Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You know, you could try honey as another alternative too. Come to think of it, honey is also used as a glaze for certain things during grilling, roasting & baking.

It smells nice :D Then give the nice glossy effect haha...

Tastewise, love the sweet and a bit sour taste ;)

You know, you could try honey as another alternative too. Come to think of it, honey is also used as a glaze for certain things during grilling, roasting & baking.

Haha yea I dun have honey in my hse :P

And lazy want to go down and get so use the nearest alternative :P

can anyone tell me what's the diff between shortening and butter? and which is better?also will icing harden on the cake or only fondant is the harden kind?

Edited by preciousjam

:dribble: will we get one box each when we go to tulips place?

Haha~ Very tiring man. Now shoulders and back aching cuz baked and decorated for abt 14hrs yesterday... Dun think will repeat this feat anytime soon. :P

wa!!!!! so nice!!!!!!!! hehe but i no eat cookies de. so must bake something else for me ah!

Haha, tks! I rem, and u hate raisins too rite? But I dun tink my baking skills is better than urs. U make peach cheesecake woh~ :dribble:

ya so no cookies, no raisins, no mushrooms, no capsicums...

if i remember i let u know again. hahahahha....

Haha, chim man. Like that it's cupcakes/muffins agn liao loh. Or a loaf of bread. wahahhaa.. I gg to try to do chiffon cake after the new yr. If nice, I'll do tat for u. :P

Haha, chim man. Like that it's cupcakes/muffins agn liao loh. Or a loaf of bread. wahahhaa.. I gg to try to do chiffon cake after the new yr. If nice, I'll do tat for u. :P

oh me no like bread also :D

oh me no like bread also :D

... It seems easier if u tell mi wat u like. :P

wowow...angel your cookies look great!!!! the lines you drew for the x'mas tree is icing? it will harden one ar?

Hee, thanks! All of the decor for the sugar cookies are royal icing, and yes, they will harden. :)

... It seems easier if u tell mi wat u like. :P

Hee, thanks! All of the decor for the sugar cookies are royal icing, and yes, they will harden. :)

normal icing and royal icing different? went to phoon huat yesterday....alot of things out of stock esp those for making cupcakes...can't find small packet of fondant...

normal icing and royal icing different? went to phoon huat yesterday....alot of things out of stock esp those for making cupcakes...can't find small packet of fondant...

Well, I would say there's many different types of icing. Take a look at the webbies below for more info:

http://www.cake-decorating-corner.com/icing-recipes.html

http://www.baking911.com/decorating/icing_...rosting%20Types

I didn't use egg whites in my icing. Just icing sugar, corn syrup, milk, flavouring & colouring. Yah, most pple would be rushing to bake stuff for this wk's festive season. Maybe u can use a cookie as the base and use royal icing. It'll harden and u can use it for ur dad's cake (it's still for ur dad rite?).

Well, I would say there's many different types of icing. Take a look at the webbies below for more info:

http://www.cake-decorating-corner.com/icing-recipes.html

http://www.baking911.com/decorating/icing_...rosting%20Types

I didn't use egg whites in my icing. Just icing sugar, corn syrup, milk, flavouring & colouring. Yah, most pple would be rushing to bake stuff for this wk's festive season. Maybe u can use a cookie as the base and use royal icing. It'll harden and u can use it for ur dad's cake (it's still for ur dad rite?).

yes still trying to figure out how to do that and I'm gonna bake some cupcakes on x'mas day for weekend parties....the recipe you gave for icing is royal icing or normal? if its normal, can tell how you made the royal?

you going this sunday to tulips place?