Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

i think ah soon will think doing my unit is the worst :P

maybe he will feel we "yim chim" (particular) people.

we tested almost every inch in the house and cast doubts on reasons given for some things by google around, ask friends in this line...

LOL

i guess u are not wrong in doing that la....if not right n u cant live with it then change lor....i think it yr right...:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Fondue: It's your own home. You have every right to be "Yim chim". I was there the entire time when the tilers did their work. If i'm not really happy, i'll just speak to them nicely and ask them if it's possible to rectify.

actually, we really can't bother with the rectifications already. coz moved in leh, don't want to waste the weekends covering up the place and then got to clean like MAD after the rectifications.

we bought our grout at home fix and i intend to do it while watching tv in the living room. :P at least i can control and will minimize the mess.

same goes for reno stains in the toilet bowl (debris stucked stubbornly to the bottom and paint residue), and waterbased paint spots on the laminates.

thinking of engaging plaster-ers and nippon painters to re-do the whole house in a year's time.

Congrats on confirming your contractor....it'll be lots of fun....almost covering the whole of Singapore....

YAY congrats on confirming! I'm glad you have been reading up and building up your expectations to have to do some legwork. But you know what? This also means that if you ever have to do a second reno, you can probably DIY! haha :)

JIA YOU! going to LSH, Hafary, SL, SBH to choose tiles?

YAY congrats on confirming! I'm glad you have been reading up and building up your expectations to have to do some legwork. But you know what? This also means that if you ever have to do a second reno, you can probably DIY! haha :)

JIA YOU! going to LSH, Hafary, SL, SBH to choose tiles?

I think it more like trying to get the hang of it as well.Yup...most probably will like the idea of DIY...though it is tiring...but can be fun at the same time..:)

I aldy went to LSH and Harfary.Going to Eunos on sat...where is other huh?:)

Yup...i did pass by them...but ddi not manage to take a look...wonder how their selection?:)

mmm...their shop may not be as big as others but i thought that it was sufficient. cuz after going to some tile shops, we realised that actually, the designs are about the same. at least to our point of view

I think it more like trying to get the hang of it as well.Yup...most probably will like the idea of DIY...though it is tiring...but can be fun at the same time..:)

I aldy went to LSH and Harfary.Going to Eunos on sat...where is other huh?:)

Eunos = Sin Lek (SL) Ah Di's place...t hat should be the one Uncle Ask you to go? :)

SBH is Soon Bee Huat ba.. There's one at Katong. BUT I didn't like that one. haha :P I like LSH and Hafary though most of my tiles are from SL.

Taugres not alot of selections. Think LSH got more selections.

There's another SBH at Jurong, just opp IMM. Quite alot of mock ups on the 2nd flr, but alot of their tiles are from Italy/Spain etc. So there'll be different dimensions from China tiles (the usual tiles chosen). Even if their tiles stated 30 by 60cm, there'll be little differences like 31.5cm by 61.5cm. So it'll be rather impossible for the tilers to align the tiles if you choose from different countries.

mmm...their shop may not be as big as others but i thought that it was sufficient. cuz after going to some tile shops, we realised that actually, the designs are about the same. at least to our point of view

Ok...i will drop by to take a look this sat as welll....maybe should go earlier so that can shop more...:)

Eunos = Sin Lek (SL) Ah Di's place...t hat should be the one Uncle Ask you to go? :)

SBH is Soon Bee Huat ba.. There's one at Katong. BUT I didn't like that one. haha :P I like LSH and Hafary though most of my tiles are from SL.

Yup yup...he told me so. He explain that SL Ah Di is his frd, so he will try to support him...by recommend him la. Ultimately...it up to the owner to choose also...:)

He even ask me to feedback to Ah Di that his display and shop layout is too old school and messy....cos uncle say "told him so many times liao...but still never change. U help me to tell him la"...hahahaha

have u specified to ask him to over-look your project?

yes...in fact he told me so initally and i confirm it a few times as well. The more centralise area will be under him...:)