Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

according to opennet, yes :D

first 15m of wire from door is free, so up to you. you want to run to your bedroom also can. at 1gb/s, i don't think 15m will make a difference in speed.

15m is quite long leh.... the 15m is fibre right? When it reaches my modem become 100mb, go thru my wireless router become 54mb hahaha

er i ask my mom, she bought for me. from what i know, it's cheap and commonly available in neighbourhood hardware shops :D

Ok! I ask my mum go buy then quickly ask my contractor to put it up for me... do u mind helping me to measure the distance from one end to the other for the mounting of the hooks?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
15m is quite long leh.... the 15m is fibre right? When it reaches my modem become 100mb, go thru my wireless router become 54mb hahaha

ok lah if i can get 50mbps to oversea servers, i will be very very happy.

Ok! I ask my mum go buy then quickly ask my contractor to put it up for me... do u mind helping me to measure the distance from one end to the other for the mounting of the hooks?

my kitchen is smaller than yours. usually you buy 2 pole holders and some poles. the poles can be cut to size. the pole holders can be fit at any distance from each other. just make sure they are level and not slanted :D mine is about 1.8m but my kitchen is smaller than normal.

ok lah if i can get 50mbps to oversea servers, i will be very very happy.

Maybe what joseeng said is true, the future tv signal will be tap from this 1gb. Cos' our speed always limited by oversea connections... Now give 1gb also not much use...

But by the time opennet matured, maybei moved house liao....

May I know what is good about Compact 707?

707 is a well-established brand and is fully copper. mistral is also fully copper :D

i see that you already bought mistral and panasonic.

i got 707 compact and mistral MSH3

the MSH3 only has 0, 1, 2, and 3 while the compact 707 has 0, 1, 2, 3 and it also has a dial knob for hot to cold. this allows more precise control of water temperature.

actually i wanted to get 2 mistral but my mom said my grandma wanted to buy 707 compact for me so i accepted :D

my kitchen is smaller than yours. usually you buy 2 pole holders and some poles. the poles can be cut to size. the pole holders can be fit at any distance from each other. just make sure they are level and not slanted :D mine is about 1.8m but my kitchen is smaller than normal.

Ok, thanks! But who can cut for me? Most of my contractors got cutting tools one all finished their work liao.... i buy saw and saw myself.... :-O

May I know what is good about Compact 707?

Reliability. Previously i also use 707 for 7 years. When i sell house, it is still working! after 7 years... i should have dismantle it and bring it with me.... can save $190.

:-p

Ok, thanks! But who can cut for me? Most of my contractors got cutting tools one all finished their work liao.... i buy saw and saw myself.... :-O

yes, DIY it :D

remember to buy saw that can saw aluminum

wood saw and aluminum saw is different.

Reliability. Previously i also use 707 for 7 years. When i sell house, it is still working! after 7 years... i should have dismantle it and bring it with me.... can save $190.

:-p

i bought compact 707 at $165 :D

Edited by ossify

according to opennet, yes :D

first 15m of wire from door is free, so up to you. you want to run to your bedroom also can. at 1gb/s, i don't think 15m will make a difference in speed.

Is the opennet thingy = to the fibre installation thingy?

i think the openet thingy should be placed near your tv cos if not wrong, the future tv signal will be tapped from this instead of the current scv point. btw, the first 15m from the main entrance is installed foc, additional length will be charged.

hi,

I got info that if your TV is near 15m than it's fine , if not than just place the access point near main entrance area and from there all the connection points(eg: to TV, Computer,etc..) should be via wireless-router connection, 1 of the reason is that the fiber cable will be very costy to run into all your house appliances....whilst, wirelesss cann connects all at 1 time .....is this correct understanding an am i getting the correct info?

cheers!

:yamseng:

hi,

I got info that if your TV is near 15m than it's fine , if not than just place the access point near main entrance area and from there all the connection points(eg: to TV, Computer,etc..) should be via wireless-router connection, 1 of the reason is that the fiber cable will be very costy to run into all your house appliances....whilst, wirelesss cann connects all at 1 time .....is this correct understanding an am i getting the correct info?

cheers!

:yamseng:

Sorry, wireless doesn't transmit at 1gb/s :D

Lan cables come with different specs.

CAT-5 is rated to 100M

CAT-5e is rated to 350M

CAT-6 and CAT6e is rated to 550M or 1000M depending on your source

CAT-7 is supposedly rated to 700M or presumably 1000M

According to opennet website, we should use CAT 5e or 6. That means they expect the speed to be around 350M-550M, not 1gb/s. Quite interesting :D So please don't get Cat 5 if you are getting lan cables now... if electrician want to give you cheap goods you must open eyes big big.

Sorry, wireless doesn't transmit at 1gb/s :D

Lan cables come with different specs.

CAT-5 is rated to 100M

CAT-5e is rated to 350M

CAT-6 and CAT6e is rated to 550M or 1000M depending on your source

CAT-7 is supposedly rated to 700M or presumably 1000M

According to opennet website, we should use CAT 5e or 6. That means they expect the speed to be around 350M-550M, not 1gb/s. Quite interesting :D So please don't get Cat 5 if you are getting lan cables now... if electrician want to give you cheap goods you must open eyes big big.

hi ossify,

Thank you so much for your very informative input & advise! :good:

cheers! :yamseng:

talking about Open net,i just register myself and realised that my place installation is Now till Feb,so fast ah?! :o

my area is schedule only at end-2010....still long long to go.... :( ........