Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Kitchen Without Tiles

One more thing is his initial quote for plastering of whole house is $1400.

I find that since he wrote "Plastering of whole house" in his initial quote, then this additional kitchen plastering shld not add in anymore further cost

What do you guys think for the price of $1400 plastering of a 4 Room A Flat.

Whole hse plastering does it included the ceiling, if yes, go for it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Whole hse plastering does it included the ceiling, if yes, go for it.

Yes it include the ceiling...

but what i mean is if he add additional cost for plastering the kitchen den its not that worth bah ?

since we can use his "Whole House PLastering" from his initial quote to say him... haha, kitchen is part of the "whole house" ma :P

I always think all these are too expensive... just diy :)

take a look at reliancenami

$18 per bag, buy 10 bag enough for 3rm flat. Only $180 :)

Wah ownself plaster ah.... hmmm, i already find ownself paint abit tedious liao leh :P

but really is very cheap hor...lol

ownself plaster will go wrong anot ? like uneven, bla bla bla

Wah ownself plaster ah.... hmmm, i already find ownself paint abit tedious liao leh :P

if the wall is uneven, then it's your own fault :) I suggest you use a level gauge or a string and ball method to ensure your wall is plastered perpendicular. If it's uneven, you can patch it back right? If someone else do, uneven you also can't do anything. you plaster yourself, you save $1000 plus. 2 days enough to plaster whole house with a friend so you can do it over the weekend or take 2 days leave :) also, you don't have to worry about the subcon given you subquality plaster. 1 to 5 yrs down the road, you can tell yourself that you know the plaster used is good. PS. if you use this plaster, you don't even have to paint! so you save another $1000 plus. Total savings $2000-3000. Only 2 days of work. Worth it? You decide :)

the website claims the following..

NAMI Advantages:

1. Labour /Time Saving:

1. Elimination of sanding or smoothing process. Its micro structure ensures a smooth appearance always, after each application.

2. Fast curing times (approx thirty minutes) allows work continuity without idle time in waiting for first layer to dry.

3. Fast drying times ( approx 6 - 7 hours in room temp of 25 Deg C) depending on weather conditions.

2. Easy Applications:

1. No need to hire experienced plastering workers as an unskilled worker can easily learn the skill.

2. Does not drip or splatter easily.

3. Can be applied in low temperatures (0-5 Deg) conditions.

3. Choice of Colors:

* Available in your color of choice with addition of natural color dyes into the compound putty stage. This will eliminate painting. However, if painting is required, it is also feasible and only good quality wall paint is recommended.

4. Economical To Use:

* It uses approximately 0.8 kg to 1 kg of compound powder to apply onto a 1 square metre of wall space per coat. However for best results, two coats are often recommended for uneven surfaces.

5. Long Shelf Life:

* The average shelf life is 12 months from the date of manufacture in two layered kraft paper bag 20 kg packing. Product must be stored in dry conditions at room temperature. However, it was stored below –5 Degree C conditions with no adverse effect in a Chinese warehouse.

U needs to have some plastering skills to do the job, is not that straight forward. Most difficult part is plastering the ceiling, talking abt ceiling, u sure yr contractor quoted u including plastering ALL ceiling? If yes, good for you. Make sure that all the surface after plastered is smooth. Do take note that the package usually does not including wall levelling but for tiling you can insist to level yr wall before tiling.

Oh yes, you cant using plaster paste material to do wall levelling, u need cement, sand and water!!

cheers

Edited by blackcar

Must be careful hah...

My contractor initially quoted me $800+ for chemical plastering the kitchen.

After it was done, and while rewiring the house, he found out that the wall was uneven after the conduit was removed (the previous owner actually did the plastering after the wiring, hence the problem). We were charged an additional $950 for the "plastering of whole house", and that was only the part that the conduit used to occupy.

So please make sure you clarify all with your contractor. Do not make assumptions.

Must be careful hah...

My contractor initially quoted me $800+ for chemical plastering the kitchen.

After it was done, and while rewiring the house, he found out that the wall was uneven after the conduit was removed (the previous owner actually did the plastering after the wiring, hence the problem). We were charged an additional $950 for the "plastering of whole house", and that was only the part that the conduit used to occupy.

So please make sure you clarify all with your contractor. Do not make assumptions.

plaster yourself = no problem :)

plastering only the part the conduit used to occupy is called "touch up". being charged $950 for this is... makes me feel like DIY :)

U needs to have some plastering skills to do the job, is not that straight forward. Most difficult part is plastering the ceiling, talking abt ceiling, u sure yr contractor quoted u including plastering ALL ceiling? If yes, good for you. Make sure that all the surface after plastered is smooth. Do take note that the package usually does not including wall levelling but for tiling you can insist to level yr wall before tiling.

Oh yes, you cant using plaster paste material to do wall levelling, u need cement, sand and water!!

cheers

Yup my contractor gt include ceiling inside.

Come to tink of it, he did mention, plastering does NOT include wall levelling, because last time old HDB walls not even one... aiyo meaning if want him to level, $$$ again...dotz

Can anyone tell me the difference between chemical plastering and normal plastering ???

From what i know, the chemical stuff which is milky in color are added to the cement paste for better bonding.