Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
celerygoh

Curtain Company To Recommend?

Hi i just try out kingsley window furnishing as mention by some forumers here. True enough their services were excellent and they are really punctual. Manage to get a deal much cheaper than a few other quotations. --edited--

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Please beware of Teng Yong Curtain Pte Ltd. I have a very bad experience with them and purposely signed up for an account just to warn others not to be a victim.

They were at the furniture fair at Expo hall 7 which we went on 18th April 2014. As this is our 1st time doing our renovation works, we regretted not comparing with other recommended companies for our roller blinds. The prices quoted by the sales staff at Expo was very attractive, he quoted us a maximum $240 for roller blinds done for 2 bedrooms (ours was a 3 room BTO in Sengkang) but of course, prices will be slightly different as I understand that they need to take the detailed measurements first. But, in order to secure the so call "promo" price of $6 per sq ft, we need to pay a deposit on the spot.

Appointment for measurement taking was fixed on 23rd April at 2pm. However, on the day of appointment at 2pm, no one turn up. We then called up the staff in charge and only then he told us that he is on urgent leave. Nobody took the initiative to inform us that their guys could not come and only when we call the office, they then arrange for another guy to come at 4pm in which he was late again for 30mins. Upon taking site measurement for my 2 bedrooms, he calculated the total to be $790 for both rooms which is ridiculous, how can the price difference be so huge!? If it's a difference of $100-$200 we are able to accept it. but a difference of $500+ is too much. As we have already made a deposit, we have no choice but to proceed with just 1 bedroom (as we felt that their prices are too expensive and we would like to seek 2nd opinion). Installation date was then confirmed to be on 30th April at 2pm.

Yesterday was supposedly the installation date, we tried calling the guy in the morning to confirm the time but no one answered our call. 2pm and no one turn up again, we tried calling the guy again and he finally picked up but he then told us that the materials are not here yet! How can they have no decency to inform the customers that materials are not here and we were just waiting in vain. My husband was unhappy about this as he took leave specifically for this just to have his leave wasted. He then called the office and spoke to a lady (which after many calls turns out to be the boss). The lady lied to us saying that she is just a staff who answers the company's phone and put us on hold for a few times when we asked to speak to someone who can make decisions. She then gave us many excuses saying that her boss is not in, materials have arrived and they can send someone down to fix up the blinds for us immediately. Apparently, no communication between the sales staff and the office and they have to lie to their customers, but we no longer trust this company and we requested that they refund the deposit to us. Still waiting for answers from this lousy company, if they insist to take our deposit, will most probably lodge a complaint with CASE.

Sorry for the long rant, not sure if any others whom have engaged them before but for those who have not, please beware of this scammer company.

*Just saw these reviews from their past customers. Regretted not doing my homework before paying deposit to them.

http://stylplus.insing.com/business/teng-yong-curtain/jurong-east/id-15900000

Edited by Juney

I previously got my curtains from JB.

They were cheap but din't look great. In fact, looked dated.

Anyone has cheap curtains contacts in JB with good designs?

Hi all, i'm looking for curtains too...heard bought from JB will be much cheaper...any recommendation??? Thanks.

Thanks! I dropped by Meridien Curtain today and their pricing seemed competitive. But mainly polyester or polyester mix for the budget I wanted as they said easier to take care.

Likely to go with them and will feedback.

I used to get my from jb too. He used to be good n cheap but the last time I intro my cousin to him, he messed up n my cousin gave up hope. In the end, she got it from 11 November.

I previously got my curtains from JB.

They were cheap but din't look great. In fact, looked dated.

Anyone has cheap curtains contacts in JB with good designs?

Hi maybe u can try take a look at this website

www.mycurtainsandblinds.com

I hope it help with the roller blinds if u are still looking for. Got this great info from another user here which I feel very useful for owner like us.

Edited by Maggie85

Check out 11 November.
Great and efficient service from them. I had day & night curtains installed for my living room, night curtains for MBR + blinds for 2 bedrooms.

Everything went very smoothly - from consultation to installation.

Debbie & Jo are very friendly people as well.

Most importantly, very reasonable prices. :)

You can contact Debbie at 98191481.

Please beware of Teng Yong Curtains at Expo. I have very bad experience with them.

I recently paid a deposit during their expo fair to lock down "expo prices" which are supposedly really cheap and a discount after the final amount.

However, during the appointment, they (different guy from the expo salesman) turn their back on the promise and refuse to give the discount, claiming the expo price is already very cheap and would at most refund us the deposit.

When we call their main office to ask for the refund, they refuse to refund the deposit. After many phone calls and couple of day, they finally agreed to give us the discount. By this time we have already lost all our confidence with the company for all the unnecessary stress and time wasted. We now only want them to do partial based on the lock down price and was now told the "expo prices" is for whole house and individual rooms prices will be almost 50% higher and a installation charge of $150.

However, the admin of the company told us the installation charge is $120 and another sales guy told us they can waive installation for total amount >$500.

This shows much about the integrity of the company in charging their clients.

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew. he also does curtains and other window stuff.

one word: FANTASTIC! !!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also jawdrop.gif bowdown.gif when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.

Hi, can pm me the contact pls????