Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

we are already doing that.

it is a path we have chosen, but as i have explained to our low IQ idiot from chao yang (AKA renotok), we could not predict that he would drag our reno til 5 or 6 months. Ivy's reno is only 3 months, that i think most of us can except, but NOT more than 4 or 5 or even 6 months.

Even if he is "an uncle in his 50s with not much education, dun even know english" it does not mean that he cant give us good things. That is pure biase and poor logic. I can give you many examples of contractors in their 50s with the above mentioned criteria who can complete their job in time and deliver quality work.

Trevor

对,当初我们决定前有去看过几个顾客的家,

当然包括Ivy的,并且了解了他们的进展和时间,还有手工等,

所以当初看到3个月做完成5房的装修,

而我的还是小一倍的3房式,而且做的也比Ivy少东西,

所以时间就算再厉害拖,也不可能超过3个月,就算是3个月也应该可以收屋了,

但是美预料到他会做了之前的屋子并顺顺利利后,会出现我们这些逋顺利的,

3房式做超过3个月都不到1半,

当然,可以说是我们倒霉,但并不是活该啊!

我们知道事情那么严重的话,谁会自找麻烦?白痴吗?还是嫌钱多?

一些跟本没从头到尾看清楚事情如何的发展,

完全不了解实情的过路人只会落井下石,加油添醋乱骂人,

讲自己笨蛋的人,未必是笨蛋,

但讲别人笨蛋的人,绝对是第一大笨蛋,

我不去责备,也不想多说,

明眼的会明辨是非,今天我们倒霉,但不表示永远,

今天幸运的,意气风发,

只会看一半故事后就莫名其妙带着看人笑话的心态,甚至出口伤人,

可风水轮流转,不代表你永远幸运,

说别人的人,请反省!

或许你会自觉得自己多么聪明,不会如我们这些“笨蛋”,

可世事无绝对,我就在此祝福你吧!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
we are already doing that.

it is a path we have chosen, but as i have explained to our low IQ idiot from chao yang (AKA renotok), we could not predict that he would drag our reno til 5 or 6 months. Ivy's reno is only 3 months, that i think most of us can except, but NOT more than 4 or 5 or even 6 months.

Even if he is "an uncle in his 50s with not much education, dun even know english" it does not mean that he cant give us good things. That is pure biase and poor logic. I can give you many examples of contractors in their 50s with the above mentioned criteria who can complete their job in time and deliver quality work.

Trevor

i really feel for those victims whos under uncle soon's mercy,any delays will cost great inconveniences especially those who are scheduled to hand over their flat by stipulated time frame causing not only monetary losses but major headaches on existing furniture relocation.

Therefore as a responsible contractor/ID firm i think its only fair to either reject projects that they cant handle/complete within client's timeline or at least work out a mutual agreement on the estimated handover date which is acceptable by client's requirements.

For us,we actually nearly had our contractor state in black n white on estimated date of completion-(1 month) until their boss step in to explain that they dont state date of completion to cover their S in case of freak incidents like workers sick,natural disaster(its nt even 2012 :bangwall: )...we did engage their service as we knew we can count on them,having warned them before hand of dire consequences(compensate our rental/delivery+whatever expenses incurred due to their incompetent) if they cant meet our dateline.

Edited by kiven78

All of us made decisions based on our own reasons. There will be times when the decisions we made are wrong and thus we pay the price for the wrong decisions made. As can be seen from the threads, these owners are keeping each other informed and probably trying to find some support from others who are currently using Uncle Soon's service. There will be people who feels sorry knowing that they are going through these hard times, and of course there will be people who thinks that they deserved it since they were already fore-warned by others. If you feel that they deserved it, there is no need to gloat over their predicament and post sarcastic threads, you can always don't read the threads. Let's all be reasonable adults and show kindness to those who are suffering. My heart goes out to those who are currently suffering under Uncle Soon's hands. All be strong and hopefully Uncle Soon will wake up his ideas and start to take some actions instead.

I feel sad for all ah soon supporters...seriously i am also included...i m jus low profile....ah soon really wasting alot of my time...

Edited by JuzChris

All of us made decisions based on our own reasons. There will be times when the decisions we made are wrong and thus we pay the price for the wrong decisions made. As can be seen from the threads, these owners are keeping each other informed and probably trying to find some support from others who are currently using Uncle Soon's service. There will be people who feels sorry knowing that they are going through these hard times, and of course there will be people who thinks that they deserved it since they were already fore-warned by others. If you feel that they deserved it, there is no need to gloat over their predicament and post sarcastic threads, you can always don't read the threads. Let's all be reasonable adults and show kindness to those who are suffering. My heart goes out to those who are currently suffering under Uncle Soon's hands. All be strong and hopefully Uncle Soon will wake up his ideas and start to take some actions instead.

Thanks MM :)

I believe that when we make mistakes, we need to learn from our errors. That is how we grow.

this topic need to be close as more and more personal attacks is done than constructive ideas to bring about the closure of the problems.

i sincerely pray that the problems is solved quickly, and i pray that i wont have to encounter the problems some of you having.

and i apologised if any of my comment earlier in this post has caused any pain and heartache.

:D

Thanks MM :)

I believe that when we make mistakes, we need to learn from our errors. That is how we grow.

Hi all...

Does anyone here knows where ah soon lives and stays??? I am kinda desperate in getting contact with him now... does anyone here includin ah soon's customer knows his exact location and address? If I look for jason goh, will he knows where is ah soon since they are siblings???

Hi all...

Does anyone here knows where ah soon lives and stays??? I am kinda desperate in getting contact with him now... does anyone here includin ah soon's customer knows his exact location and address? If I look for jason goh, will he knows where is ah soon since they are siblings???

r u doing renovation with ah soon? i ask ah soon to call u lor.. he does respond to my sms at times....

r u doing renovation with ah soon? i ask ah soon to call u lor.. he does respond to my sms at times....

When i am reading this thread. All i can say is, its very heartening to find other fellow renovators help in any ways. Although there are people who want to save and do some budget job, it does not mean they deserve to have their job not done at all. To people who heap on others desperation and despair, I really dunno your agenda. Hope you got something better in life to accomplish. To those Ah Soon supporters, you may wanna help defend his name by asking him to juz provide the assurance that he will schedule some completion promise however slow the progress. Hope things will pick up.

Applause! Well said

no wonder i keep sneezing..

folks, my 5 room was done in 12 weeks. initially i was told it'll only take 8 weeks. For new home owners who wish to get value for money reno, Ah Soon is no longer the person to go to.

There was this reply, asking how come ah soon supporters use to speak up for him but not now. Since I am up here today, I shall reply to that query. this clearly shows that we are not blind supporters just for the sake of joining the crowd. I guess this also shows that the so call supporters are geninue home owners who will give geninue feedbacks and reviews. We are not childish people who will blindly defend someone who can't prove his worth. During our time, he served us well for the sum we paid, but clearly not anymore, so why defend?

The only thing that remains the same is, ah soon customers' are a group who will not hesitate to broadcast bad reviews for the benefit of others if the need arise and the group will provide support and try to help each other as much as possible. till this day i am still amazed by the unity exhibited by his customers.

Same method applies folks, whoever manage to get hold of him, do try to convey the agony of the others to him. Jiayou! and new owners please open ur eyes wide and dun cry foul if u make a rush and poor informed decision due to lack of reseach in this forum.

p/s flamers can ignore my post cos i won't respond to flaming.

trevor/jus_me/Jesslyn, dun mind send me an sms if u see this post. I lost all ur numbers lah... cos my hp died on me and ur contacts are in my phone memory :(

For new home owners who wish to get value for money reno, Ah Soon is no longer the person to go to.

....new owners please open ur eyes wide and dun cry foul if u make a rush and poor informed decision due to lack of reseach in this forum.

open ur eyes wide and dun cry foul

meanin dun cry mummy cry daddy lah?

& dun cry foul lah too?

gee whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tralala tralalala tralalalalalalalah

Edited by fini

imo, every business got it's ups and downs... especially in the contractors field... i am not trying to side ah soon... what i am saying, when my hubby decided to engage ah soon, i told him the disadvantage of engaging him is that, he can run away with our money anytime...

at the very least, now he has not MIA yet! *fingers crossed*

now, uncle promised us this week will have jobs done and will HO by this month (NOV) FOR SURE!! we listen only. people here in renotalk can also vouch for us if this promise by uncle will come true?????

me n trevor are in the midst of getting direct contractors to finish up our job if uncle don't respond to us this week. if any contractor who sees our situation and willing to give us a helping hand, we will be much appreciated. or if fellow forumers have direct contact of these contractors that is cheap and good, pm me.

I need to do the remaining:

1) Painting

2) Whole house window grilles

3) Balcony windors

4) Patch up ceiling works

5) Shower screen for toilets

6) Bi-fold doors for toilet

7) Install WC, Basin, rainshower, water storage heater & miscellaneous

8) Electric works (minor works)

9) Minor tiling work and rectifications

10) Change door locks

well said, we need constructive feedbacks/comments/advises... :o