Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Cellini Calypso Sofa Fan Club

Hi all. I went to the outlet at TradeHub 21 last night and was quite keen on the Calypso sofa as well. One concern though is how comfortable and practical is the sofa. I agree it has an ***** and is pleasing to the eyes but how practical is it? For those who have bought and had been using it for a while, can you share whether you find the sofa comfortable? Any difficulties for elderly folks? Is it 'back friendly' (ie does it cause any discomfort on the back). I tried it at the showroom. Due to its design, the 'sitting experience' is not like conventional sofas (if you know what i mean) so i would like to hear any feedback on the usage. Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all. I went to the outlet at TradeHub 21 last night and was quite keen on the Calypso sofa as well. One concern though is how comfortable and practical is the sofa. I agree it has an ***** and is pleasing to the eyes but how practical is it? For those who have bought and had been using it for a while, can you share whether you find the sofa comfortable? Any difficulties for elderly folks? Is it 'back friendly' (ie does it cause any discomfort on the back). I tried it at the showroom. Due to its design, the 'sitting experience' is not like conventional sofas (if you know what i mean) so i would like to hear any feedback on the usage. Thanks in advance for all your comments.

I find it comfortable. Usually I will sit to 1 end and put my leg onto the middle....

No old folks at my place, so can't comment.

The back friendly thing - I just u just need to put the cushion behind, will do the job.

But I did find that cushion not enough. Cos the 5 cushion given act more like a back support. So need to top up cushion for hugging purpose.

I find it comfortable. Usually I will sit to 1 end and put my leg onto the middle....

No old folks at my place, so can't comment.

The back friendly thing - I just u just need to put the cushion behind, will do the job.

But I did find that cushion not enough. Cos the 5 cushion given act more like a back support. So need to top up cushion for hugging purpose.

Hi, can I check with you the white coffee table like a half sphere shape one, where you got it from? Can i know how much and whether they got other colour?

Thank you

Hi, can I check with you the white coffee table like a half sphere shape one, where you got it from? Can i know how much and whether they got other colour?

Thank you

I think i pm u the detail but forget the price

retail at $599 but hor I bargain bargain - then I bought dinning chair with them too . So in the end got it for ard 450

Finally got my Calypso from Park Mall Cellini at discounted price! :P By the way, Rose from Park Mall Cellini is indeed very helpful and not pushy at all. ;)

Wow .... Calypso club is also growing like the henner club ... phahhaaa

Finally got my Calypso from Park Mall Cellini at discounted price! :P By the way, Rose from Park Mall Cellini is indeed very helpful and not pushy at all. ;)

Oh that's great! :D Did you get the PU or leather version? Must share your photos here when it's ready ah! :)

Oh that's great! :D Did you get the PU or leather version? Must share your photos here when it's ready ah! :)

I got the sofa too, got from Michelle at FM, she told me Rose RETIRED!!!!!! 2668 for the sofa in half PU and half fabric, 6 big backrest, 1 ottoman, 1 kingsize bed frame, 1 king size mattress (not the latex one) and an option to buy the tv console at 450. Is it a good dea??? So tired after bargaining for 1 hour.

Me too.. half PU and half fabric.. all black! Anyway, I did not get the foot stool in the end. My Calypso delivery will be during end Dec. ;)

Can ask how much you paid for your package? Mine delivery on Xmas eve if my contractor can make it on time.

Want to get the white coffee table the other chap bought from red apple but my wife says don't waste money

Can ask how much you paid for your package? Mine delivery on Xmas eve if my contractor can make it on time.

Want to get the white coffee table the other chap bought from red apple but my wife says don't waste money

I did not take up any package, paid a discounted price for the sofa only. I will be doing built in furnitures for my new place.. so no need to buy bedframe, tv console... etc though the package looks attractive. I also like the white coffee table but looking for something with storage. :rolleyes:

Are u guys refering to my coffee table :)

actually look nice only ..... no storage really a bit wasted ... :)

ya I like the half sphere coffee table you have. Hmm maybe I go S&C see got anything similar.

Good move Simon. I second it! We can have the same, but it doesn't have to look the same. Here's my combo:

P8170018.jpg

Hi can ask the glass on your ottoman, will it moves or you got something to fix it? how much you paid for it? Is it tempered?

Hi can ask the glass on your ottoman, will it moves or you got something to fix it? how much you paid for it? Is it tempered?

If I am not wrong he recycle one of his old furniture Glass . And it happen it jus fix nicely. Can read up in his thread