Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

OMG, why are the rest of us like slower than you huh?!?! You started later than us wor... dun tell me you ____ with uncle?!?!? :o

Hi, i have a deadline for uncle to meet, and i call him daily to rush him.. anyway where you stay? what is done?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
So far so good, uncle started to hack my place on 22nd Sept, till now, tiles, electric, ceiling, all completed, plumber and painting will be completed end

of this week, only left cabinets to go. Should be alble to meet my time frame (6 weeks), i heard from the tiler, there's a case in tampines which is suppose to be complete

on 27th oct but until now floor now yet complete.

OMG, why are the rest of us like slower than you huh?!?! You started later than us wor... dun tell me you ____ with uncle?!?!? :o

well the point now is, if u want to save like $10K and can expect to wait 3months or more, then u can engage ah soon...

at the moment is like this. because ah soon also handle hdb project, which to too much to handle already. he is going to do away with HDB and concentrate in doing house owners reno... only then, his HO date can be not soo long...

i am not siding with ah soon, just that you have to balance the savings vs the time taken to wait... is it worthwhile to u? can u afford to wait?

So far so good, uncle started to hack my place on 22nd Sept, till today the tiles, electric, ceiling, are completed. Plumber and painting will be completed end

of this week, only left cabinets to go. Should be able to meet my time frame (6 weeks). Last time the carpentry guy is named Ah wei, no longer with uncle, i wonder

who is replacing him.

Edited by konajovin

folks,

we just can't be running around like herd mentality. I have done a couple of renovation before for my houses. When the contractor/id is not busy, he will give you all the attention. When he is busy, he will not. Less time means lousy work.

Of course, we can argue on that point. Imagine, if one can't give you the committed time, then who will be doing all the inspection.

In this world, we paid for a service. We cannot be soft hearted to them. Soft hearted to them means that we suffer. This is the right statement. Many of the id or most will take you for granted, if you go soft.

Go and source around. see which one you can trust. Set high standard with him. Do not listen to all the crap talks and over promised at the beginning, they don't mean anything when they can't be deliver.

I will be doing my property soon. I have yet decide to go for 1 id or split it out between contractor and id. But, I will definitely kept a little red book taking all notes when I talk to the id. A lot of them like to talk a lot, but when actions come..minimal.

take care..and keep yr eyes open. It does not mean a good recommendation here mean good id. If it is, then it is a easy formula for rich id. They just need to pump up their own reputation.

hi,

yes, alot of ID talk very smart, comes to real work, alot of 'taichi'..

anyway, ID comes with a price, better to shortlist someone who is very knowledgeable -- ask them more technical questions and see if they can answer..?

i approach some many IDS, i realize alot of them, technical knowledge is poor. when this happens, end up, alot of things may need to change or add due to the overlook on the technical aspects.. then one will be stuck in the situation whereby, 'dun pay also cannot' kind of situation

i was quite surprised that we, houseowners, are also repsonsible to ensure that the contractors work is within HDB guidelines!

i hope u find ur ideal ID soon and have a smooth journey! :)

folks,

we just can't be running around like herd mentality. I have done a couple of renovation before for my houses. When the contractor/id is not busy, he will give you all the attention. When he is busy, he will not. Less time means lousy work.

Of course, we can argue on that point. Imagine, if one can't give you the committed time, then who will be doing all the inspection.

In this world, we paid for a service. We cannot be soft hearted to them. Soft hearted to them means that we suffer. This is the right statement. Many of the id or most will take you for granted, if you go soft.

Go and source around. see which one you can trust. Set high standard with him. Do not listen to all the crap talks and over promised at the beginning, they don't mean anything when they can't be deliver.

I will be doing my property soon. I have yet decide to go for 1 id or split it out between contractor and id. But, I will definitely kept a little red book taking all notes when I talk to the id. A lot of them like to talk a lot, but when actions come..minimal.

take care..and keep yr eyes open. It does not mean a good recommendation here mean good id. If it is, then it is a easy formula for rich id. They just need to pump up their own reputation.

Edited by negarawan

yes, luck is the word. just like forumer pinkpetter who renovated with ah soon, he finished her reno within a month...

so she is kind of lucky...

somemore whether ur quote is the cheapest anot, still have to wait until u finish reno then u will know... cus i have friends who in the midst of reno, alot of charges add on (no choice must pay that kind), is way above market prices one...

Yeah yeah, this is true.. what i worry most.

all those hidden charges...... for no reason need to top up cash.

I think that that is worse..

I gotten Uncle's contact from Pinkpetter too.. i think she belongs to the earlier batch when Uncle is not so busy

hence less problem.

yes, luck is the word. just like forumer pinkpetter who renovated with ah soon, he finished her reno within a month...

so she is kind of lucky...

somemore whether ur quote is the cheapest anot, still have to wait until u finish reno then u will know... cus i have friends who in the midst of reno, alot of charges add on (no choice must pay that kind), is way above market prices one...

Cheaper than other IDs ? Maybe slightly cheaper not really cheap till heaven and sky. I had compare his quotation and mine current ID. Slightly cheaper but quality wise i not sure. My flooring is done by a local uncle and I would his skill is MO ta teng . I would said no kicking effect . He really take his time and effort in laying tiles. My unit will be completing soon . My ID has always keep me updated on the status. Everyday there are workers at my unit doing up . I am lucky that i did not choose him else I would starting dropping hair.

Actually I agree with nobody - I also asked for quote from Uncle before I confirmed my renovation. Cheaper than most but not the cheapest. I have two quotes that are cheaper than his (one contractor at Bedok and another ID at Bukit Timah area). At the end I picked the ID because Uncle's response time really cannot make it. Kept saying he will come by to explain the quote and wait till we confirm with the ID he still no show.

Not that the ID is perfect (I did have my fair share of problem, check my T-blog), but I just can't help but to comment that why do you want to have such heartache (knowing beforehand that this is going to happen). I believe if you look hard enough you will be able to find quotations that are similar to Uncle's, but with less heartache.

Just my two cents' worth, don't mean to critise anybody.

But the thing is, even if willing to spend the $10 or $20K extra doesnt mean the reno process is hassle free.

I think there are still members amidst RT who are getting sai from their ID.

So I guess, its really like gambling with luck. wont know until the reno starts till HO right?

Edited by charemme

Just curious....

If his svc is really that bad... why still so many owner look for him ? Saving a few grand, and spend it on health/medical is definitly not worth...

hmmmm..... curious...

well the point now is, if u want to save like $10K and can expect to wait 3months or more, then u can engage ah soon...

at the moment is like this. because ah soon also handle hdb project, which to too much to handle already. he is going to do away with HDB and concentrate in doing house owners reno... only then, his HO date can be not soo long...

i am not siding with ah soon, just that you have to balance the savings vs the time taken to wait... is it worthwhile to u? can u afford to wait?

Edited by seashell

For my case, it was a blessing in disguise that Ah Soon turned to a professional pilot on me. Must thank him for that as I have went for another contractor, who was highly recommended by my colleague as a reliable and reasonably priced one (non-internet based), and his quote is very much comparable to Ah Soon's based on similar requirement. So far, no aeroplane from him on our meet-ups & all calls answered. In fact, I was late for the last meet up. haha.

I have to really agree with some of the above comments made on this Ah Soon...

Will put up a T blog once progress is on. :)

*Don't ask/PM me for contacts... let me try first... If progress is good, I'll recommend to reno seekers here cos' I know how headache it is to locate a good & reliable one. :D

Thats great, hope to see yr blog sooner.

cheers

For my case, it was a blessing in disguise that Ah Soon turned to a professional pilot on me. Must thank him for that as I have went for another contractor, who was highly recommended by my colleague as a reliable and reasonably priced one (non-internet based), and his quote is very much comparable to Ah Soon's based on similar requirement. So far, no aeroplane from him on our meet-ups & all calls answered. In fact, I was late for the last meet up. haha.

I have to really agree with some of the above comments made on this Ah Soon...

Will put up a T blog once progress is on. :)

*Don't ask/PM me for contacts... let me try first... If progress is good, I'll recommend to reno seekers here cos' I know how headache it is to locate a good & reliable one. :D

kekeke, ask ah soon go there to fly aeroplane!!! muahahahahahah

SOON?? phuay kee over marina south/ NPark ahhh ! :P

Edited by fini

Just curious....

If his svc is really that bad... why still so many owner look for him ? Saving a few grand, and spend it on health/medical is definitly not worth...

hmmmm..... curious...

Even u pay alot more, no guarantee that these kind of problem wont occurred rite? No?