuts about it....just worry even if they do wrong...i amy not be able to spot it...sigh...

reno sure more siong than wedding....